closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a watch from Italy

Journeyman

Buying a watch from Italy

Has anyone dealt with an Italian dealer called Gioielleria Duca srl? Looking to purchase from them through Chrono24, their website seems legit https://www.duca1962.com/azienda.php

Also, do I need to pay an import duty?

Craftsman
    No its the EU so nothing to pay

Master
    Can’t imagine that importing a watch from Italy would be as cheap or as easy as sourcing one here. As said already there wouldn’t be import duty to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't you use the Chrono24 Trusted Checkout? 100% risk-free service for a rather small fee. The payment to the jeweller only gets released once you have confirmed to Chrono24 that you received the watch and everything is in order. I tried it and it works fine. As has been said, not customs/VAT to pay (as long as you complete the deal before Brexit).

On the other hand, the shop is authentic at least: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...px8wCnoECAoQDg.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I'd be careful with Italian dealers. In my experience, there is a higher probability that the watch will be mixed from different parts or over-polished. The same is with Asian sellers. Please be careful with the seller rating and watch conditions.

I know that this is a generalizing statement, which does not have to apply to your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfisher View Post
    I'd be careful with Italian dealers. In my experience, there is a higher probability that the watch will be mixed from different parts or over-polished. The same is with Asian sellers. Please be careful with the seller rating and watch conditions.

I know that this is a generalizing statement, which does not have to apply to your dealer.
    Hmm, that is a very wide generalisation that is not borne out by mt experience at all.
    The Italians have had a watch collecting culture for a long time, and have a very much more varied market in terms of independent dealers, with every reasonable sized town having a used dealer somewhere, unlike the UK (Bristol has none to speak of, for instance, and I saw 3 in Bergamo alone, which is tiny).
    Sure, that means there are some wrong 'uns, but there there are just loads more, mostly good ones. I have had universally good experiences with used Italian dealers, finding them professional and knowledgable. I have dealt with about 5 from memory, but not the one in the OP.

Looking at the stock in the OPs dealer, it would seem their Rolex stock is commendably unpolished, and very extensive
    Dave

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Hmm, that is a very wide generalisation that is not borne out by mt experience at all.
    The Italians have had a watch collecting culture for a long time, and have a very much more varied market in terms of independent dealers, with every reasonable sized town having a used dealer somewhere, unlike the UK (Bristol has none to speak of, for instance, and I saw 3 in Bergamo alone, which is tiny).
    Sure, that means there are some wrong 'uns, but there there are just loads more, mostly good ones. I have had universally good experiences with used Italian dealers, finding them professional and knowledgable. I have dealt with about 5 from memory, but not the one in the OP.

Looking at the stock in the OPs dealer, it would seem their Rolex stock is commendably unpolished, and very extensive
    Dave
    Biased here... But Italy was the largest luxury watch market in Europe for a long time... Probably more stock than many places in Europe. Just like everywhere else just BE careful.