closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help getting watch from London to Cumbria please...

Master

Help getting watch from London to Cumbria please...

I'd like to but a watch in SC but it's too expensive to post via RM or DHL etc.

Would any member be willing and able to collect this from Pauinm in London and get it to somewhere nearer to me in Cumbria... or the North East or North West? I'd obviously meet any costs and a decent meal out as a thank you 😀 please pm if you might be able to help as I'd like to keep this alongside a ST (version 1).

I do sometimes visit London with work but unfortunately have nothing planned at present, isn't that always the way?!!

Craftsman
    I have a courier - man with a van - who I found via anyvan initially who has moved watches/hifi of high value as well as furniture and boxes North to South and vice versa (I'm in Cheshire). He is door to door collect and deliver and totally reliable. PM me if you want his details. Heavy boxed expensive valve amp delivered door to door in London was £40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    I have a courier - man with a van - who I found via anyvan initially who has moved watches/hifi of high value as well as furniture and boxes North to South and vice versa (I'm in Cheshire). He is door to door collect and deliver and totally reliable. PM me if you want his details. Heavy boxed expensive valve amp delivered door to door in London was £40.
    That sounds like it could be just the thing.

£1 a mile is roughly the rate for couriers like that if it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    So about £600 then if return journey is charged as well

I’m in London ,I’ll be leaving tomorrow just before lunch and coming back to Doncaster,going away Saturday so you’ve only a small window,let me know if it’s any good to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Just to say I think we're sorted thanks to the OP's efforts and I those who helped. Big thank you also to those that offered assistance via pm and below, much appreciated and proof there are some great members here.

Master
    Good to hear that you're sorted now.

Its got me thinking if this could be something that forum members do for each other? As in, X would like Y to be taken to Z place - can anyone do it? Might be a good way to get funds into the fundraiser and also a way for a few people to meet.

I know I'd be happy to pick something up and drop it off if the locations and timing worked.

Master
    ^^^^ me too and liking the fundraiser suggestion too.
    Let's see if anyone else posts anything similar and if so we can maybe have a dedicated 'watch courier needed' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    So about £600 then if return journey is charged as well
    No they don't charge for return journey

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Good to hear that you're sorted now.

Its got me thinking if this could be something that forum members do for each other? As in, X would like Y to be taken to Z place - can anyone do it? Might be a good way to get funds into the fundraiser and also a way for a few people to meet.

I know I'd be happy to pick something up and drop it off if the locations and timing worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    ^^^^ me too and liking the fundraiser suggestion too.
    Let's see if anyone else posts anything similar and if so we can maybe have a dedicated 'watch courier needed' thread.
    Great idea, especially considering RMSD limitations and so on, although a few details would need to be worked out, e.g. what happens if the watch gets lost or damaged en route, etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Absolutely not my experience at all: I moved a three piece vintage Ercol suite from North Devon to Cheshire for £95 and a bike from London to Cheshire for £45 so not based on cost per mile. You must be thinking of a courier taking only your package and I was talking about couriers who consolidate a number of items going to a similar area.