closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dive watches in the wild

Master

Dive watches in the wild

As the miserable wet/grey weather is closing in it would be nice to have a look at some warm and sunny places...

here spot my Doxa SUB 300T in the 'wild' (

https://youtu.be/FRT_yY69uvw

(feel free to hit the like or dislike button)

So c'mon guys...show us some cool pictures or videos to brighten up the week

Nice video. Personally I always wear my computer on my right wrist and my watch on the left. That way I can easily view my computer when on a safety stop as I hold my hose up in my left hand

Also I will always have a back up if a shark takes an arm off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega Seamaster GMT at 500M.....

Blog Entries
    Not quite wild... but here's my (ex) Dreadnought Voyager on a beach...

Didn't get wet

.. & Hulk on a different beach

Did get wet

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Not quite wild... but here's my (ex) Dreadnought Voyager on a beach......

z

You ought to be careful taking watches like that near sand and salt water .......

..... ;-)

F.T.F.A.

Deep undercover mission in the Bay of Naples.

The TakeTime watch on a boat in the middle of the Zambezi. Didn’t get it wet as the crocs and hippos tend to get upset if you enter their world.

Craftsman
    My dive computer on one wrist, my dive watch on the other. Most likely the Citizen BN0000-04h as it appears to be on a black strap. The Orange Monster is of course on an orange nato.

Dave

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

The TakeTime watch again, in the Galápagos.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That is a cracking shot!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post

That's a hell of a cool picture Mike.

Can't get any more "wild" than that.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Deep undercover mission in the Bay of Naples.

That came up and I thought, that looks just like the Baia castle! Then I saw 'Bay of Naples', so I suspect it is!

Not MUCH deeper than a bath there though (although a great dive)!

M

Autozilla 1000M in the Red Sea somewhere.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    That came up and I thought, that looks just like the Baia castle! Then I saw 'Bay of Naples', so I suspect it is!

Not MUCH deeper than a bath there though (although a great dive)!

M
    I’d love to dive properly, only scuba dived once but enjoy snorkelling. This was off a hotel ‘spiaggia’ but still a couple of metres down.

Any recommendations for a beginners dive school near Naples?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    My dive computer on one wrist, my dive watch on the other. Most likely the Citizen BN0000-04h as it appears to be on a black strap. The Orange Monster is of course on an orange nato.

Dave
    Stoney Cove?

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I’d love to dive properly, only scuba dived once but enjoy snorkelling. This was off a hotel ‘spiaggia’ but still a couple of metres down.

Any recommendations for a beginners dive school near Naples?
    Not really, I went diving with Centro Sub Campi Flegrei, who do training, but I just did a couple of dives with them on the sunken villas and port at Baia.

It's all very shallow there (snorkelers can see most of it from a few metres above), but amazing diving as you're exploring a Roman town that's been submerged - I'd like to go back sometime as there's a really big mosaic that I didn't get a chance to see the day we went.

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Not really, I went diving with Centro Sub Campi Flegrei, who do training, but I just did a couple of dives with them on the sunken villas and port at Baia.

It's all very shallow there (snorkelers can see most of it from a few metres above), but amazing diving as you're exploring a Roman town that's been submerged - I'd like to go back sometime as there's a really big mosaic that I didn't get a chance to see the day we went.

M
    Cheers. I’d love to see that, even with a snorkel.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Stoney Cove?
    Yep, can’t mistake that green ;)

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post

That's an incredible picture, Mike. Just until recently again, I hadn't been back to the Forum in quite a long time, but I still remember how disadvantaged I once felt trying to debate the fine points of one particular gas dive watch versus another WITH A REAL GAS DIVER, NO LESS ------ it was genuinely cheating when you won that one, you know, and I've always held it against you #:>(

Just kidding on that, of course, but could you please tell the background on this shot, it looks like it could be tough, and perhaps more than somewhat dangerous duty at times

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    The TakeTime watch again, in the Galápagos.

This is an incredible shot as well, Mr Curta, and I'd never realized just how gracefully sleek seals can appear deeper in their element than the plump, floppy, cute puppy-like appearance they can have lounging on the beach. That seal also almost seems to be looking out the side of its head right at you (or your shiny SRP779 maybe). It also doesn't seem to be afraid of you at all, but more like a friendly dog over to say hello and check you out

Please give some of the background on your picture if you don't mind, as it is a very interesting one and sparks the curiosity as to just how it occurred to set up that way

>>>-------> I have to also add that each and every picture shown in this entire thread so far has been a pleasure to happen upon --- thanks to all for showing
    Last edited by Rollon; 29th September 2018 at 04:20. Reason: Double tapped the "Submit Reply" button and somehow doubled the content of the post (?) --- Corrected it

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Just kidding on that, of course, but could you please tell the background on this shot, it looks like it could be tough, and perhaps more than somewhat dangerous duty at times
    Not too tough or dangerous mate, just the job, I would be more scared in an office with shirt and tie!!!!
    the job there is part of a new pipeline installation, once all pipeline is laid and connecting spools are in they will send pigs through the line with water pressure, in the picture is the "pig"launcher we have just connected the pumping hose to.

mike

This is an incredible shot as well, Mr Curta, and I'd never realized just how gracefully sleek seals can appear deeper in their element than the plump, floppy, cute puppy-like appearance they can have lounging on the beach. That seal also almost seems to be looking out the side of its head right at you (or your shiny SRP779 maybe). It also doesn't seem to be afraid of you at all, but more like a friendly dog over to say hello and check you out

Please give some of the background on your picture if you don't mind, as it is a very interesting one and sparks the curiosity as to just how it occurred to set up that way
    Cheers, the full story of this special watch is here, it is worth taking the time to read it. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...keTime-Project

In the summer we treated ourselves to a cruise amongst the Galápagos Islands as our final South American family holiday before starting to relocate. This included activities such as kayaking in a flooded caldera, hiking on solidified lava flows, climbing a volcano, loads of wildlife spotting and a lot of snorkelling. I was privileged to be able to have the TakeTime watch with is for the trip.

The first time that I dropped into the water along with our two daughters just off the coast of Santa Cruz, we were immediately joined by a playful sea lion. Although advised not to approach wildlife too closely there is nothing at all to stop the wildlife from approaching you. It swooped and looped amongst us for around 40 minutes, occasionally actually brushing alongside us and appearing to be as interested in us as we were in it.

The afternoon light made it fairly easy to take a few snaps with the trusty GoPro, that one was very pleasing.

Master
    Currently in Curacao, makes a difference not having to wear dry suit and heated vest...

Prs18 is picking up a few battle scars.

Water temperature today 29.2 C

Yes - me snorkeling with #2 son
    No - not my boat

Feel a beach Sunday coming on

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    You ought to be careful taking watches like that near sand and salt water .......

..... ;-)

Oops.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Oops.

R

You rotter! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

200m WR but not technically a dive watch

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Oops.

R
    Careful fish could get it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That's an incredible picture, Mike. Just until recently again, I hadn't been back to the Forum in quite a long time, but I still remember how disadvantaged I once felt trying to debate the fine points of one particular gas dive watch versus another WITH A REAL GAS DIVER, NO LESS ------ it was genuinely cheating when you won that one, you know, and I've always held it against you #:>(

Pretty cool shot

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app