I love to have a mini project on the go. I like to put my hands to good use and enjoy learning new skills along the way.

I guess that there are plenty of similarly minded gentlefolk in the TZUK family and thought an ongoing thread to share your weekend mini projects might be fun. So please continue the thread with your own mini projects, they might inspire others

I’m not talking house extensions and rebuilding old Jag E-Types, just the mini projects that you have been enjoying.

To kick things off this was my mini project this weekend.

First I stripped all the varnish from the leather handle of this Estwing Axe until I had raw leather. Then burnished with gum trag until a mirror shine was achieved few coats of beeswax and the handle was sorted.

Then I made a one off sheath for the axe from some horween leather that I’d bought and made a couple of watch straps with. Saddle stitched with a Sam Browne stud for the strap. I think I t turned out pretty well.

Axe sharpened and head brushed to make it look nice and the mini project is complete. Just a few hours, but an enjoyable little weekend project.

Let’s see what you’ve been up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk