closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Wow and Drive the Deal

Car Wow and Drive the Deal

Good morning,

I've never used Car Wow or Drive the Deal. The time has come to have a look.

I'm looking for advice from anybody who has taken this route before.

Did you use one site or both sites?

One site, because both attract quotes from the same range of dealers?

Or

Both sites, because each site tends to attract its own different range of dealers?

Thanks for any advice.

Master
    I used Carwow to buy a Mazda for my wife. Best price came from my local dealer so it was all very easy.

When I bought my Audi, the best price came from a dealer a long distance away, so I used that price to negotiate with my local guy.

It all works very well.

Craftsman
    I used DTD a good few years back and the process has changed I believe , back them you bought the car from THEM , they then sourced it from, a dealer where you could collect, CARWOW is more like a dating service connecting you with dealers who will provide you with a price.

I bought my Octavia via CARWOW , as the local dealer would offer either a discount for cash OR the 2.9% apr finance , not both and even then the discount wasn't great , saved about 15% from list using another dealer about 50 miles away via carwow, all went fine , ultimately its an introduction you can still negotiate from there ime

Bought my SEAT Leon with DTD a few months ago. They do some extremely good deals, and if this happens to be the exact model you're after then it feels like you've just won the lottery (I got 25% off list price). DTD will deliver free within the UK (the SEAT dealership they use is in Ashford Kent), whereas Carwow get dealers to compete for your business. I'd hoped to use my DTD and Carwow quotes to get a local dealer to match it, but was simply told that they couldn't match the DTD quote as they'd just be losing money on the sale (which is fair enough). The only problem I had was the very long wait between ordering and delivery (due to demand across the VW group for the 1.4 ECOtsi 150 engine...and a few other things as well). This wasn't a problem for myself at the time, but I wouldn't want to wait that long again.

Master
    I use both for quotes, usually but not always DTD is best though.

I bought my XC60 back in 2011 through the DTD and could't recommend them more highly, no issues at all.

However my last two cars I have bought directly from my local dealer as they have been more than happy to match or exceed the DTD/CarWow quotes.

Thanks for the answers and explanation of the differences. I think I need to fix the spec and then try both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem I see with Car Wow is that it sends you the best 5 quotes of the dealers that get back to turn the quickest. Which may not be the best deals.

DTD have pre agreed pricing.

I would always check both.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    We bought our Q5 via CarWow, and discount was around 14%. It was also the geographically closest dealer, so all very easy.

The only thing to be wary of is that if the spec differs when you're in the showroom/ changing the spec/ ordering a pre-delivered one, then they may try to wriggle on the original deal. They are easily persuaded to match it though.

As has been said above, with some negotiating, the discounts are a starting point. I was surprised how easy it was, certainly saved a lot of hassle. Worst part was that the dealer we'd bought our previous 3 Audi's from always came back with the worst discount, so not sure how much we could have saved over the years had the website been around then!

Whatever the best price is from Car Wow or DtD just take a print out to your local dealer and they will match it don't worry, if you're feeling cheeky ask them to beat it to. Service packs thrown in are easy for them.

Never purchased via CarWow but as above used it to show my locals dealers and have them beat it!

Would add on a recent deal the best coming via carwow was around £1000-£2000 off yet direct with dealer managed £7k plus a couple of free options ticked!

cars2buy is my start point as it checks a lot of lesser-known sites.

Broadspeed and coast2coast always worth a gander. CarWow I've never had come anywhere near the lowest price price elsewhere.

Used DTD within the last three months to buy and AutoEbid previously and cannot fault either, both just put you directly in touch with the supplying dealer.

Master
    I have used Car Wow and no complaints all seemed to work well. But next time will also explore some of the recommendations above!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Whatever the best price is from Car Wow or DtD just take a print out to your local dealer and they will match it don't worry, if you're feeling cheeky ask them to beat it to. Service packs thrown in are easy for them.
    What if the best quote is your local dealer?
    Just ordered a new car, my local dealer was second best and I got them to match the best quote no problem- couldn’t get anything further off though although the discount of new price was 21%.

Used car wows quote to get the best deal for my son from local dealer and also wife’s car.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I found that not to be the case a couple of years ago when I bought a new golf. Depends on how keen for business your local dealers are I suppose - and some weren’t at all bothered from what I recall.

Of the 3 local main dealers that I visited, none could get anywhere near the price that I eventually paid through DTD. One wouldn’t even discuss it, and said outright that they wouldn’t even attempt to compete.