closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone replaced a cracked iPhone X screen?

Anyone replaced a cracked iPhone X screen?

Bought one a few weeks back and smashed it the other day, despite being in a case and under a big screen protector....
    Apple just quoted me 235 plus vat for the replacement!!!!!

I’ve done a few before, on older versions - but this is a bit of a newer beast. Anyone tried it themselves? Is it do-able for a ham-fisted oaf like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve not done it personally but have some screen replacements on older iPhones and other tablets.

Having had a look on YouTube, the guides are only 5 minutes long and it looks like everything is built into the case rather than onto the screen which makes it a lot easier.

Also, it would be easier to buy the screen and digitiser as a whole unit rather than having to split the two.

Master

Thumbs up

Sorry no help but sympathise with breaking. I did exactly the same to my last iPhone!

I’d even had the case and glass screen protector ready for its arrival and fitted as soon as it turned up. Managed to drop it and somehow hit the only vulnerable part (small gap between the screen protector and the case edge) and I actually have a crack right across the top corner of the phone screen with a perfectly intact glass screen protector over the top!

I blame apple for the stupid curved screen! Give me a straight screen so it can be better protected any day.

Having had a look on EBay, the screen and digitizer is between £180-£200 for the part only.

It may prove easier just to pay Apple. They’ll give you a new phone anyway.

With repairs at this cost point surely Apple care is a sensible option at point of purchase? Saved me a fair bit over the years with teenager + iPhone = broken phone being a common occurrence!

Anyone replaced a cracked iPhone X screen?

Yep - apple care would be the answer, but I bought it from Game. Although mint, still under warranty and only a few months old I cannot insure it via apple, protectmybubble or any of those lot.
    Perhaps cover on my contents insurance?

And £200 for the part - oof! At £225 for apple to repair it....

The videos make it look easy enough. Just did some googling and some of the replacement screens are lcd and not oled so if you do decide to do yourself make sure you know exactly what you'll be getting.

For the price of the part and what Apple are quoting is it’s the bullet and send it to them at least you’re guaranteed a good fix.