closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1st NFL game this evening

1st NFL game this evening

Went to see the Seattle Seahawks vs the Oakland Raiders tonight at Wembley with 85,000 other people. It was quite a show. I’m not a massive fan, but my eldest Son is (he plays too). Good job they had big screens and lots of replays. It’s impossible to see what’s going on live especially in the running plays when the action is the other end of the pitch.
    Good result for my lads team, the Seahawks who won 27 - 3.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    My brother in law and his other half went. I don't really understand it, it's like Rugby but even more confusing.

Craftsman
    NFL, it's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen. Never sat through an entire game.
    That's what I would have said 5-10 years ago. Now I'm a fully fledged convert. I love it.
    Every Sunday night is spent ironing my gear for the week and watching Redzone. It's the best sports package on TV. Its outstanding.

I'm in Mexico at the moment so games are at a decent time.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Couldn't get tickets for today's game, so off to see Titans v Chargers next week and can't wait!

Watching it live, I don't see it so much as a game, more an entire show / event.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Couldn't get tickets for today's game, so off to see Titans v Chargers next week and can't wait!

Watching it live, I don't see it so much as a game, more an entire show / event.
    If you watch it as a continuum of strategy, like a game of chess, you might actually start to like the game as well. In football, all the plays are connected. and because it happens with real people, with an oblong ball and an often slippery surface, it doesn't always go as planned... It's a great game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post

I'm a big chargers fan - saw the classic versus New Orleans in one of the first games done at Wembley. Not been for a while and checked ticket pricing...damn it's expensive for decent seats, even gave value. Back then we paid 70 odd quid and those equivalent seats are like 130 ish. I've done the top tier before and it was just ok, a bit high up and removed.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be going to the games anytime soon.

15 seconds of chaos punctuated by several minutes of standing around, and the Yanks have the gall to call football boring.

Maybe I'd get it more if I grew up with it, but then I didn't grow up with baseball and quite like that... even though that's mostly just standing around too but without the chaos. Live and let live I guess, horses for courses and other assorted cliches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    NFL, it's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen. Never sat through an entire game.
    That's what I would have said 5-10 years ago. Now I'm a fully fledged convert. I love it.
    20+ years in the USA and I think I finally understand the rules now. For the longest time I just didn't get it. The similarity to rugby makes it really confusing because in many ways it does kind of look a bit like rugby but in fact its really very different.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    15 seconds of chaos punctuated by several minutes of standing around, and the Yanks have the gall to call football boring.
    Yup, i've never understood thinking football is boring when a NFL game can take four hours. Its a strange sport certainly but I've grown to enjoy it. Once you get into the fact that its a series of choreographed set pieces rather than a game that flows I think it helps.

And the entire season is only twenty games. Starts in September and is over by the end of January. For such a large country there's remarkably few teams (26?) and there's no lesser leagues (College Football is like division2) and no relegation of losers so its the same teams year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Yup, i've never understood thinking football is boring
    Off on a tangent, Wayne Rooney has been brilliant for DC United.

https://youtu.be/dBSrKMfz33w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Yup, i've never understood thinking football is boring when a NFL game can take four hours. Its a strange sport certainly but I've grown to enjoy it. Once you get into the fact that its a series of choreographed set pieces rather than a game that flows I think it helps.

And the entire season is only twenty games. Starts in September and is over by the end of January. For such a large country there's remarkably few teams (26?) and there's no lesser leagues (College Football is like division2) and no relegation of losers so its the same teams year after year.

NFL is great but NCAA is even better!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Some friends of mine who live in Seattle and are massive Seahawks fans actually flew over to go to this game, they were very pleased then Won. They've been exploring London as well