closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waiting list happiness

Waiting list happiness

My faith in the whole waiting list thing is restored!

Put my name down on a BLNR at Goldsmiths Nottingham 3-4 months ago.

Got a call yesterday telling me that my black GMT was in. GUTTED!! They had put me on the wrong list!!
    I was then told that the same delivery had a BLNR and that they guy who’s turn to allocate it was in the next day....

He called and told me that he had offered it to the guy who is top of the BLNR list and that if he passed on it then it was mine

I must have called 4 times today and eventually was told that the guy had passed and I went and collected!

While I was in there a guy came off the street and enquirer about a black GMT only to be told that there’s a 2 year wait

Makes me wonder if waits are coming down, or they are being exaggerated or I just got lucky!

They kept the papers for a year and took the stickers off in store but I’m keeping it anyway so no stress!

Copped for the price rise which is a shame but it’s a beautiful piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries
    Stories like this make me smile, so lovely to read. I have had no joy with small ADs adding me to their list so I better try the big boys.

That is fantastic news and congrats

Pitch

Congratulations on your good luck. You must be on a high after being so gutted initially. Such a great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by leahorsfall View Post
    My faith in the whole waiting list thing is restored!

Put my name down on a BLNR at Goldsmiths Nottingham 3-4 months ago.

Got a call yesterday telling me that my black GMT was in. GUTTED!! They had put me on the wrong list!!
    I was then told that the same delivery had a BLNR and that they guy who’s turn to allocate it was in the next day....

He called and told me that he had offered it to the guy who is top of the BLNR list and that if he passed on it then it was mine

I must have called 4 times today and eventually was told that the guy had passed and I went and collected!

While I was in there a guy came off the street and enquirer about a black GMT only to be told that there’s a 2 year wait

Makes me wonder if waits are coming down, or they are being exaggerated or I just got lucky!

They kept the papers for a year and took the stickers off in store but I’m keeping it anyway so no stress!

Copped for the price rise which is a shame but it’s a beautiful piece!

Your BLNR looks really nice! I think I prefer it to the Pepsi.

About three weeks ago, I put my name down for the Hulk (115510LV) and was told it was a three to four year wait.

I wanted to get something else in the meantime, so I put my name down for the Black Bay 58.
    But I decided that if I never got offered the Hulk, then in a few years time I'd probably end up buying the No Date Sub (114060) instead of the Hulk.
    By which time the price will have probably increased a couple of times.

So rather than buying the Black Bay 58 as an interim watch, I decided to put my name down for a No Date Sub instead and avoid any further price rises.

I've already had an email to say they have one available.
    If it is still available when I call back tomorrow, I will go ahead with the purchase.
    But it does make you wonder how long these waiting lists really are.

My only worry now is that I get a call about the Hulk in 3 or 4 months time!
    I don't have the funds for two subs in that space of time.

The whole list situation certainly does make you wonder...I bought a steel skydweller last month and enquired about a BLNR as I’d sold both of mine over the last few years having yearned for the batman then sold it again on two occasions. Anyhow I convinced myself I needed one again and lo and behold I had one within a week. Put it this way, I was basically told if your face fits and you arnt suspected of being a flipper you can pretty much have what you want within a reasonable time frame.

We’ll certainly see, I asked the manager
    “If I told you in a years time I’d be wearing my BLNR in a years time should you call me in for a BLRO would that bump me up the list?”
    He said it might lol

Journeyman
    Congratulations - I too had a 2 year waiting time quoted and got a submariner in 10days so I think I the whole waiting list time is being exaggerated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Congratulations on your new watch

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    My only worry now is that I get a call about the Hulk in 3 or 4 months time!
    I don't have the funds for two subs in that space of time.
    Nonsense man .. do you not have a kidney going spare?

It would be interesting to find out the longest someone has had to wait, I have put my name down for the BLNR at the start of September. I have been told it will be about 10 months, I placed a deposit an d off I went. I made a call to them on Monday for them to tell me that the next one that they get in their AD will be mine, they couldnt give me a time scale but I doubt it will take another 9 months.

Also a friend of mine was in London the other day to be told if they wanted a BLNR it will be 5 years!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmason View Post
    Congratulations - I too had a 2 year waiting time quoted and got a submariner in 10days so I think I the whole waiting list time is being exaggerated

Is this for real? I been quoted a 3 year wait and have been waiting for 8 months....

After 4 months of waiting I collected my Hulk today (first Rolex and new to the AD). This was probably the tenth AD I tried and they stated 4 years. They ended up bumping me up the list after striking up a good relationship (long story).

It feels like the supply might have opened up a bit since the price increase. I’ve got my sights set on a SkyDweller next once I’ve got some more funds so I’ll see how that goes. I did visit other ADs over the last couple of months to see how receptive they would be to joining lists and had zero luck for any SS models.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by coolchow View Post
    Is this for real? I been quoted a 3 year wait and have been waiting for 8 months....

I’ve been told list is closed by quite a few ADs! Overheard another customer asking and was the same

It is putting me off quite a bit but then hear stories like these makes you wonder what the f is actually going on ?

I heard that Rolex have put overtime on Saturday and Sunday mornings to bring the waiting lists down due to Brexit edging closer

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    I’ve been told list is closed by quite a few ADs! Overheard another customer asking and was the same

It is putting me off quite a bit but then hear stories like these makes you wonder what the f is actually going on ?
    What I can’t believe it even the Tudor AD put me for a 2 year wait list for the GMT... Might as well just go for the new OMEGA’s

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Nonsense man .. do you not have a kidney going spare?
    How do you think I’m paying for the No Date?

Master

LV

Missed out on the original LV and really wanted an LV but haven’t even bothered speaking to any AD to try and get on a list due to what everyone is saying? It would be nice if I thought the wait would be less than 12 months!?

Unless things change even more I won’t be trying anytime soon that’s for sure?!?! Living in Suffolk we only have the Rolex AD in Norwich I believe and my work only takes me into London mainly, where waiting lists seem to be even bigger or more exaggerated at least?

Chris

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by coolchow View Post
    What I can’t believe it even the Tudor AD put me for a 2 year wait list for the GMT... Might as well just go for the new OMEGA’s

Yep i agree. Can't be doing with the whole Rolex / Tudor waiting list bull***t doesn't matter how great their watches are.

Life's too short to wait that long.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Congratulations OP. Had mine on several days this week, still keeping smiling every time I look at it.

Master
    Having a waiting list of anything over a few months is ridiculous, although due to the demand of Rolex SS I can at least understand it...but waiting lists for a Tudor????? 😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Having a waiting list of anything over a few months is ridiculous, although due to the demand of Rolex SS I can at least understand it...but waiting lists for a Tudor????? 
    Some of us prefer Tudor, derisory/snobby remarks reinforce that preference .

but I have to agree any waiting list for any production watch is ridiculous.
    then again some might say announcing every single production Rolex incoming,purchase and moving on is ridiculous [other than a rare vintage of course].

You might think that,I couldn’t possibly comment.

Craftsman
    Having a waiting list of anything over a few months is ridiculous, although due to the demand of Rolex SS I can at least understand it...but waiting lists for a Tudor?????
    There is demand for tudors believe it or not... I waited about 2 months after deliveries started for my Tudor GMT whereas I only waited a month and half for a ss skydweller

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Some of us prefer Tudor, derisory/snobby remarks reinforce that preference .

but I have to agree any waiting list for any production watch is ridiculous.
    then again some might say announcing every single production Rolex incoming,purchase and moving on is ridiculous [other than a rare vintage of course].

You might think that,I couldn’t possibly comment.
    Wasn't being derisory or snobby. I just think it is ridiculous. For the record I have never owned a Rolex or Tudor AND like models in both ranges.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    There is demand for tudors believe it or not... I waited about 2 months after deliveries started for my Tudor GMT whereas I only waited a month and half for a ss skydweller

Oh, I believe there is a demand, they do some great watches. Just think this waiting list thing is a bit silly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Put it this way, I was basically told if your face fits and you arnt suspected of being a flipper you can pretty much have what you want within a reasonable time frame.
    What's their definition of "reasonable"? That's certainly not what my local AD tells me - and he knows I wouldn't flip!

EDIT: Just re-read. I possibly fail on the "face fits" test!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmason View Post

Given up waiting for my Rolex SD43 even though I am on the list so just put myself on Sub Date list at my local AD.

Told 9-12 months and signed a form stating they would remove stickers and keep warranty card for 12 months.
    I bet I get the call within next 6 months.

Will update thread as and when.

Craftsman
    Oh, I believe there is a demand, they do some great watches. Just think this waiting list thing is a bit silly.
    Absolutely.

Rolex SA have an unlimited manufacturing and industrial capacity to pump out Rolex / Tudor watches in their hundreds of thousands (even millions) to meet any consumer / AD demand but they choose not to as the business model they created (or have adopted) is a time-honoured way of driving up desirability by choking supply, which others including car manufacturers have been doing for years (i.e. BMW). They're technically not better than any other brands at their price point but to be fair to them their marketing strategy is brilliant.

I'm not a Rolex hater, i love them and they are quality watches, but it's an old marketing strategy that's been out for donkeys and the consumer buys into it every time.

Damn i wish i had that BNLR though!
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 14th October 2018 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post

They're technically not better than any other brands at their price point but to be fair to them their marketing strategy is brilliant.
    What other watch brand at the same price point is technically on the same level as a Rolex in your opinion?

Journeyman
    What other watch brand at the same price point is technically on the same level as a Rolex in your opinion?
    IWC and omega ?

Craftsman
    Grand Seiko for one, IWC for two and Omega for three.

As I say I love their watches, just not the nonsense surrounding the hype and lack of availability, and instead of warming to the brand it does the opposite for me personally.

I'd love a GMT Master II and appreciate it for what it is (gorgeous watch) but i'm not paying those prices and being sucked in to the hype that their marketing department have very successfully created. It's a big watch world out there and there are many comparable alternatives so i'd rather take my money elsewhere tbh. Their marketing strategy is text book but they could up production to meet much higher demand if they wanted to regardless of what anyone says. They are not hand made masterpieces but mass produced (admittedly high end) watches and they just choose to choke supply to drive up desirability and to be fair to them it works brilliantly.

To add to that their pre-owned prices / value retention are just a downstream effect of all the above so if they opened the flood gates on production the used prices would tank. What i mean by that is the price is not set by the quality and technical advancement of the product, but by brand awareness and the negative supply / positive demand of their watches. Saying that though they're certainly not going to do that anytime soon so residuals are safer than money in the bank these days that's for sure.

Sorry though guys this post is just about my cynicism but those that love their superb Rolex's and are willing to wait that long (or pay a premium to get one early) then fair play to you. You'll never lose out financially by the looks of it so if you decide that you don't actually like it (god forbid) then you'll easily find someone that does.

I'll dip out now as i don't wish to offend anyone :)

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 14th October 2018 at 06:54.

Master

As I say I love their watches, just not the nonsense surrounding the hype and lack of availability, and instead of warming to the brand it does the opposite for me personally.

I'd love a GMT Master II and appreciate it for what it is (gorgeous watch) but i'm not paying those prices and being sucked in to the hype that their marketing department have very successfully created. It's a big watch world out there and there are many comparable alternatives so i'd rather take my money elsewhere tbh. Their marketing strategy is text book but they could up production to meet much higher demand if they wanted to regardless of what anyone says. They are not hand made masterpieces but mass produced (admittedly high end) watches and they just choose to choke supply to drive up desirability and to be fair to them it works brilliantly.

To add to that their pre-owned prices / value retention are just a downstream effect of all the above so if they opened the flood gates on production the used prices would tank. What i mean by that is the price is not set by the quality and technical advancement of the product, but by brand awareness and the negative supply / positive demand of their watches. Saying that though they're certainly not going to do that anytime soon so residuals are safer than money in the bank these days that's for sure.

Sorry though guys this post is just about my cynicism but those that love their superb Rolex's and are willing to wait that long (or pay a premium to get one early) then fair play to you. You'll never lose out financially by the looks of it so if you decide that you don't actually like it (god forbid) then you'll easily find someone that does.

I'll dip out now as i don't wish to offend anyone :)

Agree with all of this. Fair play to them though, and the owners or people willing to 'play the game.'

Craftsman
    Agree with all of this. Fair play to them though, and the owners or people willing to 'play the game.'
    Totally.

Master
    Never owned a GS, but I have owned IWC and Omega that have failed spectacularly... Broken main springs and losing crowns..

Never had that with any Rolex, despite some of them being fairly old..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Never owned a GS, but I have owned IWC and Omega that have failed spectacularly... Broken main springs and losing crowns..

Never had that with any Rolex, despite some of them being fairly old..
    That could have happened to a Rolex mate trust me, and i would like to think your IWC / Omega issues were sorted pretty rapidly under their comprehensive warranty (if new enough to be covered of course).

As i say though Rolex are great watches but they are not the best watches in the world as many seem to think :)

Congrats. Sounds like a lottery that waiting list malarkey...

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mathif View Post
    Congrats. Sounds like a lottery that waiting list malarkey...
    Patience is a virtue.

Master
    That could have happened to a Rolex mate trust me, and i would like to think your IWC / Omega issues were sorted pretty rapidly under their comprehensive warranty (if new enough to be covered of course).

As i say though Rolex are great watches but they are not the best watches in the world as many seem to think :)
    It was enough to ensure I won’t be spending any of my money on either brand...

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I heard that Rolex have put overtime on Saturday and Sunday mornings to bring the waiting lists down due to Brexit edging closer
    Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It was enough to ensure I won’t be spending any of my money on either brand...
    Fair enough mate, I respect you for your honesty and experience, as like anything in life when you have had a bad experience it kinds of shapes your view of that particular product or brand.

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 14th October 2018 at 16:31.

Craftsman
    Lovely wath - has really grown on me - congrats!

Master
    Fair enough mate, I respect you for your honesty and experience, as like anything in life when you have had a bad experience it kinds of shapes your view of that particular product or brand.

Indeed... I equate it to having one bad meal at a regular eating establishment... I never return..👍

Craftsman
    Indeed... I equate it to having one bad meal at a regular eating establishment... I never return..
    That's a great analogy. To be honest i've not had any (serious) mechanical issues with any of my watches to be fair, but i think they're all vulnerable to niggles and i've heard stories from friends with Rolex's being a bit troublesome in the past (although very very rare) and nothing their superb warranty scheme didn't clear up pretty damn quickly.

I also live about 5 miles from the Swatch Group UK HQ and they have been fantastic sorting the minor niggles on my Omegas as i'm fortunate to be able to take them in direct.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 17th October 2018 at 17:35.

Journeyman
    I have an iwc also so time will tell what proves to be the most reliable - that or the submariner