closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega ‘London’ Seamaster

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Obviously such a good response to the design from Binsull's pictures that 12 hours later it's on SC. Shortest time from a proud "look what I bought" picture post to "for sale like new" SC post ever?
    Pretty standard for Binsull :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    It’s ok just found the size, think it’s too small for me as I prefer 42-45mm. Lovely looking watch though.
    You might be surprised. The absence of any meaningful bezel means the dial takes greater prominence and therefore the watch will wear larger than expected. A wrist pic might help.....and also aid the ongoing SC thread.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Pretty standard for Binsull :)
    I loved the £500 day two price drop. “Decided I was too ambitious with my day one price gouging.”

I don't normally like that style of watch at all let alone crocs but that looks mighty fine to my eyes. I'd have the strap off straight away though.

I loved the £500 day two price drop. “Decided I was too ambitious with my day one price gouging.”
    MRSP: £5,600. Opening price on SC: £5,450. Current price: £5,000.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    MRSP: £5,600. Opening price on SC: £5,450. Current price: £5,000.
    So we’re meant to believe that the watch is being sold at a £600 loss after 24 hours ownership. I think not.

Surprised at price drops, thought was sold out at ADs.

Master
    So we’re meant to believe that the watch is being sold at a £600 loss after 24 hours ownership. I think not.
    Believe what you like, but it is.

Last edited by Binsull; 15th March 2019 at 10:52.

Unless a member has a previous record of furtively attempting to turn an undisclosed profit, I can't see how making an evidence-free accusation like this could be acceptable. I don't myself recall this member of the community ever having been involved in that kind of behaviour, but then I've only been here three years. Is there something in the past I'm missing?

Master
    Come on, members are perfectly entitled to ask whatever price they choose...and everyone else is entitled to make their own decision on that price.
    ‘Binsull’ is a real asset to this forum; he regularly offers lightly used watches at good prices. I’m not the only one to benefit from that. Why criticise decent forum members in this manner?

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Come on, members are perfectly entitled to ask whatever price they choose...and everyone else is entitled to make their own decision on that price.
    ‘Binsull’ is a real asset to this forum; he regularly offers lightly used watches at good prices. I’m not the only one to benefit from that. Why criticise decent forum members in this manner?
    Here here.

In case my comment above was taken out of context, it was meant light heartedly as Binsull often likes to chop and change, as paskinner says, to the benefit of many on the forum.

Craftsman
    My apologies. I speak as one who finds it hard to imagine taking a £600 loss on a watch the day I buy it but I should and will keep my opinion to myself in future <shows himself the door>

Master
    Blog Entries
    My apologies. I speak as one who finds it hard to imagine taking a £600 loss on a watch the day I buy it but I should and will keep my opinion to myself in future <shows himself the door>
    Sorry this made me laugh. £600, just over 10% loss on an omega as soon as you walk out the door is exceptionally good. Might be a high cost for 1 days wear but then these are luxury watches, and so it goes with it.

Master
    Gracious of you to say so; you don’t need to keep opinions to yourself...without opinions, no TZ.

Master
    I dropped the Mrs watch in for a service today and saw one of these in the metal. It is an utterly beautiful watch. The dial is mesmerising, a lovely blue starburst effect in the middle which catches the light, and a deep black on the outside of the dial. There may be some graduation between the two, but from my looking, I think the dial is two distinct different colours. Also the dial is a deep gloss..... and I mean deep!!
    Beware though, on the wrist it wears much larger than its size. I put this down to the lack of bezel.
    If you have the money, you’re in the market and you like large dress watches, this is certainly one to consider.
    As for being sold out, I was told I could put my name down for one if I wanted to, but at £600 under list, the one on SC seems great value to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Omega ‘London’ Seamaster

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Gracious of you to say so; you don’t need to keep opinions to yourself...without opinions, no TZ.
    Someone being called out, correctly, on a comment they made, apologising, then that being graciously accepted and commented on by others for doing so.......perhaps all is not lost on TZ after all

HAGWE All

On topic - Still a great watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Believe what you like, but it is.

Beautiful response Ben

Craftsman
    Yep, the best response.
    Although there was no doubt from those who have dealt with him.