closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Battery change in Birmingham city centre...?

Breitling Battery change in Birmingham city centre...?

Hi all,
    I work in Brum and need a battery change on my Aerospace Evo asap so prefer not to send away. (It needs to go up for sale to balance the books due to new incoming).
    No service required, just a battery.
    A quick Google reveals that there's places in Debenham's and House of Fraser (Intime?) plus a 'Watch Lab' in the Bullring.
    There's obviously Watches of Switzerland but not sure if they do a battery change in store? I might pop in and ask.
    I've also read about Roy Hancock's out in the Jewellery Quarter but that a bit of a stretch for a lunchtime stroll.

Anyone used the above recently or have any other recommendations please?
    Thanks.

Master

Breitling Battery change in Birmingham city centre...?

I use Michael allen in Sutton Coldfield.
    Jewellery quarter as mentioned is the closest to city I know to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Your issue is the pressure testing after the change and if necessary any gasket replacement. The first 2 you mention are Timpsons type places and I wouldn't trust them with something like that personally. Roy has the kit to do it properly but he isn't perfect. I won't go into details on open forum but suffice it to say, ask for printed proof that a pressure test has been passed from whoever you use. If you do want to go to Hancocks, get the 5 min tram or train ride to Jewellery Quarter station and it is a 3 min walk from there.

My choice in your situation would be to send it away to someone I really trust. Either of the Duncans, Simon Freese or Swiss Time Services spring to mind, or perhaps Brendan if he does these. STS would charge £115 for a battery change and reseal which doesn't sound cheap but they can get the right seals etc. All Breitling servicing is eye wateringly expensive, they make Rolex and Omega look cheap.

If I were buying your watch, I would want to see proof of the pressure test.
    Last edited by Padders; 13th October 2018 at 09:54.

£145 for battery change and pressure test by Breitling last time I had it done

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    £145 for battery change and pressure test by Breitling last time I had it done
    Exactly, and the actual battery costs about 75p. Like I say they aren't cheap to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Exactly, and the actual battery costs about 75p. Like I say they aren't cheap to run.
    Yes - Breitling can charge like a wounded buffalo, but I think to sell the watch in the near future........ a battery replacement and pressure test/check at BUK - goes a long way to price and sellability?

I would have mine done at Breitling, its costly yeah but peace of mind is more important to me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Send it to Breitling a jewellery quarter idiot didn’t put the seals on properly in mine

Ended up with a complete rebuild of my B1

Cost £1500