closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Deep Sea Blue bracelet question

Question New Deep Sea Blue bracelet question

Have a new Deep Sea Blue and the bracelet is somewhat "squeaky" if you rotate your wrist or shake your hand.....sounds like a "dry" type of squeaky noise if that makes sense? Anyone else got the same thing with a new Rolex and/or can recommend what to do? (never had an issue with a new Rolex at all.....)

Might just swing by St. James in the next few weeks unless anyone has a bright idea. Thanks in advance.

Grand Master
    Just wear it in the shower, the whole range can do it when new.
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Have a new Deep Sea Blue and the bracelet is somewhat "squeaky" if you rotate your wrist or shake your hand.....sounds like a "dry" type of squeaky noise if that makes sense? Anyone else got the same thing with a new Rolex and/or can recommend what to do? (never had an issue with a new Rolex at all.....)

Might just swing by St. James in the next few weeks unless anyone has a bright idea. Thanks in advance.
    I took my BLNR in to St. James for the same reason. Was told, as Kerry said, it's perfectly normal.

Master
    Perfectly normal. My 116600, 126600 and 126660 all squeak(ed).

Don’t think the fakers have replicated this yet!

In fact the Rolex Squeak is quite well renound!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh also, for God Sake don't do what I did once and spray a bit of WD onto the bracelet. The squeak stopped but I had a horrible, greasy wrist for weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Just wear it in the shower, the whole range can do it when new.
    Aye.

Owl1
    My two don't squeak ,they must be fakes.

Craftsman
    Just wash it in some fairy liquid and get some of the solution in between the kinks with a soft tooth brush.
    The tolerances of the bracelet links are so precise the friction causes the problem.

Master
    Funny you mention this as the last one I bought seemed to squeak for a while as well, then stopped. Probably after being washed.

Thanks for the helpful replies guys. As I said just have never had this with any new Rolex before so I (and the AD) were a little confused.

Master
    What is the bracelet like on the new one? I have had 2 of the older model as I really like the idea of the dssd but can’t get on with them due to imo the bracelet being to thin at the lug area. Just doesn’t suit my wrists which is a shame as other wise it’s the perfect watch for me!

I read that the new ones are wider at the top, care to comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    When I bought my 114060 last December, against my wife's advice, she remarked how squeaky and cheap it sounded.

Luckily a few showers later it stopped squeaking and I was able to confirm to her that it was in fact an Uber watch just as I'd told her (before the unauthorised purchase).

Miss that watch now. Doh.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

I have a new d-blue and have the same issue... soapy washing helps, but appears to be temporary. I'll be buying a rubber b or similar as soon as someone launches one for the updated model!

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    What is the bracelet like on the new one? I have had 2 of the older model as I really like the idea of the dssd but can’t get on with them due to imo the bracelet being to thin at the lug area. Just doesn’t suit my wrists which is a shame as other wise it’s the perfect watch for me!

I read that the new ones are wider at the top, care to comment?

Yes, 22mm lug width and generally better proportioned. Different enough that it might be worth revisiting.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I must resist...... My Mrs has threatened to chop something off if I buy a third one and still don’t like it!!

Just out of interest, you guys who have a new one. Did you get from AD’s, were you on a list (and how long if so)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Thanks for the helpful replies guys. As I said just have never had this with any new Rolex before so I (and the AD) were a little confused.
    That’s probably because you’ve usually flipped them so quickly. ;)

I must resist...... My Mrs has threatened to chop something off if I buy a third one and still don’t like it!!

Just out of interest, you guys who have a new one. Did you get from AD’s, were you on a list (and how long if so)

Thanks!

I flew out to Belgium to buy mine from a private seller who wanted RRP+costs (Euro RRP is a little higher than here, but still a pretty good deal to avoid the wait or premium). I was given the tip by a forum member here.

I live a bit far from you, but you'd be welcome to come and take a look and try it on if you want. It's a worn watch, no precious safe queen!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ...Don’t think the fakers have replicated this yet!
    Actually it would appear that they have... I just Googled it and came across this thread https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/286583...-bracelet.html

I want to respond with "let it squeak, it makes your fake Rolox, sorry..... replica Rolox.... more convincing"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2 View Post
    I flew out to Belgium to buy mine from a private seller who wanted RRP+costs (Euro RRP is a little higher than here, but still a pretty good deal to avoid the wait or premium). I was given the tip by a forum member here.

I live a bit far from you, but you'd be welcome to come and take a look and try it on if you want. It's a worn watch, no precious safe queen!
    I like the commitment!! I appreciate the offer but I managed to convince the Mrs I needed an AP in my life, this might be a big step to far. Always next year though (although I am assuming it would need to be WAY over RRP!)

Good thread :) I was worried as my SD50 was squeaking this weekend on it's first trip out of it's box, mind now at ease!

I like the commitment!! I appreciate the offer but I managed to convince the Mrs I needed an AP in my life, this might be a big step to far. Always next year though (although I am assuming it would need to be WAY over RRP!)

You best get on the waiting lists now, then!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2 View Post
    You best get on the waiting lists now, then!
    I know it’s the norm but something about having to beg a company to sell me a watch just puts me right off!

I miss my squeak now haha

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think all my new Rolex have squeaked out the box. A quick shower sorted each one!