closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London Indie

London Indie

Hi folks!
    Quick plea for help. Would anybody know any watchmakers in London who would swap out a Rolex crystal for me? I sourced my own Rolex sapphire crystal and was hoping to find someone willing to swap it out for me. The watchmakers in Dublin are asking an arm and 4 legs just to do the swap. Since I’m heading to London soon thought I’d ask here. ( they wanted 100 pounds ++ to do the swap)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If you’re in the staying in the centre try Russell Talerman or Steven Hale, they may be able to replace and test the crystal in an afternoon if you give them advance notice. With central London overheads I wouldn’t expect either to be cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    If you’re in the staying in the centre try Russell Talerman or Steven Hale, they may be able to replace and test the crystal in an afternoon if you give them advance notice. With central London overheads I wouldn’t expect either to be cheap though.

Ah thanks ! Yeah I figured London might not be the cheapest of places but compared to the rip off monopoly in Dublin I’d rather try elsewhere.

Craftsman

London Indie

Unfortunately Dublin just doesn’t have the collectors, or the watch wearers, to support many watchmakers so I understand that the few that are there need to charge those rates just to stay in business. Have you tried Kish Jewellers in the Powerscourt Centre? Have always found them helpful and knowledgeable whenever I’ve enquired about some of their vintage pieces and they have a watchmaker onsite.

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Unfortunately Dublin just doesn’t have the collectors, or the watch wearers, to support many watchmakers so I understand that the few that are there need to charge those rates just to stay in business. Have you tried Kish Jewellers in the Powerscourt Centre? Have always found them helpful and knowledgeable whenever I’ve enquired about some of their vintage pieces and they have a watchmaker onsite.

I have ! Unfortunately they only deal with parts sourced by themselves. Thanks anyway! If you know of any other watchmakers in and around the city do give me a shout :)