closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2019

MotoGP 2019

The 2018 season has yet to finish, but there is news for 2019. Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP

Last week, current FIM CEV Repsol Moto3™ Junior World Championship rider Tom Booth-Amos and the CIP – Green Power team finalised their partnership for the 2019 Moto3™ season.

Alain Bronec, CIP – Green Power Team Manager: “I am glad that Tom will be our rider next year. He is young and talented and coaching young riders at the beginning of their professional career in motorbike is our expertise. I’m sure that 2019 will be an exciting season for Tom and us.”

Last edited by PickleB; 7th January 2019 at 13:29. Reason: amend 'Moto GP' to 'MotoGP' in title

Master
    Good news... and with Jake Dixon off to Moto 2. We’ll have a few more Brits to shout for..

Hi folks I'm sorry been absent for while but as work often means missing races still catching up so keep off social media forums etc till watched.

Total Disaster this morning ....new sky box i forgot to change settings when got it & on eco mode its turned itself off!!!
    So if anyone could copy FP1 & 2 Japan to dvd discs (i can replace/pay by return) feel free to PM me ...
    not been a good start to the day...i have every practice/race recorded until now....damn

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

New QP rules for Moto2 & Moto3 (pdf):

After discussion with teams and reviewing the current situation in Moto3, with many riders waiting and riding slowly and considering the experience in Moto2 at various races where the fastest times have been set at the beginning of the Qualifying Practice, it has been decided to change to a qualifying format similar to that of the MotoGP Class. It is expected that this system will also bring a more entertaining format for the fans as well as preparing the young riders for the same system of classification as the premier Class. This will also make for a homogenous qualifying format across all Grand Prix classes.

Riders in Moto2 and Moto3, will continue to have three Free Practice sessions. The fastest 14 riders from the combined standings will qualify directly for Qualifying 2. The other riders will compete in Qualifying 1 and the four fastest riders will join the other 14 in Qualifying 2.

Rule changes for 2019 include:

• Previously, in order to be qualified as a finisher, the rider had to be in contact with his machine when crossing the finish line. There have been situations when, due to a crash, the rider and machine have crossed the line separately. In future, the finish time will be determined by the first part of the rider or his motorcycle, whichever crosses the finish line last.

• When a change of position penalty is imposed for passing under a yellow flag, or for any other infringement, the information will be communicated via the dashboard display and on the finish line during a maximum of three laps. (Previously five laps).

• For Safety reasons, it is not permitted to start the engine of a racing motorcycle inside the pit box at any time. Engines must be started in the pit lane.

There are more changes, eg on equipment, tyres, penalties etc...see the link.

Some info on the 2019 Ducati.

Engine stuff starts around 28 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DHWqapejxpE
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Some info on the 2019 Ducati.

Engine stuff starts around 28 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DHWqapejxpE
    Mission Winnow? On FB...Our Story

We are Philip Morris International, a leading international tobacco company,...

I hadn't realised that connection before today.

Does anyone know where the free highlights will be shown as I can’t find them on channel 5?

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post
    Does anyone know where the free highlights will be shown as I can’t find them on channel 5?

Neil
    Sorry...I can't help you with that, but I did have a look and found nothing.

Then, I've only just heard that Bradley Smith has 4 or 5 wild card rides this season, starting this weekend in Qatar.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Then, I've only just heard that Bradley Smith has 4 or 5 wild card rides this season, starting this weekend in Qatar.
    Is this in addition to Iannone or is he replacing him? I'll be surprised if Bradley doesn't get the gig full time at some stage in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Is this in addition to Iannone or is he replacing him? I'll be surprised if Bradley doesn't get the gig full time at some stage in the season.
    In addition...Aprilia, starts off with three riders in the opening race at Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    "...until [the] end of 2018."
    Fenati is back...in Moto3...and he's quick.

Master
    Enjoying the Moto2 free practice... bikes sound great with the new Triumph motor.

But what I found interesting, 3 or 4 big crashes, and all of them highsides. That extra torque and Bhp is taking some taming...

Neil
    Can someone please answer this question with good news??!?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Can someone please answer this question with good news??!?
    Sorry can’t help....I watch with the Moto GP app....

Master
    Facepalms at the ready -

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/03/07/...500-euros.html

Neil
    I believe they are on Quest this year

Stumbled across this being on BT Sport, series record set as lost track when it moved around- a welcome replacement for F1 which I’m not forking out for. Valantino being 40 makes me feel old but good to see him still smiling. Neil Hodgson and Colin Edwards as part of the BT team was a pleasant surprise too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Facepalms at the ready -

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/03/07/...500-euros.html

I believe they are on Quest this year
    Well done that man :)

Master
    Any predictions for the races folks??

I’m going
    Dovi
    Gardner
    Antonelli

That’s put the kybosh on those riders then..... I’d love to see Remy get a podium though👍

No predictions from me...things are too new / close.

I wonder who will be the first to visit here:

Master
    Well Fenati and his team made a proper cats bum of qualifying🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Well Fenati and his team made a proper cats bum of qualifying浪浪
    Yes, the new Moto3 QP1, QP2 format was a bit of a scramble at 15 mins each. MGP is the same, but it is immediately preceded by 30 mins of FP4. I won't be surprised if there are some adjustments made.

Journeyman
    Any predictions for the races folks??

I’m going
    Dovi
    Gardner
    Antonelli

That’s put the kybosh on those riders then..... I’d love to see Remy get a podium though
    Sam Lowes for Moto 2
    Nice to see and hear the 3 cylinder Triumph.

If you guys missed this event, shame on you! :) Three brilliant races and the big bikes were as mad as the tiddlers. Watch highlights on 4 or 5, well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loquacious View Post
    If you guys missed this event, shame on you! :) Three brilliant races and the big bikes were as mad as the tiddlers. Watch highlights on 4 or 5, well worth it.
    I agree with you about the racing, but maybe not about your final recommendation.

Neil
    However, I've just found this...link.

I agree with you about the racing, but maybe not about your final recommendation.

However, I've just found this...link.
    Quest it is...18h00 on Mondays (link) and, according to their FAQs, on catch-up. As for Freeview, the FAQs say:

We will maintain our standard definition channels on channel 37 on Freeview and our Quest+1 service on channel 83 (7pm-4am) at the same time as showing our HD offering at 114. We will also maintain our standard definition Virgin channel at 172.

Currently, our QuestHD on Freeview channel 114 is not available universally across the UK & Ireland. To see if your area is covered for our HD channel, please check out your address at this channel checker on Freeview’s website: https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-...-address-check or call the Freeview Advice Line free on 0808 100 0288.

Lest you thought it was all over...Qatar GP protests referred to MotoGP™ Court of Appeals

At the VisitQatar Grand Prix, the FIM MotoGP Stewards Panel received various protests concerning aerodynamic devices on the rear swing arm of Ducati machinery...Based on guidelines and regulations currently in force, the FIM MotoGP Stewards Panel rejected their protests.

An appeals process then began and the appeals panel has subsequently decided to refer the case to the MotoGP Court of Appeals in order to attain more information and detail pertaining to the matter.

The result of the VisitQatar Grand Prix remains in standing.

For anyone that doesn't watch the whole BTSport presentation...I just found this video link...What is the new switch on the Ducati?

Interesting stuff, it will no doubt be banned by round three!

Craftsman
    Quest it is...18h00 on Mondays (link) and, according to their FAQs, on catch-up. As for Freeview, the FAQs say:

We will maintain our standard definition channels on channel 37 on Freeview and our Quest+1 service on channel 83 (7pm-4am) at the same time as showing our HD offering at 114. We will also maintain our standard definition Virgin channel at 172.

Currently, our QuestHD on Freeview channel 114 is not available universally across the UK & Ireland. To see if your area is covered for our HD channel, please check out your address at this channel checker on Freeview’s website: https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-...-address-check or call the Freeview Advice Line free on 0808 100 0288.

Thanks for the Quest heads-up, watching now!

Master
    For anyone that doesn't watch the whole BTSport presentation...I just found this video link...What is the new switch on the Ducati?
    The “Holeshot” button..... supposed to be a super duper launch control system..

How close was the MotoGP race!! If that's a sign for the rest of the year it's going to be a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Thanks for the Quest heads-up, watching now!
    I've only got through Moto3 so far. Did you recognise the pair providing commentary?

Thoughts so far: exceptionally bland, lots of stats but little insight; didn't see anyone fall off...nor were any fallers reported; Fenati's excursion up the penalty lane went without sight or comment. Hmm...

Moto2 now running...and they've just shown someone making a close acquaintance with the tarmac.

Edit Oh...and just a simple tower showing positions and the very occasional gap time.
    Last edited by PickleB; 11th March 2019 at 20:53. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    How close was the MotoGP race!! If that's a sign for the rest of the year it's going to be a great season.
    Indeed a belter!

Commentary and new on screen stuff will take some time getting used to... but some of the coverage was pretty poor. Isn't that down to Dorna or whatever they are called rather than broadcasters...
    I've only got through Moto3 so far. Did you recognise the pair providing commentary?

Thoughts so far: exceptionally bland, lots of stats but little insight; didn't see anyone fall off...nor were any fallers reported; Fenati's excursion up the penalty lane went without sight or comment. Hmm...

Moto2 now running...and they've just shown someone making a close acquaintance with the tarmac.

Edit Oh...and just a simple tower showing positions and the very occasional gap time.
    Great to see Cal and VR46 still able to get in amongst it come race day. Can't wait for next round now

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    Commentary and new on screen stuff will take some time getting used to... but some of the coverage was pretty poor. Isn't that down to Dorna or whatever they are called rather than broadcasters... Great to see Cal and VR46 still able to get in amongst it come race day. Can't wait for next round now

I was pretty happy with what I saw on BT Sports. My comment was about the highlights programme on Quest. The latter is necessarily edited down to the essentials, but IMO they missed some of them out.

I believe that Dorna provide the feeds to contracted broadcasters and it's up to them how they use it. When you say 'the coverage was pretty poor', what was missing?

Just caught it up now - close race!

The whole 'inside leg out' thing is/looks wrong - never used to happen?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    The “Holeshot” button..... supposed to be a super duper launch control system..
    Now that’s a bit of innovation! I wonder how long it will take the other teams to copy. Ducati do seem to be leading the “ allowed modifications “ race , last two years with wings! But the main thing is their outright speed on the straights, they have been imperious for that for a number of years now.

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Now that’s a bit of innovation! I wonder how long it will take the other teams to copy. Ducati do seem to be leading the “ allowed modifications “ race , last two years with wings! But the main thing is their outright speed on the straights, they have been imperious for that for a number of years now.

Steve
    Yep...Ducati top speed is very impressive, but Honda were very close this time at Qatar...

But did you see the Ducati top speed at Philip Island SBK round? Bautista could signal indicate manoeuvre around Rea at will.. Kawasaki won’t like that

Craftsman
    Thanks for the link to the Quest channel, I was feeling a bit down last night having not found anything on CH5!

I've just caught up on the superbikes. Holy crap. Bautista on the ducati is on fire. Rea must wonder what has hit him.

Master
    Well that was a surprise, massive mistake by Marquez at his favourite circuit...👍

Crazy amount of crashes over the weekend - that track looks very difficult. Great win for Rins. Hard to see Honda not having a lot more wins, unless they crash out again - speed trap speeds now up with Ducati. Yamaha and Suzuki look to struggle a little in the power stakes.

Very enjoyable race, despite the Marquez and Crutchlow crashes, and opens up the championship standing a little more.
    It's just a matter of time...

ICYMI...link...The Unrideables 2: The Rainey Years on ITV4 (NB it's a 2014 video, so you may well have seen it before).

4 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    A real star in the making: Fabio Quartararo
    Only 15 yo, 2nd in the race. Watch this space!
    He will start on pole tomorrow.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

What a race at Mugello!

Craftsman
    Edge of the seat stuff, great race

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Halfway the race SÉVEN overtakes for the lead in three corners. And mind; not in Moto3, no; MotoGP!!!

MotoGP race...only 15 bikes left on the track.

Update And at the finish? I'll not spoil it for you.
    Last edited by PickleB; 16th June 2019 at 13:45.