Thread: Got a new cat

Got a new cat

Cost more than my watch but worth every penny

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Very pretty! What’s the breed?

Master
    Blog Entries
    British Blue?

Beautiful cat OP. You must be feline proud.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Beautiful cat OP. You must be feline proud.
    very good - and that is a very nice pussy cat :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Paying for a cat?!, there are plenty of beautiful cats at rescue homes that need loving!

mike

Master
    Blog Entries
    😍....

I do like cats, we love ours but I can never see the point of paying a huge amount for an animal.
    Incidentally, can one get life insurance for a pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I do like cats, we love ours but I can never see the point of paying a huge amount for an animal.
    Yes, but it's kittens would get everything.

Master
    Aww. He/She's gorgeous.

I'm a dog person, but can appreciate a nice looking pussy. Cat. Congrats.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Absolute beauty, here’s my little Max; just turned 17, love him to bits.

Grand pic. Says it all.

Craftsman
    Here's Skye, such a monster at times.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Will the old one be on SC anytime soon ?

Quite a looker, another cat person here :-)

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous looking cat! Looks as soft as butter but the eyes tell you that normal ‘badass’ lurks within if you are a mouse or a bird. Congratulations, a really stunning kitty.

Grand Master
    Cool Cat Dave
    RIAC

Master
    Goes well with the furniture. Need to watch you don't sit on it.

Our cat recently vanished, been gone just over a week now which isn't like her. She was only young so I fear she's probably been scoffed by one of the many foxes around here or smooshed under something at a nearby building site.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

earl-Maine coon
    Kitton-savannah
    They seem to get on pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky says hello, having commandeered my light tent whilst I'm trying to take pictures.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Will the old one be on SC anytime soon ?
    Hehe, no way! I’d sell my entire watch and car collection before my cat. He’s awesome.

Got a new cat

My two are 7 years old today!

Last edited by j0hnbarker; 12th October 2018 at 15:23.

Some lovely cat pics!

Yes she's a British Shorthair, commonly called English or British blue

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Smoky says hello, having commandeered my light tent whilst I'm trying to take pictures.

Eddie
    Beautiful, has a Russian blue look

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Yes you can, i chose not to add that in to the insurance, i pay 17 quid a month and thats just to cover vets bills

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Paying for a cat?!, there are plenty of beautiful cats at rescue homes that need loving!

mike
    And ive done my bit over the years in that regard, this car is a 30th wedding anniversary present to us both

Lovely, should start a Shorthair forum lol

Lovely cats on this thread!

Here is Oscar our cantankerous elderly tabby and Teddy the very lively ginger kitten

Master
    Treacle’s not impressed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every cat is lovely, great pictures.

Mouse trouser checking in!IMG_2683.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Another unashamed pic of our kitten take yesterday. He turns one next month.

What a beautiful cat - I've always had moggies, but can certainly see the appeal of such a gorgeous puss!

Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    Another unashamed pic of our kitten take yesterday. He turns one next month.

Damn they grow quickly!! Mine just 14 weeks

We said we'd never have another having had ours PTS 2 weeks ago, but looking at this thread I have always wanted an English Blue, how much are they as I have too many watches for the number of wrists I have.

PS that was taken a couple of months back, not after PTS!!!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very cute and he matches the sofa covering

Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    We said we'd never have another having had ours PTS 2 weeks ago, but looking at this thread I have always wanted an English Blue, how much are they as I have too many watches for the number of wrists I have.

PS that was taken a couple of months back, not after PTS!!!!!
    I paid 650, but researched the breeder carefully, bought as unregistered

Always check carefully, you should expect at least a 5 generation pedigree certificate, microchip, vaccines and a full health check inc a cheque for a hereditary disease ( full list of governing body website)

We went to see the parents, see how they were etc and found a breeder that has kids and handles them daily, the parents were so placid we stuck with that breeder.

There are many back street breeders who sell for much less for obvious reasons

Here's our new cat Cleo. Just an ordinary moggy who's previous owner seems to have mistreated her and finally abandoned her altogether after doing a midnight flit.

She'd been living under a hedge down the road for a while, scraping by on the kindness of strangers.

She's got a dodgy ear and a permanent bump on her nose.

Anyway, now she lives with us and has the life of Riley.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Bruno acts well below his age of 16...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Chico-Baby, he’s a Birman and is definitely the boss!

Agree with much of what’s been said, it’s important the breeder is as selective as you, we got Chico as his prospective owners weren’t willing to visit the breeder beforehand, and wanted to buy him sight unseen. When we got there she had checked us out on
    Social Media and on Street
    Maps etc.

Even now (5yrs) she keeps in touch as she believes in a lifetime care approach.

Also, if you can take the cat before 12 weeks, walk away, they need to be fully weaned before being separated from the mother.

Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
    Samuel Johnson

Love the rescue cat stories, such a great thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Beautiful, has a Russian blue look

She has no pedigree, she's from this litter.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Ours say hi

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    She has no pedigree, she's from this litter.

Eddie
    Beautiful cats

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Love the rescue cat stories, such a great thing to do

We had our first rescue cat for 14 years but lost her in August, and although I am still grieving for her we find ourselves with TWO two year old sisters from the rspca, we have so much room/gardens seems unfair not to rehouse some.

Awesome

The wife rescued an abandoned 12 years old cat five years ago, lovely old fella that demanded plenty of affection when he wanted, but otherwise did his own thing, but sadly he had a stroke and died last week.
    Left a huge hole in our lives, but at least we have another rescue 11 years old lady for a year already.

Cool

This is a mighty fine thread indeed.

I am not going to spark a debate on adoption vs. buying, instead I'll just say that our 2 Cypriot cats (Catus Kypros Mirobolantis) have brought tons and tons of laughter and mischief into our dwelling. The funny part is that we had lived close to a decade in Cyprus, the whole time resisting the urge to permanently adopt our own, although we did help the local shelters, fed& watered a couple of colonies living in our area as well as bringing some kittens in a few times that we found in poor condition, to find a home for them later, but due to often travelling the logistics, I thought, were too complicated.

Then just a few months before relocating out of Cyprus, someone decided to bring and dump a litter of kittens near our block of flats, a common occurrence in Cyprus unfortunately, we've heard them crying for a couple of evenings and nights, assumed its some queenie that yet again gave birth nearby, yet as the crying was constant, my wife asked me one Sat. to check it out when I go for a jog, which I did - finding 2 kittens in really grave condition, crawled under a big rock in a dry river bed, and another kitten that had already died some meters away up the ravine, poor things were trying to get away form the scorching sun, even though it was just May in Cyprus; quiet during the day due to heat no doubt and probably mustering up some energy to cry when it was cooler. Brought them in, took them straight to a vet, who suggested one of them might have to be put to sleep as it was in a semi-comatose state, yet he gave some injection, and by the next morning when we went to check, it was in much better condition so the same evening we took both home.

Trying to make a long story short, some couple of years later now, we and the cats relocated, they thoroughly enjoy their new surroundings and we very much enjoying having them. The flight to here, and especially the connecting stop in Athens where they insisted the cats must be taken out of the carrying bags so the bags can be scanned separately, was not too much fun, lets just say I was preparing myself for a full marathon trying to catch them had they decided to run for it , as when they're out of the house they pretty much go in "wild mode"
    I've had cats when growing up, both at my parents home as well as quite a few more by our grandparents farm, but the levels of energy, pure might and seemingly never-ending ideas of naughtiness brought about by these two are just something else. Highly intelligent creatures, no doubt as a result of having to fare on a rather hardy island that somehow translated into their genes. Some days you cannot but be amazed at what new thing they've figured out to do, such as jumping over the table like antelopes, turning light-switches on and off in the bathroom at night, growling like a lion when the neighbors small dogs walk up and down the stairs (never-ever seen a cat growl like our black one, aptly named Corleone - even though she's a female) etc. etc., whereas some days they can be quite exhausting, having precisely learnt which buttons need to be pushed to get me to go give them yet another session of playing (such as pulling on and successfully lowering the window blinds one by one in the room you happen to be in, along with an arsenal of other misconduct ).

The tuxedo kitty, Palermo is her name who was a lot weaker when small, has grown into a very muscular and hefty 6.5kg, with very little fat at all, perplexing our local vet her who upon seeing their physical appearance and sheer strength asked me if we live on a farm and they do a lot of running around there (she was trying to subdue Palermo for administering a deworming tablet - suffice it to say, that didn't go too well (for the kind lady-vet that is ).

And of course, here are some cat-shots below, the first 2 taken just now as they're having a bit of rest before the inevitable evening performance that usually starts around 11 and sometimes extends well past midnite

I do have to mention this otherwise Corleone promised me a good roughing up - if you ever find yourself in Cyprus for holiday or otherwise and you might have the opportunity to help by either adopting a cat or helping re-home one (there's dozens and dozens of cat sanctuaries that often need help, sometimes with transporting a cat or two back to UK for example, or just volunteer work, small donations), do give them a chance,I'm sure you will be repaid in full somehow, especially if you will be the one taking them in

Last edited by Dan83bz; 14th October 2018 at 14:01. Reason: typos