closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ernest Jones discounted gift cards

Hybrid View

Ernest Jones discounted gift cards

I have my eyes on a watch from Ernest Jones, and before making a purchase some digging has shown that it's possible to buy Ernest Jones gift cards at around 15% off via employer rewards benefits at certain companies. These can in turn be used as cash equivalent towards a purchase.

I got a decent 10% off RRP just by phoning them up, however wondering if anyone has experience using gift cards on top?Are there any catches to this, assuming I were able to find someone with easy access to said discounted gift cards?
    Last edited by jayleb; 16th October 2018 at 23:54.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What brand of watch are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    What brand of watch are you looking at?
    Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by jayleb View Post
    I have my eyes on a watch from Ernest Jones, and before making a purchase some digging has shown that it's possible to buy Ernest Jones gift cards at around 15% off via employer rewards benefits at certain companies. These can in turn be used as cash equivalent towards a purchase.

I got a decent 10% off RRP just by phoning them up, however wondering if anyone has experience using gift cards on top?Are there any catches to this, assuming I were able to find someone with easy access to said discounted gift cards?
    Try it,negotiate the discount instore and then ask if u can pay with a gift card.

I’m curious to know if it will work as I also have access to discounted Ernest jones gift cards so it’s like a double discount.
    Last edited by jonny; 17th October 2018 at 00:51.

Craftsman

Ernest Jones discounted gift cards

Pretty sure that in the small print in my employer’s discount scheme Rolex, Tudor, Omega and maybe a few others can’t be purchased with the gift card. Check before you commit!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've been declined the 10% on Tudor but have used the introductory 10%, then used the gift card on a different item.

Have a look at the terms and conditions.
    My work has a similar thing for Goldsmiths too, but it excludes virtually every decent watch brand.

Craftsman
    yup - check makes in the smallprint - and beofre you buy the giftcard - be sure that your negotiated discount will stand with the gift card being used - sometimes they will only take rrp with cards

Restrictions seem to be different between Goldsmith's and Ernest Jones.

Goldsmith's T&Cs:
    "If your Gift Card was sourced through a third party affiliate, it is classed as a Corporate Gift Card.

• The Card cannot be used against the purchase of Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Cartier, IWC, TAG Connected, Tudor, Mappin & Webb Jewellery, SALE, Pre-owned Watches and any Online Only products."

Ernest Jones T&Cs:
    "If you have received one of our gift cards or eGift card, you can use it to make full or part payments on items online or in any Ernest Jones store. Your gift card(s) or eGift card maybe used along with other payment methods. You can use up to 2 gift cards, eGift cards and/or insurance replacement cards combined per order."

For Ernest Jones there is no mention of "Corporate Gift Cards" at all, so it seems it might be cash equivalent there. I'll have to do a bit more digging around this today
    Last edited by jayleb; 17th October 2018 at 08:28.

Restrictions seem to be different between Goldsmith's and Ernest Jones.

Goldsmith's T&Cs:
    "If your Gift Card was sourced through a third party affiliate, it is classed as a Corporate Gift Card.

• The Card cannot be used against the purchase of Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Cartier, IWC, TAG Connected, Tudor, Mappin & Webb Jewellery, SALE, Pre-owned Watches and any Online Only products."

Ernest Jones T&Cs:
    "If you have received one of our gift cards or eGift card, you can use it to make full or part payments on items online or in any Ernest Jones store. Your gift card(s) or eGift card maybe used along with other payment methods. You can use up to 2 gift cards, eGift cards and/or insurance replacement cards combined per order."

For Ernest Jones there is no mention of "Corporate Gift Cards" at all, so it seems it might be cash equivalent there. I'll have to do a bit more digging around this today
    It'll be fine with Tudor. 100%. I had 2 cards ready to go for a Pepsi GMT with the 15% employee benefit. Unfortunately I was out of the country when the watch became available and they would not hold it. I was going to load the cards with the required amount when I was at the point of sale to avoid any potential miss-communication issues. They are instant reloadable cards (at least they are on my scheme).

Master
    I have used these in store twice before at EJ and not had a problem. I have the same T&Cs.

I think it is luck of the draw really if you get away with it.