timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any BMW technicians on the forum?

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Durham, tyne and wear
    Posts
    1,013
    Blog Entries
    1

    Any BMW technicians on the forum?

    I just need to find out if my BMW qualifies for this re-call:

    https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/08/08/b...ves-in-the-eu/

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    4,022
    Have you rung a BMW dealer and asked them ? I expect they'd know..

  3. #3
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    'aggregate.
    Posts
    33,638
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    I just need to find out if my BMW qualifies for this re-call:

    https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/08/08/b...ves-in-the-eu/

    Thanks.
    Might help if you mention which model, year and engine size?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Durham, tyne and wear
    Posts
    1,013
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Might help if you mention which model, year and engine size?
    It's an Alpina D5 (f10) 3ltr MY2012

    My BMW local dealers aren't the most honest people in the business so just trying to get my facts right before i approach them

  5. #5
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    'aggregate.
    Posts
    33,638
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    It's an Alpina D5 (f10) 3ltr MY2012

    My BMW local dealers aren't the most honest people in the business so just trying to get my facts right before i approach them
    Difficult one - we have an X4 3.0d - in the process of asking the dealer next week.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  6. #6
    Grand Master GraniteQuarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    24,426
    You tried this gov site, no idea how accurate it is.

    https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

  7. #7
    Master Mark020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    2,239
    I think if you mail BMW UK with your VIN they will tell you.

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,318
    My 125d had this work done about 6 months ago, they were rather cagey about what needed doing and why. I can't remember if they called me in specially or did it as part of a routine service

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    I think if you mail BMW UK with your VIN they will tell you.
    This is what I did,they will also tell you if itís missed any recalls


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    297
    Alpina is Sytner only when supplied new,ring any branch and they will inform.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •