closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now the yellow

And now the yellow

The camera picked up the sunburst dial quite well in the third picture.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Love that, I thought I'd be in for an orange one but now I'm not so sure.

Pretty excited by this release.

This ^^^

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Definitely yellow for me.

Now I just need someone to win one in the infamous TF 2-minute Sunday lottery, then sell it to me.

Yeah I'm not optimistic about getting one, or looking forward to the panicked trying.

Same here, love both the orange and the yellow but cannot be bothered getting into a scrap on a Sunday afternoon to get one with the inevitable disappointment of missing out to those with faster fingers.

Could always keep an eye on e-bay I suppose, plenty of stuff heads that way and the two minute window is only fuelling the fire.

T’is a pretty little thing.

Master
    Did the yellow with blue bezel make the cut?

Another one here who was convinced the orange would be the one for me. Then I see this! Blooming lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice but i prefer the one with blue bezel

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Looks great, love the sunburst yellow dial also the new crown shape suits the watch head perfectly, I think this style of crown would look excellent on the Everest models, especially the PRS-25.

Craftsman
    After looking at the three colourways, I think that all look better with a black bezel and not color matched, the yellow dial is exceptionally striking in my opinion.

Loving the all yellow.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    After looking at the three colourways, I think that all look better with a black bezel and not color matched, the yellow dial is exceptionally striking in my opinion.
    I will disagree, the one that (for me) always spoils yellow/orange dial watches is they are with a black bezel, so much better colour matched (or even with steel bezels), so much more versatile.
    Last edited by VinceR; 18th August 2021 at 12:05.
    /vince ..

Agreed, colour match has it every time for me, anything else looks like the maker couldn't be bothered to match dial to bezel at all, or has assmbled the watch from the parts bin.
    For me, that is also true of the yellow-blue combo (don't like it), but I note that several others seem to like it, and it means they will not be queuing up for the all-yellow that I want.

Journeyman
    I got one. Happy days for me.

Yes! Rolex fans can keep their Hulks and Batmans, I’ve got The Watford ordered!

Likewise.

I've wanted a Caribbean for years but the vintage ones have got too expensive and seem a minefield, this is the closest to a 'grail' I've ever had. I was ready to pay £700 or more so the pricing was a nice surprise.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Could not decide on the yellow or the orange. Was going to get both, decide, and offer the other to the forum. Thankfully, Eddie made the process easier by limiting the maximum you were allowed to order as a single item irrespective of colour. Yellow it is then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    It's interesting how the all-yellow has sold out already and yet I recall that the PRS-3LE yellows hung around for a long time before the last one sold.

Master
    I was very tempted by the yellow one. But I opted for the blue, which is my favourite colour for divers.

I managed to snag a blue one. Been excited about these since Eddie first posted the teaser and prototype designs.

Had an original O&W variant in an unusual grey a few years back and always wanted another and this appears to be a faithful reproduction of the style!

Looking forward to seeing it in the metal!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    It's interesting how the all-yellow has sold out already and yet I recall that the PRS-3LE yellows hung around for a long time before the last one sold.
    I have a sorry feeling that "speculation" has much to answer for.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I was at a wake for my uncle so unable to buy yesterday.
    Not sure I would have been fast enough to get one of only 60 (if that's the number of the yellow variant) anyhow.
    Shame, I would love to be buying TF products, but it seems I am destined not to.

Different watches, different times.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I was at a wake for my uncle so unable to buy yesterday.
    Not sure I would have been fast enough to get one of only 60 (if that's the number of the yellow variant) anyhow.
    Shame, I would love to be buying TF products, but it seems I am destined not to.
    I couldn’t agree more. As much as I’d like to pick up a couple of pieces from Eddie, the quick draw buying process will relegate me to buying secondhand.

If you've got an account with time factors saving having to add your address details and have your credit card saved to your device it's not that hard to buy assuming you're online at 2.

Sweets, I've got a yellow one coming, I'll get in touch if I don't bond... I'm slightly concerned at the thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    If you've got an account with time factors saving having to add your address details and have your credit card saved to your device it's not that hard to buy assuming you're online at 2.

Sweets, I've got a yellow one coming, I'll get in touch if I don't bond... I'm slightly concerned at the thickness.
    I had both of these in place, but sadly the 'add to cart' option just didn't appear until around 14:03 and by then it was too late. I was using Firefox, maybe next time I'll try Edge.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post

This is what I did. I was at a friends bbq and had been drinking for a good few hours so not as swift as I could have been

Managed to get an orange though

Cheers, Shaun

Master
    Pleased to have my orders processed so looking forward to my first Timefactors delivery. Thanks Eddie.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I had both of these in place, but sadly the 'add to cart' option just didn't appear until around 14:03 and by then it was too late. I was using Firefox, maybe next time I'll try Edge.
    I don't think your browser will make a difference. I was on Edge and the very same thing happened to me.

For reference, here is what I experienced:
    (1) I wanted to buy two watches (yellow/blue Caribbean and PRS-25EXP) and had opened both their pages in separate tabs in my browser before 14:00.
    (2) At 14:00 I refreshed both pages and the 'Add to Order' button (I think that's the name of it on Eddie's site) became visible on the PRS-25EXP page so I went ahead and clicked it.
    (3) To my surprise I noticed that the 'Add to Order' button had not become visible on the Caribbean. I quickly checked on some other watches that were in stock (e.g. PRS-37 Seafire) and these did not have 'Add to Order' buttons either.
    (4) I decided to checkout with the PRS-25EXP alone and just before checking out I refreshed the Caribbean page and the 'Add to Order' button had finally appeared. I clicked it.
    (5) But when I got to the checkout for both watches (1 or 2 seconds later), the yellow/blue Caribbean that I had been able to add to my order was no longer in stock. I proceeded with the PRS-25EXP alone.

I think I was lucky to get a PRS-25EXP as that went out of stock too at some point after my order was checked out.

So it's unlikely that your web browser would have made any a difference.

In that case what does make a difference? Why were some people apparently able to order before others?

Here are some possible reasons for these differences:
    (1) Possible congestion control in Shopify. In other words, the server software may intentionally throttle access. If this is the case then there's no way round it. You are either lucky or you are not.
    (2) Your ISP's hop distance to Shopify's server. If your ISP peers[1] with Shopify then this may give you a speed advantage over people who are on ISPs that do not directly peer with Shopify.
    (3) ISP cacheing. A lot of ISPs transparently cache web access. Why? Again, to reduce load on their peering or transit connections. If your ISP is transparently cacheing then this could explain why pages seemed to take longer to update for you than for some other people.
    (4) Are you on an IPv6 connection? This one is grasping at straws a bit but it is possible that an end-to-end IPv6 connection might get faster connectivity to Shopify's server than an IPv4 connection. All mobile phone data connections are IPv6 but most DSL broadband connections are still on IPv4 (although a few have IPv6 available to them).

For what it's worth, I was connecting from a desktop PC via an IPv4 VDSL (FTTC) broadband connection.

One thing that I foolishly did not try when I was experiencing the delay was a Ctrl-F5 in my browser to force a refresh despite any local browser cacheing. Maybe this would have helped, maybe not.

Another approach might be to clear one's browser cache and NOT visit the product pages at all until after 14:00. That way one should guarantee getting a fresh copy of whatever the page is showing at that time and also reduce the likelihood of any ISP cacheing of the page.

Sacrificing animals to the deity of your choice may also be effective.

Footnote:-
    1: Peering is where eyes networks (that is ISPs) connect directly to content-provider networks (e.g. Shopify in this case, or Youtube, or Netflix, etc.). This is done at an 'Internet exchange' such as Linx. The point of peering is to reduce load on the ISP's and content-provider's backbone transit connection(s). It also reduces latency and (somewhat) improves access speed overall.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 30th August 2021 at 23:42.

For what it's worth, I didn't see the add to cart button immediately in Firefox of Edge but I did see it in Chrome. Who knows why?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The add to cart didn’t appear for me until 14:02. Knowing Eddie he most probably have given the go ahead at 14:00 exactly so some catch up or lagging to take into account.

I did want to pick up a strap as well but just couldn’t risk the extra few seconds involved

Cheers, Shaun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    For what it's worth, I didn't see the add to cart button immediately in Firefox of Edge but I did see it in Chrome. Who knows why?
    That's interesting. In that case I should definitely have tried a Ctrl-F5 to force a cache refresh in my browser.

I was on Edge
    You're not the only one.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    You're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    You're not the only one.
    Very good.

Can’t wait for the first owner photos to be posted of these, wonder if anyone’s got one yet?

T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Can’t wait for the first owner photos to be posted of these, wonder if anyone’s got one yet?

T.G.
    Me too.. excited to see these. A video review would be great.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Me too.. excited to see these. A video review would be great.
    Tim @ caseback said on instagram they'd be a review up this week, think he had the black dial

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Tim @ caseback said on instagram they'd be a review up this week, think he had the black dial
    Ah cool good stuff, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post

T.G.
    Just arrived … apologies for the poor iPhone photos but wanted to share the initial excitement

That looks fantastic, the blue would definitely be my choice. Love the orange box too!

T.G.

And the obligatory wrist shot ..

First impressions are very good. Looks fantastic and finishing is spot on. It’s certainly worthy of wearing the Caribbean 1000 tag and very faithful to the original.

Off the bat it appears that Eddie has done a stunning job on this one, certainly well worth the wait!

Last edited by clemenry; 2nd September 2021 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by clemenry View Post
    And the obligatory wrist shot ..
    It's a gorgeous shade of blue!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    It’s lovely, nice and subtle. Very nice looking watch.

T.G.

Very impressed. And the blue wasn't even on my list.

Blue does look lovely.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Would that be "slate blue"?

Crikey Eddie doesn't hang about!!!!!He's got these out quick I cannot wait for Mine well done Mr Platts.