closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Unusual MTG just in.

Unusual MTG just in.

Here is a watch that I had been on the lookout for for some time. and which I finally acquired recently. I have a huge number of watches so I like to wait until I can get one at a really good price, it kind of comforts me that I can always at least recoup the price down the line if I decide to sell.

It is the MTG-1100B-1AJF and was produced in 2009 in limited numbers. It is a Japan made watch and retailed for about £500 when issued.

I really like the design of the watch the red highlights really stand out against the black dial. The dial itself is a really interesting 3D multi-layered thing. The dials etc are set in different levels and it also has a nice honeycomb effect for the main plate.

The watch features a 24hr dial, also a dial which shows the time for another world city, it has a stopwatch mode with split time functionality, a world time mode for 29 cities and a daily alarm. It is atomic and solar and features automatic hourly hand alignment as well as the ability to adjust them manually if needs be. You can swap your world time city with your home city at a push of a button a useful feature for travellers.

The MTG’s are mainly stainless steel but with some resin elements for extra protection. This one has a resin ring over the SS bezel to prevent scratches and with the all black look it blends in really well. Casio have been pushing the MTG’s up the price scale fro some time now and they are very well made watches with a quality feel.
    I was really lucky with this watch as it is BNIB and came with the Japanese manual, there can’t be many left that are in this unused condition. I got it for a fantastic price as well much less than well used examples I have seen

The lume is ok but not up to Seiko standard.

The watch wears well and is on the smaller side for a G Shock, it is 47 mm wide but only 46.9 mm tall, which is the key figure.

Some wrist shots.

Any thoughts about this one?

Mitch

I really like that for some reason, not generally a fan of G-Shock's

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern971 View Post
    I really like that for some reason, not generally a fan of G-Shock's

p[/URL]

I think it is the popping red contrasts against the generally all black look that draws the eye.

Mitch

Not a lot of interest in this one, personally I think it is quite striking.

Here is the caseback.

Mitch

I like it a lot - as you mentioned it is very striking.

I actually remember seeing this when holidaying in Japan in 2009 - back in the day limiteds being a different animal. It was my first exposure to high end Gs, I remember the facination with MR-Gs especially. But this isn't bad looking at all. How was the stigma back then with MR-Gs, something I never looked into much.

Overall good hunting! Via eBay?