closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: advice please.... where to buy links for my Rolex bracelet?

advice please.... where to buy links for my Rolex bracelet?

Seeing as Rolex wont sell to me them as it is "illegal" according to their phone operator.... and I don't want to send them my watch as it is precious and sentimental and I don't want to part with it or send it in the post or use a courier.

Anyone got any ideas where I can buy my own and have them fitted by a local watchmaker or even fit them myself as I know what to do and have the correct tools for it.

Bracelet has the number 78350 on the reverse and I reckon I need at least 4 links.

Master
    Drop Haywood Milton a pm.

Master
    This ^^^^^^^^^^if you look on the Miltons website they list them.

https://www.miltonaires.com/product/5527

Steve

Really? Rolex St James will sell you spare links with no problem - I have!

They will even fit them FOC. Did you ask an AD or Rolex service @ ST. James?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post

What do Rolex or an AD currently charge for a 78350 link?

Fitting them FOC is fairly standard.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 15th October 2018 at 21:21.

I can only say for 97200 links it was £65 earlier this year.

I appreciate the links for older references may either be more costly, or even not stocked. That's different to them having them and cloning it's illegal to sell them though!

Master
    Watchfinder have an eBay shop where they sell on the ‘spare’ links they have. About £20 from memory.

78350 links are £65.00 each.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^^^if you look on the Miltons website they list them.

https://www.miltonaires.com/product/5527

Steve
    Thanks for that. I phoned them and they said they do not post under any circumstances. I offered to pay postage, I offered to pay them for the time taken to take the parcel to the post office, they are not interested. The chap on the phone said "strictly speaking we only sell links to our customers who walk in , and in our local area" What strange way to do business in 2019!

They said on the phone that it is "illegal" to send links. Yes that is the actual word the woman on the phone used! :lol:

I asked @ Rolex St James, on the phone. Was like trying to get blood out of a stone getting a straight reply form them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by third time lucky View Post
    Thanks for that. I phoned them and they said they do not post under any circumstances. I offered to pay postage, I offered to pay them for the time taken to take the parcel to the post office, they are not interested. The chap on the phone said "strictly speaking we only sell links to our customers who walk in , and in our local area" What strange way to do business in 2019!
    ....and all exactly as stated on their website.

They choose not to do internet business even for complete watches. Don't need to and don't want the messing, I gather, among other reasons.

You might imagine how frustrating it wold be for them, finding the link someone requested, going to the trouble of sending it out and then the customer says "oh, I said 17mm but actually needed the 19mm" etc. Rolex watches are only a small part of their business and I think they like to keep things simple, allowing them to focus on what they consider more important. Since their terms of supply are clear, it's hard to complain really.

A letter to the boss sometimes elicits an amusing response. Have to hope he doesn't see you posting here with a titty lip on.

Watchfinder on ebay may be a better bet for postal supplies, or toddle into your local AD.

Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 25th January 2019 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

They choose not to do internet business even for complete watches. Don't need to and don't want the messing, I gather, among other reasons.

You might imagine how frustrating it wold be for them, finding the link someone requested, going to the trouble of sending it out and then the customer says "oh, I said 17mm but actually needed the 19mm" etc. Rolex watches are only a small part of their business and I think they like to keep things simple, allowing them to focus on what they consider more important. Since their terms of supply are clear, it's hard to complain really.

A letter to the boss sometimes elicits an amusing response. Have to hope he doesn't see you posting here with a titty lip on.

Watchfinder on ebay may be a better bet for postal supplies.

Fair enough. If you don't need the business and the hassle that comes with it, each to their own. Thanks all the same.

Watchfinder on ebay may be a better bet for postal supplies, or toddle into your local AD.

Brilliant

Master

What does this Mikhail Hailwood chap know anyway.

P.S. Can I return that ceramic Daytona you posted me on approval?
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 25th January 2019 at 18:23. Reason: Snek

Master
    Any Rolex AD can order extra links, and it's especially easy if you have the part number which a bit of time searching the web before you go can help with

Master
    Should be easy : 78350 for 17mm or 19mm version as required, x 4 please.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Should be easy : 78350 for 17mm or 19mm version as required, x 4 please.
    I do admire your patience with OP and sense of fun 😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I do admire your patience with OP and sense of fun 
    Just noticed your location. Whereabouts on Anglesey?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just noticed your location. Whereabouts on Anglesey?
    Benllech

It really is a pain.. I had to fly over to Liverpool to get 5 links, and have a great city break with my family.

They had the audacity to treat me really well and provide an excellent service. The staff are brilliant, I even saved a lot of money.

I’d have no hesitation doing it again if they can source me a 93150 clasp ;-)

I hate it when I can’t complain, but it did rain on the Friday night when I was there.