closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SubD/ND price parity!

Craftsman

SubD/ND price parity!

There used to be a significant difference between sub date and non-date models which now seems to have disappeared?!

Guessing this is caused by the lack of either in the ceramic, however I can’t really see why this would’ve caused the price gap to tighten between the older models which are plentiful?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I still think the date sub commands more money than the nd

Master
    For vintage, a few years ago, it was the reverse. Generally you could pick up a 1680 a bit cheaper than the 5513. And that despite the 1680 was COSC.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I still think the date sub commands more money than the nd
    Very roughly for the non ceramics...... there seems to be a price difference of about 500 quid.

Craftsman
    Was wondering the same about 16700 and 16710 GMTs

Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    Was wondering the same about 16700 and 16710 GMTs

The 16710 was more expensive when new. It also has more functionality. However the 16700 was sold in lower numbers, for a shorter period of time and hence is rarer. Plus its viewed by many as being the last of the true Pepsi.

As for pricing these days pretty much the same.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    The price of pre owned or older Rolex is usually based on rarity. So watches that did not sell well many years ago tend to be expensive today.

I was once told by an AD that Sub Dates sold at a ratio of 4:1 compared to non dates. Therefore if there are less non dates about, expect the price to be higher, even higher than more expensive good selling models of the time.

Master
    Im in general agreement with the op, if you look on Watchfinder nD subs are similar prices to their date counterparts. When I purchased my 14060m it was £4250 nd £5400 date. This £1000 seems to have been eroded.

Craftsman
    Yea used to be £1k different give or take... today zip! I get the point on how the well or otherwise each model sold for but I find it strange that there’s been as much of a shift as there has been over the last couple of months!

Craftsman
    Yes, it seems that the scarcity of both models has led to the prices meeting. Obviously a lot of Sub buyers aren't as particular / bothered as some of us as long as they can get one!