closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grand Seiko in New York City

Hybrid View

Craftsman

Grand Seiko in New York City

I'm going to be in Manhattan for a few days next week and am interested in buying a GS. Looking at the Seiko USA website, most watches are about 20-25% cheaper than here in Ireland, so it's an attractive place to buy.

For those more knowledgeable than me - are there many GS ADs in NYC? The Seiko store locator isn't terribly helpful, and the only one I can see online is the Seiko Boutique on Madditon Ave.

Are there any discounts to be had on new Grand Seikos? If so, how much?

I would happily buy a good quality pre-owned, any one know of any jewellers in NYC that may have stock?

Cheers:)

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    I'm going to be in Manhattan for a few days next week and am interested in buying a GS. Looking at the Seiko USA website, most watches are about 20-25% cheaper than here in Ireland, so it's an attractive place to buy.

For those more knowledgeable than me - are there many GS ADs in NYC? The Seiko store locator isn't terribly helpful, and the only one I can see online is the Seiko Boutique on Madditon Ave.

Are there any discounts to be had on new Grand Seikos? If so, how much?

I would happily buy a good quality pre-owned, any one know of any jewellers in NYC that may have stock?

Cheers:)
    There s a few that sale on TZ. That's probably you're best bet...

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

I happened to be visiting NYC last weekend and went to the boutique on Madison Ave. It’s the only Seiko store that I know of in the area that stocks Grand Seiko and they had a good selection including a snowflake and some of their GMT variants. The SBGR261 they had on display was my personal favourite.

The small store is well worth a visit and sits in between the Rolex boutique and a Tourneau branch, so you’ll be able to compare with other watches. In terms of discounts, I didn’t get as far as asking as I’m not yet in the market for a GS but there’s certainly no harm in asking if you find a piece that’s right for you. As a Brit living in the US, I’ve found that bartering is expected by retailers here versus in the UK.

Enjoy your visit!

Bear in mind that, at least in principle, you will have to pay VAT if you bring it back.