closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Owning a Speedy Pro and a FOIS....

Craftsman

Owning a Speedy Pro and a FOIS....

A long story short, bought a PO, then bought a Speedy Pro. The Speedy Pro has impressed me so much in so many ways and I now prefer smaller watches to the larger dive watches.
    The PO will soon be gone and I am considering a FOIS to complement my Speedy Pro.

Are they too similar? Ive tried on a FOIS today and really like it. Alternatives would be something like a Rolex Explorer, but that wears even smaller than the FOIS and not quite sure I could get on with it.
    Or, an Omega Aqua Terra 15m Co-Axial is my other choice, was thinking the silver dial version, but in person, its not quite as white as I would like, which then leaves the blue Dial or the black dial. The AT would have to be on leather, I think it looks a lot better on leather.

Anyway, enough rambling, who owns a Speedy Pro and a FOIS and do you get enjoyment from both or do you end up wearing one more than the other?

Too similar for me but plenty here will attest to having many variants of one style. If it’s your one watch I think the second watch should bring something new to the table.

Craftsman
    I understand PO is Planet Ocean, but I’m not familiar with FOIS, can you explain for those of us less aware of the territory, please?

Master
    I have a couple of Speedy Pros, well actually 3, plus one in bits. As well as these I had an original 1962 2998-6, which is the same case size & shape as the FOIS. I sold it to another forum member because it didn't get worn enough. It wasn't because it was smaller, I just don't like the shape of the case at all. It is now worth a small fortune and that's honestly the only reason I have any regret about letting it go. I think you will be totally underwhelmed by a FOIS.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by threescoops View Post
    I understand PO is Planet Ocean, but I’m not familiar with FOIS, can you explain for those of us less aware of the territory, please?
    First Omega In Space

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    I have a couple of Speedy Pros, well actually 3, plus one in bits. As well as these I had an original 1962 2998-6, which is the same case size & shape as the FOIS. I sold it to another forum member because it didn't get worn enough. It wasn't because it was smaller, I just don't like the shape of the case at all. It is now worth a small fortune and that's honestly the only reason I have any regret about letting it go. I think you will be totally underwhelmed by a FOIS.
    I hold the opposite view and much prefer how the straight lug models look and wear. I have a couple of each and prefer the 38-39mm FOIS size to the Pro case. The dial and bezel are of course exactly the same size on both, it’s really only the mid case which differs in size. Another option if you are leaning towards a smaller case is the 38mm Seamaster 60th Anni LE. That also feels great on the wrist vs the over chunky PO designs.

Journeyman
    Do consider the broad arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perhaps you could consider a ck2998. Was on the verge of going for a FOIS but found this instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The ck2998’s a stunning, I really like the latest version with the red seconds hand. But they are expensive compared to the regular FOIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I hold the opposite view and much prefer how the straight lug models look and wear. I have a couple of each and prefer the 38-39mm FOIS size to the Pro case. The dial and bezel are of course exactly the same size on both, it’s really only the mid case which differs in size. Another option if you are leaning towards a smaller case is the 38mm Seamaster 60th Anni LE. That also feels great on the wrist vs the over chunky PO designs.
    The dial is different, it's subtle but less busy. And personally, I don't like the milky ring you get at the circumference of the sapphire. Hesalite has its downsides, but it looks lovely!

I'd be tempted to have one of the trilogy 1957 speedmasters, rather than a pro and a fois

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WarrenVrs; 2nd October 2018 at 09:16.

Your thoughts of an AT to go with the Speedy seems like a better option. The AT being the slightly dressier for occasions when required.

Craftsman
    Ideally I would like to own a Rolex Explorer, but I think they look too small on my wrist.
    What do you think?

Look fine to me.

It fits perfectly.

Craftsman

Owning a Speedy Pro and a FOIS....

That’s looks great to me - my brother has an explorer and at first he thought it was undersized, but now he won’t wear anything else (watch-wise...)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Personally I'd have only the FOIS and not the speedy pro. I see a lot of them about and they don't seem to be any more durable. Then I'd add an Explorer I to the mix.

That Explorer looks exquisite. I’m bias as I am already the proud owner of a 214270 and love it.

Suits you Sir.

The above is how mine sits. Wears so well.

Apprentice
    I think that is how a watch is supposed to look on a wrist, says he currently wearing a 35mm Nomos

Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    Ideally I would like to own a Rolex Explorer, but I think they look too small on my wrist.
    What do you think?
    No, it looks spot on. I have an Explorer and a Speedy and the latter is the absolute limit size-wise. 7” flat wrist

A Speedy and an Explorer - a perfect match in my book.

Craftsman
    FOIS is far too similar to the Speedmaster IMHO. Explorer looks really good on your wrist, Aqua Terra is another option.

I've had a Pro previously and now own an FOIS. I like both, but prefer the slimmer case of the FOIS.

You might find this of interest....

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...highlight=FOIS

Cheers
    Last edited by wadsy; 3rd October 2018 at 15:38.