closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: E.C. Andersson Calypso Arctic

Master

E.C. Andersson Calypso Arctic

I’m attracted to the integrated bracelet and grey dial, I think the orange seconds hand gives a nice pop and the symmetric design.

What are forum member thoughts on this?

Apprentice
    Generally white dials do nothing for me but this looks great. I already have the black version which looks amazing but I liked the white dialled Arctic so much that I ordered it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.bez View Post
    Generally white dials do nothing for me but this looks great. I already have the black version which looks amazing but I liked the white dialled Arctic so much that I ordered it too.

Nice...

So how is the quality of the finishing on the black dial? Does the bracelet and clasp feel as solid as it looks?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Nice...

So how is the quality of the finishing on the black dial? Does the bracelet and clasp feel as solid as it looks?
    The finishing of the watch throughout is well above what I would expect at this price range. I’m not a big fan of butterfly clasps but anything else on the Calypso wouldn’t be right. The bracelet tapers just right so the butterfly clasp was the perfect choice and it feels great quality too.

The textured dial on the black really needs to be seen first hand though, it looks so much different and better than the shots I see online.

Master
    The finishing of the watch throughout is well above what I would expect at this price range. I’m not a big fan of butterfly clasps but anything else on the Calypso wouldn’t be right. The bracelet tapers just right so the butterfly clasp was the perfect choice and it feels great quality too.

The textured dial on the black really needs to be seen first hand though, it looks so much different and better than the shots I see online.

Looks great

Apprentice
    The Arctic has arrived and it has more than lived up to expectations. Love the new dial. What does everyone else think?

Master
    The Arctic has arrived and it has more than lived up to expectations. Love the new dial. What does everyone else think?

Very nice indeed. There's a lot to like there.

The hour markers are quite big (which I like) so I think, balance-wise, a no date version would look even better.

dam I like the white bit of affection for white dials) of course I have never heard of this maker before being here, away I go and research , and potentially the bank account being drained again!

and out of stock

Perhaps this is just my day to be pedantic, but why is this dial being describes as white when the photos (and the OP’s description) clearly identify it as grey?

Nice looking watch, btw...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Perhaps this is just my day to be pedantic, but why is this dial being describes as white when the photos (and the OP’s description) clearly identify it as grey?

Simon
    Must be like horses.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

Simon
    not pedantic sir, being old I only see in black and white like the old television sets ( but your right its gray and was stated as such)

E.C. Andersson Calypso Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    not pedantic sir, being old I only see in black and white like the old television sets ( but your right its gray and was stated as such)
    I'm older than you, Mitch...

Simon

That Arctic looks fantastic. If you can be bothered I'd be interested to hear how the timing is over the next few months or so with a regulated Miyota 9015. I've had that movement in a few watches over the years and I ended up getting rid of them all because I couldn't live with the poor timekeeping.

Apprentice

Bracelet

I think this watch looks awesome and I'm trying to find one for sale. I have a question on the bracelet. It seems there is quite a bit of a gap between the lugs and first link. Not sure if it was a conscious design choice, perhaps it makes it more comfortable. I'd love to hear your comments/thoughts on it.

Thanks
    Marcio

Master
    Just goes to show how different we all are. I won't buy a watch with an integral bracelet.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mnegrao View Post
    I think this watch looks awesome and I'm trying to find one for sale. I have a question on the bracelet. It seems there is quite a bit of a gap between the lugs and first link. Not sure if it was a conscious design choice, perhaps it makes it more comfortable. I'd love to hear your comments/thoughts on it.

Thanks
    Marcio
    I have the black one. Not a fan of the gaps initially, but the bracelet is very very comfortable.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Just goes to show how different we all are. I won't buy a watch with an integral bracelet.
    Well my take on this is the following:
    I have a whole collection of other watches to experiment with straps. This would not have its peculiar look with standard lugs, it would be a different compromise, in terms of aesthetics. This one stays on its bracelet. I have not even bought the optional strap available.

Craftsman
    Thats a pretty cool piece, never seen nor heard of them before!

Master
    Definitely a unique look and one that’s starting to grow on me the more I look at it – looks pretty nice and well put together in my opinion. Enjoy it!

Master
    Nice looking watch, the dial varies from grey to white depending on the picture, would need to see more pics, might have a closer look at the brand.