timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 1330

Omega 1330

Hi all

I have a two-hander Omega 1330 that is sadly U/S. I am no expert, but I believe it is the electronic module (part # 1330-9150) that is at fault.

I am keeping my eyes open for either this part or a spare working movement to come up on eBay (unsurprisingly none of the regular suppliers seem to have it as NOS), but in the meantime would anyone happen to know if there is a replacement quartz movement that might fit?

Ranfft tells me that the 1330 is 20mm diameter and 6mm high, see http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...swk&Omega_1330

I can trawl through the specs for every other quartz movement but I wondered if anyone might happen to know one of similar dimensions already?

Clearly an Omega quartz movement would be ideal, but as I am only resurrecting the watch to use as a beater I would be fine replacing it with a generic movement of the right specification.

Omega 1330

Well, an alternative replacement quartz movement is on its way. Nominally the same size, at least as measured using the digital calipers, it will be interesting to see what is needed to make it fit - if it fits at all of course.

If it works, at least this way the watch will be usable until the original movement can be repaired (if it ever can).

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Keep us posted. It may be useful for others in the future. I've had similar movement swap opportunities and wondered about suitable alternatives. Thanks, and hope it fits!

Will do.

The new movement arrived in today's post and fits perfectly.

As I expected, though, the dial feet from the Omega are not in the correct position for the new movement. I don't really want to remove them and use dial spots, as I would prefer at some point to restore the watch to the original specification, so I might have to look at some surreptitious drilling of the new movement.

In retrospect a smaller movement might have been a better proposition, as then the holes for the dial could have been drilled in the movement ring.

At GBP 6.50 plus postage, though, I'll have a go with the movement that arrived today first.