closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaeger LeCoultre Discounts??

Blog Entries

Jaeger LeCoultre Discounts??

Chaps,

We all have them regrets and after selling my JLC Hometime nearly two years ago and a WTB running since January this year with no contenders of choice, I have decided that buying a new Reserve De Marche is fast becoming a consideration to get a JLC back in the collection.

I have seen reference of discounts offered on new JLC's but does anyone have any recent first hand experience??

Ta
    Pitch

Despite the relative weakness of the pound, you still seem to be able to get the best prices from European grey dealers (via chrono24)

I have been looking at a new master control, and all of the U.K. outlets are a significant amount more.

Journeyman
    I'm mulling over the Master Ultra Thin Réserve de Marche as well with the blue face.. 20% off seems to be standard. I got 17% off my Cartier Santos new model via a well know Grey Market dealer.

Craftsman
    Email a selection of JLC AD's and just ask what the best price they can offer you is. IME family owned jewellers are more receptive than large chains, although even large chains usually knock 10% off without too much effort. I have not done this with JLC but had good success with other brands.

I told you you'd miss that Paul. Should have listened to your uncle dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    The most effective way can be to visit an AD; make it clear that you are a genuine buyer, and , politely, ask for a solid discount. As said, family owned businesses are usually best. But actually being in the store, and not on the phone, makes the difference.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks chaps and yep Unc you were right

Ta

Master
    There is a decent selection in Heathrow if you happen to be passing through - that is the equivalent VAT discount

Blog Entries
    Chaps,

Just resurrecting this one as 2019 is here and the new purchase has gone through the full approval process and has been authorised by the bank of Mrs P.

So, I can get a cracking deal of £5,495.00 for a new watch which is a fantastic saving from the RRP of £7,500.00, is this the about the best I will do??

Also, I will be flying from Heathrow later in the Spring, will there be a better saving had there???

Thoughts all??

Ta
    Pitch

Master
    Watches sell for what they are worth.....there are no ‘bargains’ .

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Utter tosh.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I was considering buying a standard SS master control date (Model 1548420) in late 2017.

I think ticket price was circa £5800 and having a good relationship (+10years) with the AD I am almost certain I could have had the watch (which was in stock) for about £4100 cash on the day.

That would have been about 30% discount but I stress that was on the back of a good relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rAOyh7YmEc

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your valued input.

I cannot recall asking for a 'bargain' just purely asking if there are any other routes to market that may save a few quid or if the presently quoted deal was considered good value by folk who may be far better averse to purchasing this said brand than myself. Just that.

Many thanks once again

Pitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I was considering buying a standard SS master control date (Model 1548420) in late 2017.

I think ticket price was circa £5800 and having a good relationship (+10years) with the AD I am almost certain I could have had the watch (which was in stock) for about £4100 cash on the day.

That would have been about 30% discount but I stress that was on the back of a good relationship.
    Great stuff buddy and thank you. On the basis of this the level of discount I have been offered seems reasonable.

Ta
    Pitch

Master
    Price in Heathrow would be £6,250

Journeyman
    wonder if I could find a blue face Polaris with c. 30% off? Would definitely be interested at c. £4k

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    wonder if I could find a blue face Polaris with c. 30% off? Would definitely be interested at c. £4k
    You have a PM.

Ta
    Pitch

I’ve been thinking of adding a Reverso for a number of years but something else always took precedence. Once shops open I’ll be visiting a few ADs to try the different versions.
    I am thinking of a duo face mode. Probably the small seconds large or tribute.
    Are reasonable discounts as suggested above still available?

Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I’ve been thinking of adding a Reverso for a number of years but something else always took precedence. Once shops open I’ll be visiting a few ADs to try the different versions.
    I am thinking of a duo face mode. Probably the small seconds large or tribute.
    Are reasonable discounts as suggested above still available?
    If the 90th anniversary models announced in a couple of weeks are popular I imagine a decent discount will be easy to get on an existing model

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the new models. I hope they issue an ultra thin duo face. I recall seeing such a model a few years ago, no longer in the catalogue.

The thing is you’re probably only going to get ‘bigger’ discounts on the less desirable or difficult to shift models, Not on newer stuff.
    I’d still like to know if any discounts were to be had on the Mariner Memovox but nothing doing at the moment for me anyway

Master
    More than two years after I wrote that..it still seems true to me. Watches sell at the price the market can achieve. Sellers have to ask a price someone will pay.
    These days, I buy only new Rolex, at retail from a UK AD. Timid perhaps, and difficult, but safe as houses.......and then I wear and enjoy them.
    Last edited by paskinner; 28th March 2021 at 16:27.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the new models. I hope they issue an ultra thin duo face. I recall seeing such a model a few years ago, no longer in the catalogue.
    I've got one of those...released in 2013, eventually plucked up the courage to buy one in 2016, I think it was discontinued in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I've got one of those...released in 2013, eventually plucked up the courage to buy one in 2016, I think it was discontinued in 2018.
    I presume this is the white face , black indices with the ‘Reverso’ text as opposed to JLC. Fantastic watch, I am surprised they didn’t continue with these ultra thin models.

Blog Entries
    These guys gave me some cracking prices a couple of years ago.

https://www.officialwatches.com/coll...eger-lecoultre

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    These guys gave me some cracking prices a couple of years ago.

https://www.officialwatches.com/coll...eger-lecoultre

Pitch
    Thanks

I read their FAQ, interesting how they keep the costs down. I’ll ask for a quote once I have tried on the different models at an AD.

I presume this is the white face , black indices with the ‘Reverso’ text as opposed to JLC. Fantastic watch, I am surprised they didn’t continue with these ultra thin models.
    Yes it was, they did a boutique edition at the same time with blue lacquer dial (no seconds) and cream dial on the back

The JLC boutique said they would've been able to do something but that was after I'd said I'd just bought it from the Watch Gallery at Westfield
    Last edited by Rob; 31st March 2021 at 21:17.

Craftsman
    I'm looking at a Reverso as my wedding watch, so keen to get my name on the papers. What levels of discount are people getting from AD's? The boutique were having none of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    I'm looking at a Reverso as my wedding watch, so keen to get my name on the papers. What levels of discount are people getting from AD's? The boutique were having none of it!
    I’ve never tried to barter with a local dealer for JLC, but I keep an eye on Reverso prices on Chrono24. Watches of Mayfair always seem to be the keenest in the UK but the discounts rarely stretch very far beyond 10% off, eg Reverso Classic RRP £5K offered at £4294.

I got 10% off my Reverso, and a free OEM strap that I hadn’t asked for and that they had to order in, from Watch Gallery in Westfield in 2016…the same day I walked in to the JLC boutique and got round to mentioning my purchase with discount and the sales person said that they would’ve been able to do something too, although it’s easy to say when you know it’s too late.

I enquired with Watches World , they offered a Reverso for approximately 20% discount. There is however a wait for the watch.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies. Watches world looks very hard to beat - I’ve dropped them a message.

Thanks for the replies. Watches world looks very hard to beat - I’ve dropped them a message.
    I recently bought a Breitling premier from them via chrono24. Great service, the watch came with all stickers intact. I would recommend them.

Master
    About 15% is achievable. Berry’s are good to deal with and happy to negotiate.

I’ve previously commented about WW on another thread that I recently (4 months ago?) bought my JLC Polaris from them and it was a great price and good service. The only slight negative is that the 3 week wait turned into about 4/5 but it was definitely worth it.

The discount was actually in the region of 30%, which was obviously very good but importantly, it negated my concerns for the well known JLC value drop after purchasing new. This has been borne out by the value that Chrono24 tells me it is worth as soon as it is owned!

JLC do make lovely trinkets but it’s a shame that their value drops so readily - but that’s another discussion for another day!