closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Servicing Costs

Tudor Servicing Costs

I'm somewhere on the spectrum between frugal and tight, yet I've reached the point in my "journey" (cringe) where more and more I'm having my head turned by Tudors.

However, one reason I do not like in house movements is being tied to a potentially profiteering company who can set any price they want for ownership. It's like a ticking time-bomb to me, and the fact this particular brand is tied to the most absurd parent company of all is really putting me off.

I'm thinking a Black Bay Bronze, but what is the actual basic cost of servicing this at RSC? Does anybody know?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If you need to ask.....................

Master
    I’d sooner have a Tudor with ETA movement. Duncan did a great job of servicing a Tudor Hydronaut I owned not that long ago.

Craftsman
    Get a good independent to service it.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Yeah I know I'm shooting above my class here

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Pah. A fool and their money are easily parted....

Edit: Anyone know if RSC carry out the Tudor services or if it's done entirely independently of the mothership..?
    Last edited by gcleminson; 12th October 2018 at 09:02.

saw this on ebay - may be of interest
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tudor-Aut...Rg7:rk:21:pf:0

Master
    Form a separate account with your online banking and label it Tudor repair fund... Transfer £8.33 per month and in ten years when it needs service you’ll have £1000

If it’s still perfect and you want rid of it you’ll have the next Watch savings account sat there. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    mmmm nice greasy finger prints on the movements.

Interesting... Anyone used them? Nice page on their site on Rolex bracelet pin replacement.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    mmmm nice greasy finger prints on the movements.
    It could be argued that handling the movement with ‘greasy fingers’ is OK prior to cleaning. Any residues will be removed by the cleaning process.

I don’t know how good the guy is, but I can’t understand why he’s so cheap. Most repairers have plenty of work and they charge substantially more than he does. I have to question how/why. The adverts on ebay imply that the price includes parts, and that makes the prices look far too cheap in my opinion.

At these prices I’d expect him to be snowed under with work.

Paul

Why on earth did he get his friend the blacksmith to hold the watch? ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I'm somewhere on the spectrum between frugal and tight, yet I've reached the point in my "journey" (cringe) where more and more I'm having my head turned by Tudors.

However, one reason I do not like in house movements is being tied to a potentially profiteering company who can set any price they want for ownership. It's like a ticking time-bomb to me, and the fact this particular brand is tied to the most absurd parent company of all is really putting me off.

I'm thinking a Black Bay Bronze, but what is the actual basic cost of servicing this at RSC? Does anybody know?
    Black Bay Bronze service is currently £215.00 but that is without a refurbishment of the case which can be requested for an additional fee of about £65 if memory serves me. Comes back with a one-year guarantee too.

Some who 'service' merely dunk the main part of the movement but don't strip down the parts. This is legitimate to an extent (esp if mainspring is replaced and they re-oil the parts) but is not the same quality as a proper strip down service like the professionals on here, or the service centre, will do. You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchypirate View Post
    Black Bay Bronze service is currently £215.00 but that is without a refurbishment of the case which can be requested for an additional fee of about £65 if memory serves me. Comes back with a one-year guarantee too.
    Thank you. Strangely affordable sounding.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Form a separate account with your online banking and label it Tudor repair fund... Transfer £8.33 per month and in ten years when it needs service you’ll have £1000

If it’s still perfect and you want rid of it you’ll have the next Watch savings account sat there. HTH
    Good idea that