closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor’s next move?

Master

Tudor’s next move?

I’ve got to say Tudor are producing watches right up my street. Got me thinking about their next move.

I put down for a BB58 months ago and was supposed to get one in June/July but never had ‘the call’

As time has gone on and the closer we get to 2019 it’s got me thinking about what’s coming next, which I guess is why I’ve not been hassling dealer’s for the BB58.

I’ve got this feeling Tudor may well do something along the lines of a modern equivalent of the snowflake sub (which let’s face it is enjoyed a far greater ‘value’ increase in relative terms than most vintage Rolex suns). I know people pray for a smaller Pelagos but that could well be it. In steel (so as not to tread on th Pelagos) and a case in between the Pelagos and BB58 style (so more 70’s/80’s)

Yes I’m bored. What’s next for Tudor? A smaller GMT? (Can’t see it yet) a smaller Pelagos? A totally new snowflake sub with blue dial and bezel (think this actually might be most likely).

These feelings have really stopped me going after the BB58 and I’m actually quite excited to see where they go next. Got to love the price of them too.

Master
    A smaller Ranger with a manufacture caliber?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    A smaller Ranger with a manufacture caliber?

Hopefully with a bracelet that doesn't look like it's off a 50p chinese watch.

I'd like to see them do a BB39 (to sit between the BB36 & BB41)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich11 View Post
    I'd like to see them do a BB39 (to sit between the BB36 & BB41)
    Sadly, I don’t think that’s likely to happen while there’s a 39mm Explorer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Non-issue for me since it looks better on the leather options.

Craftsman
    Dress watches and chronographs with manufacture calibres would be good.

Craftsman
    Blue dial 58

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post

I concur.

Hey! I have a Ranger on that bracelet! 😡😂

It's actually beautifully made, flawless quality, very comfortable. I was reluctant about the straight end links initially, thinking I'd stick it on a leather anyway. But, after a day's wear I got used to and came to really like them. It's not something you see much so gives the watch something different.

I've got my doubts as to whether they'll do a smaller version; bit too much of a direct rival to the Explorer perhaps? As someone who wears that watch near enough ever day I don't think a size reduction is needed anyway, it doesn't wear big.

I agree with the OP though, Tudor have been smashing it the last few years, they feel very fresh and I'm excited to see future offerings.
    Last edited by davidj54; 11th October 2018 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    Blue dial 58
    This - and bonus points if it has square instead of round indices.

Some great ideas here. Don’t think a next model will look anything like an oyster case. They don’t churn out great models every year so perhaps next year we just see some colour variations first.

First Black bay has had its share of versions and colours, they can repeat this process on the 58.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 36mm Ranger for me👍

Looks a lot better than the riveted version. I wear my Black Bay on the Ranger bracelet to improve the look.
    It's just a matter of time...

Some things they have yet to do which I think they may (and perhaps should):

• Transfer the manufacture chronograph calibre which they use in the BB chrono to all the rest of the heritage chronos, in the same way that the BBs and Pelagos have now lost their ETA calibres
    • Offer a BB chrono with a 0-60 bezel
    • Offer BB chronos in different colour(s)
    • Offer BB GMTs in different colours (plain black, plain blue, I think black and red would be taking the mickey)
    • Make a BB Blue with a blue dial to match the blue bezel
    • Offer the BB 58 in different colours (blue is the clear first option)
    • Do a proper snowflake with square indices - ideally in the BB58 case
    • Recreate the Jumbo - ideally the 7020/0

At 3 a year, that's nearly 3 Baselworld's worth, if the show survives the withdrawal of the Swatch group.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post

A good line of dress watches is what I'd like. The current Style, Glamour and Classic ranges just don't do it for me.

Bring back the Mercedes logo

I'm pretty sure there will be yet another 3 or 4 variants of the Black Bay next up with all of the rest of their lines criminally ignored. Bored of Tudor now.

Journeyman
    Tudor's lead designer mentioned in an interview at Baselworld 2018 that of the pieces he's designed in his career, his favorite piece will be released at Baselworld 2019.

That would suggest that it'll be something more dramatic than a new color dial/bezel on the current lineup, and more, too, than 'just' shoehorning the smaller movement into the existing BB and Pelagos to slim the cases down.

It feels like the watch the world wants is a BB58 GMT Pepsi (or, just about any two-tone bezel), but I agree with those who are saying that a new take on the Ranger is more likely for the time being. I think there probably will be a 58 GMT one day, but that day won't come for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be yet another 3 or 4 variants of the Black Bay next up with all of the rest of their lines criminally ignored. Bored of Tudor now.
    I hope they don’t offer more colour options on the standard 41mm Black Bay. Possibly something with the new “58” and a reduction in size on the Ranger🤞. I think too many colour options would detract from the range imo, they don’t want to go down the Omega route with too much choice.

Cheers

I can't see a Black/Red GMT coming as it the blue on the current one looks pretty black already but I think a two-tone BB GMT could be a possibility.

I'd love to see a modern day re-issue of the Big Blocks and think they missed a chance to introduce a new Chrono collection rather than adding it into the Black Bay range like they did with the Black Bay Chrono.

The 58 will almost certainly come in more bezel colours too.

Also, I think more white/silver dial models are required. The range is very dark as it stands!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisi View Post
    It feels like the watch the world wants is a BB58 GMT Pepsi
    I'm hoping for this personally.