closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Fountain Pen advice

Master

Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Fountain Pen advice

I've been collecting for as long as I can remember and I've got about £150 of Clubcard vouchers. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can spend them.

I can transfer this to circa £450 in Goldsmiths vouchers and was thinking of the following.

I know we've got some experts on pens so what do you think? Also if anyone has any other good ideas on how to use them I'd be interested

Thanks

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Montblan...en/p/38640414/

We exclusively use ours for Zizzi, Pizza Express etc. Kids love it.

4x value on a Saturday night is great, especially when there are no discounts around on the weekend if you are paying by cash.

What would easily be a £80-100 evening ends up somewhere around £30 when using CC vouchers.

If any are due to expire soon, buy a £2.50 restaurant voucher (£10 value) and the change gets credited in your next statement, thereby extending the vouchers another 2 years. Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of Montblanc and there are plenty of better pens than the one you've linked for less money. I'd be inclined to buy a watch and trade it against a pen(s) on SC. There's been a fountain pen thread running in G&D for a couple of years - it would be worth having a look through there for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I've been collecting for as long as I can remember and I've got about £150 of Clubcard vouchers. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can spend them.

I can transfer this to circa £450 in Goldsmiths vouchers and was thinking of the following.

I know we've got some experts on pens so what do you think? Also if anyone has any other good ideas on how to use them I'd be interested

Thanks

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Montblan...en/p/38640414/
    I would go for the Montblanc Fountain pen( its a lovely thing to use and basically free) . You cant buy them discounted other than dutyfree at the airport. You wont get much watch for £450 at Goldsmiths and these restaurants that do 4x are a fall economy as one can always get offers/deals at these places

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    restaurants that do 4x are a fall economy as one can always get offers/deals at these places
    Offers/deals are rarely available on a Saturday night when I want to take the family out, so definitely not a false economy.

Granted that on a Tues/We’d you can always find deals, but I’d never be foolish to use CC restaurant vouchers on weekdays. That is a false economy.

Master
    I looked at watches but £450 gets you nothing if you pay full rrp. I thought about a g shock but they're really expensive full price!

I'm lucky to have a student card through work so that sorts me out with regards pizza express. Due to a 3 and 5 year old I can't remember the last time we were lucky enough to go out on a Saturday!

A trick is to just phone up and ask for vouchers to be renewed if they're about to expire. Apparently they're on the system for 6 months after their expiry date ( but you do need to ask to be renewed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    How did I not know this existed?! I'm going to have to have a look at how many points I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Well, you can see I’m not fast!

I finally exchanged my points and got this. It’s lovely but I don’t think I’d ever have bought it full price.

I’m of getting a fineliner. Does anyone know if there are any discounts to be had online. Is there a pen equivalent of grey dealers?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Well, you can see I’m not fast!

Very nice, I like the LPP range a lot. I used a Starwalker rollerball and also own a Starwalker fountain pen which has only ever been used to sign one cheque which seems a bit of a waste but most of my work is electronic.

If you buy a Railcard (gives 30% discount) you can double the value of Tesco clubcard to pay for it. It's changing to triple in a few weeks time. I bought a Senior Railcard a few weeks ago using them., so £15 for the year, which I'll easily recoup.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Ahhh...good old Tesco Clubcard vouchers, I "bought" my Explorer 214270 from Goldsmiths using them - those were the days!

Don't get over excited about Goldsmiths.

Vouchers can be used as full or part payment against any full-priced item from the entire range of Goldsmiths product (excluding Rolex, Tudor, Omega, Zenith, IWC, Cartier, Pre-owned watches & All Connected watches.) and towards repairs.