closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Film on Netflix.....Wonder

Film on Netflix.....Wonder

Not sure if you've seen it but if you get a chance there's currently the most fantastic film on Netflix.
    You think it's going to be based around a young man who has some facial scarring but the film goes way past that. Not wanting to give too much away but IMO it's the best film I've seen for years.

I watched this the other day, wasn’t what I expected either. Thought it was brilliant.

Owl1
    Will watch it later ..cheers

I'll check that out later.

Got to be better than the zombie nuclear mutant shark attack vampire ghost story rubbish that I'm usually subjected to.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Saw that on there yesterday. I'll give it a watch.

This sounds intriguing I’ll definitely give it a go.

Hopefully it will remind me of From Dusk ‘Til Dawn, which I went into with no idea about where it was going!

Thanks for the heads up. 👍😃👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Hopefully it will remind me of From Dusk ‘Til Dawn, which I went into with no idea about where it was going!
    I remember being sat in the cinema watching that. Jaw dropping when it switches.

Blog Entries
    Brilliant film, and great book. Heartwarming, well composed, great Julia Roberts with some wrinkles.

Finally got around to watching Wonder with the misses last night and tbh, we both thought it very meh.

Don’t get me wrong, we quite like the genre, but think there are much better examples which don’t get a look in as they don’t have big stars, films such as... Who’s Driving Doug, The Fundamentals of Caring, and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.

They all deal with pretty heavy stuff, but have far more depth than Wonder which is a bit ‘gooey’ and I can’t help feeling that it’s rated so highly because you’re not meant to say you don’t like it, all a bit ‘emperor’s new clothes’.

All just IMO of course, but do watch the others to see what I mean, especially The Fundamentals of Caring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We really enjoyed it. As often is the case, it differs a bit from the book (which is excellent) but is worth a watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    This sounds intriguing I’ll definitely give it a go.

Me too, also remember sitting in the cinema thinking "I didn't expect that" when Salma turned into a vampire!
    Still one of my favourite films.

Craftsman
    I got home from work yesterday and could tell the Mrs had been crying, turns out she’d watched this. Never heard of it but she’s a hard faced b**ch so must be something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by anz3001 View Post
    I got home from work yesterday and could tell the Mrs had been crying, turns out she’d watched this. Never heard of it but she’s a hard faced b**ch so must be something in it.
    I don't generally tend to get that emotional over films but this nearly had me got to be honest.
    I think the film gently reminds us theres so more more going on in your/our lives than the stuff we can see.

Master
    That was beautiful. Thank you OP

Craftsman
    Thanks currently away working so need something to keep me busy in the evenings, I'll check it out.

After seeing this thread a couple of days ago we watched it last night. I found it ok but not exactly a classic. Very watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenw View Post
    Finally got around to watching Wonder with the misses last night and tbh, we both thought it very meh.

Don’t get me wrong, we quite like the genre, but think there are much better examples which don’t get a look in as they don’t have big stars, films such as... Who’s Driving Doug, The Fundamentals of Caring, and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.

They all deal with pretty heavy stuff, but have far more depth than Wonder which is a bit ‘gooey’ and I can’t help feeling that it’s rated so highly because you’re not meant to say you don’t like it, all a bit ‘emperor’s new clothes’.

All just IMO of course, but do watch the others to see what I mean, especially The Fundamentals of Caring.

While I think there was more depth in some of those other films, I just didn't see the same number of emotional pulls in them that Wonder managed to pull off.

I don't think it's an all time classic, but it's the first film for quite a while that pulled me into feeling so strongly for the character in a number of interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I don't generally tend to get that emotional over films but this nearly had me got to be honest.
    I think the film gently reminds us theres so more more going on in your/our lives than the stuff we can see.
    Absolutely!
    It's just a matter of time...

I watched this last night after reading this thread, I think maybe it raised my expectations a little too high

Still, it beats strictly

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Watched this last night too, and enjoyed it. Thanks OP.

Master
    Also watched this last night, it was just OK for me. I could see what they were trying to do but it was all a little obvious and cliched for my liking. A bit like they were trying to extract my tears/emotions in any way possible by throwing everything into one film (even a sad dog scene....). Wasn’t awful but certainly not a memorable film.

I did think Julia Roberts was excellent though and reminded me of why she was such a big star.

Watched it last night and thought it was lightweight fluff. Not bad but I'd rather have watched something else.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".