closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jamie Whitham

Master

Jamie Whitham

Just watched the BSB Championship races at a very wet Brands Hatch and I was pleased to see and hear Jamie Whitham commentating again.

I remember back when the TT was on that people on here said his cancer had returned so its great to see that he must have beaten it..

Also - chapeau to all the riders today, even the back markers.. Takes an awful lot of skill & nerve to go out and race in those conditions..

Journeyman
    Yes, very glad to see he's still around
    I also heard the cancer had returned. I hope he continues to fight and beat what is a terrible illness.

I remember him, Foggy and others at a local charity event. Jamie seemed a really decent, nice approachable chap.
    Jamie played the drums with his band, I think they were called the Po Boys.
    Drink was involved but to my ears they didn't sound too bad

Whit is old school. Great riders back then. Always does a good chat show thing at the NEC show next month.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    Just watched the BSB Championship races at a very wet Brands Hatch and I was pleased to see and hear Jamie Whitham commentating again.

I remember back when the TT was on that people on here said his cancer had returned so its great to see that he must have beaten it..

Also - chapeau to all the riders today, even the back markers.. Takes an awful lot of skill & nerve to go out and race in those conditions..
    Great to see Jamie back in action..... as for the riders, did you see the young lad that me and a mate help out? Joe Francis..
    My mate Ash pays for a few of his track days, and a few years ago I built his track day bike..

He was so unlucky to drop it whilst in the points. Watch out for him next year. He’s the real deal. And a cracking young lad from a great family... he’s not even 21 yet, and has managed to get a 2 year deal on the BMW.. everyone is so pleased for him, cos it’s not been a good season with his MV ride going south.

Last edited by Enoch; 15th October 2018 at 18:25.

Craftsman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtDYxUf0aEo

Poor footage but he is drumming in a mates band,
    The Po boys.

Master
    [QUOTE=Enoch;4912562]Great to see Jamie back in action..... as for the riders, did you see the young lad that me and a mate help out? Joe Francis..
    My mate Ash pays for a few of his track days, and a few years ago I built his track day bike..

He was so unlucky to drop it whilst in the points. Watch out for him next year. He’s the real deal. And a cracking young lad from a great family... he’s not even 21 yet, and has managed to get a 2 year deal on the BMW.. everyone is so pleased for him, cos it’s not been a good season with his MV ride going south.

I think Jamie had a few words with him on the grid ? yes, amazing talent (like a lot of them though to be fair), I hope he does well in his new team..