closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: F1 hungary gp anyone been?

F1 hungary gp anyone been?

Toying with going with the family,anyone been,any tips on travel/accommodation and where to view are welcome

Hot, hot, hot and bugger all shade unless you shell out big bucks. Spa might be a better bet.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Have been a couple of times in the past. It's not always the most exciting GP, but the fact that you can stay in Budapest kind of makes up for it.

From wat I remember they run a free shuttlebus from the city out to the track, but the only time I did it it was an absolute nightmare, massively overcrowded, incredibly hot and not exactly well marshalled (every man for himself to get on). After that we just booked private tansfers out to the track, they get to use the dedicated traffic lanes, so it cuts out the traffic and you arrive in air conditioned luxury (relatively) - definitely worth it if there's a small group of you to split the cost.

At the track your dining options were a bit limited to sausages and bread (but they are tasty), but you can take food in (but not beer if I remember). No shade aside from main grandstand, but I would definitely spring for tickets in there if you can as the track action at the Hungaroring can be a bit stale with limited over taking - being opposite the pit means you get all the action right through the day. The 3 times I've been it has been ridiculously hot, like 40deg, so the shade of the mainstand was very welcome.

If I think of anything else I'll add it in

Journeyman
    I've been and really enjoyed it, we stayed a few extra days and explored Budapest which is a fantastic city. I'd certainly recommend staying in town and using the shuttle bus (it's not bad on the Friday and Saturday) or taxis which are cheap!

Lack of shelter at the track can be an issue but we survived in the grandstand at the end of the start finish straight, it was a good place to watch from.

Food and drink at the track are good and much cheaper than other races I've been to.

Spa is good if you like rain and wasps, it had lots of both when I went.

Never been. But unless they've reworked it, isn't the Hungaroring where it's almost impossible to overtake?
    If so, not really condusive to motor racing.