closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moto GP 2019

Hybrid View

MotoGP 2019

The 2018 season has yet to finish, but there is news for 2019. Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP

Last week, current FIM CEV Repsol Moto3™ Junior World Championship rider Tom Booth-Amos and the CIP – Green Power team finalised their partnership for the 2019 Moto3™ season.

Alain Bronec, CIP – Green Power Team Manager: “I am glad that Tom will be our rider next year. He is young and talented and coaching young riders at the beginning of their professional career in motorbike is our expertise. I’m sure that 2019 will be an exciting season for Tom and us.”

Last edited by PickleB; 7th January 2019 at 13:29. Reason: amend 'Moto GP' to 'MotoGP' in title

Master
    Good news... and with Jake Dixon off to Moto 2. We’ll have a few more Brits to shout for..

Hi folks I'm sorry been absent for while but as work often means missing races still catching up so keep off social media forums etc till watched.

Total Disaster this morning ....new sky box i forgot to change settings when got it & on eco mode its turned itself off!!!
    So if anyone could copy FP1 & 2 Japan to dvd discs (i can replace/pay by return) feel free to PM me ...
    not been a good start to the day...i have every practice/race recorded until now....damn

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

New QP rules for Moto2 & Moto3 (pdf):

After discussion with teams and reviewing the current situation in Moto3, with many riders waiting and riding slowly and considering the experience in Moto2 at various races where the fastest times have been set at the beginning of the Qualifying Practice, it has been decided to change to a qualifying format similar to that of the MotoGP Class. It is expected that this system will also bring a more entertaining format for the fans as well as preparing the young riders for the same system of classification as the premier Class. This will also make for a homogenous qualifying format across all Grand Prix classes.

Riders in Moto2 and Moto3, will continue to have three Free Practice sessions. The fastest 14 riders from the combined standings will qualify directly for Qualifying 2. The other riders will compete in Qualifying 1 and the four fastest riders will join the other 14 in Qualifying 2.

Rule changes for 2019 include:

• Previously, in order to be qualified as a finisher, the rider had to be in contact with his machine when crossing the finish line. There have been situations when, due to a crash, the rider and machine have crossed the line separately. In future, the finish time will be determined by the first part of the rider or his motorcycle, whichever crosses the finish line last.

• When a change of position penalty is imposed for passing under a yellow flag, or for any other infringement, the information will be communicated via the dashboard display and on the finish line during a maximum of three laps. (Previously five laps).

• For Safety reasons, it is not permitted to start the engine of a racing motorcycle inside the pit box at any time. Engines must be started in the pit lane.

There are more changes, eg on equipment, tyres, penalties etc...see the link.

Some info on the 2019 Ducati.

Engine stuff starts around 28 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DHWqapejxpE
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Interesting stuff, it will no doubt be banned by round three!

How close was the MotoGP race!! If that's a sign for the rest of the year it's going to be a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    How close was the MotoGP race!! If that's a sign for the rest of the year it's going to be a great season.
    Indeed a belter!

Craftsman
    Thanks for the link to the Quest channel, I was feeling a bit down last night having not found anything on CH5!

I've just caught up on the superbikes. Holy crap. Bautista on the ducati is on fire. Rea must wonder what has hit him.

Master
    Well that was a surprise, massive mistake by Marquez at his favourite circuit...👍

Crazy amount of crashes over the weekend - that track looks very difficult. Great win for Rins. Hard to see Honda not having a lot more wins, unless they crash out again - speed trap speeds now up with Ducati. Yamaha and Suzuki look to struggle a little in the power stakes.

Very enjoyable race, despite the Marquez and Crutchlow crashes, and opens up the championship standing a little more.
    It's just a matter of time...

ICYMI...link...The Unrideables 2: The Rainey Years on ITV4 (NB it's a 2014 video, so you may well have seen it before).

4 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    A real star in the making: Fabio Quartararo
    Only 15 yo, 2nd in the race. Watch this space!
    He will start on pole tomorrow.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

What a race at Mugello!

Craftsman
    Edge of the seat stuff, great race

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Halfway the race SÉVEN overtakes for the lead in three corners. And mind; not in Moto3, no; MotoGP!!!

MotoGP race...only 15 bikes left on the track.

Update And at the finish? I'll not spoil it for you.
    Last edited by PickleB; 16th June 2019 at 13:45.

Cracking race, great finish. Hope the Yamaha's can pick up a bit more pace in the upcoming races.

I think that the championship is now somewhat a formality now unfortunately.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Well that was some SAVE