closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member with the most watches

According to my database, currently 255, but I'm sure that there are some that I haven't entered on there.

Some rather alarming addiction problems on here .

Apprentice
    I have 4, thinking of selling the more expensive ones as I probably only wear them once or twice per year. Seems silly to own them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    According to my database, currently 255, but I'm sure that there are some that I haven't entered on there.
    255? Sounds like the limitation of a very old database!

Craftsman
    I've been a member here for over 11 years.

From 2007-2017 only one mechanical watch, my Sinn U2..... since last year I have added a Sinn U 1000, Sinn 103 and a Stowa Klassic 90th Anniversary Sport.

I'm now just wearing the Sinn U2 and the Stowa.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Johnbaz, the answer is Johnbaz.

This. The man doesn't have a house, he has a Tardis!!

I peaked a couple of years ago at around 90 (almost all Seiko) and currently have about 50, but at least half of those are listed on ebay. When something sells, I buy the next one.
    To be honest it seems more of an illness than a hobby...

Craftsman
    I had one watch when I joined here - a Tag Aquaracer that I’d had since 2011. Since joining, I have bought an Omega Speedmaster '57, a Metal G-Shock (don’t know what model but solar/radio thingy), a Seiko dress watch, an Omega SMPc 300M and a Christopher Ward C5 slimline. Still looking for a decent birth year watch but being born in 1957, I’ve ruled out any Speedmasters from that year.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    255? Sounds like the limitation of a very old database!
    Cardbox (https://www.cardbox.com/) can handle far far more than 255 records. I'm afraid that the limitation is entirely with my data entry!

Master

Not any more!!

I used to have maybe 100 or thereabouts for many years but none of more than maybe £3-500 worth individually but that was actually too many and I literally wore maybe 2-3 of them?!?!
    I now have 7 that work and another 5 or so that don’t and also some spares watches?!?!

I don’t think I’ll ever get back to how many I had as I’d rather go for quality than quantity?? I would say that for me I have seen a very nice collection from a member on here who lives in Beccles and he’s the reason I have metal flight cases for mine now as he had 3 I think from memory and each was full to the brim with stunning vintage Chronos etc
    Can’t remember his username but I would say his wife didn’t have a clue what they were worth 🤣🤣👍🏻

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Sidh a new member has 48 watches .I wonder if anyone can claim to own more than that ?
    I also wonder what the TZ average is .
    I myself have 8.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Quality not quantity!

Just over a year ago, I did a SOTC for my own benefit, and discovered over 75 (working) pieces.

That's now down to 40, I'd like to get closer to 20...

I could have sworn I had less than 10. Have counted and it is 16. Of those 6 have sentimental value and will never go, I like all the others and wear them regularly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    To be honest it seems more of an illness than a hobby...
    A line that could serve some of us as an email signature

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I have a modest colleciton of 13 functioning, and 10 broken (accumulated from various places over the years).

I have, however, collated all of the watches I have owned since I was struck down by this affliction in Feb 2013, which numbers a still quite modest 150. I have also categorised by manufacturer, to wit: 28 Seikos, 14 Orients, 10 G-shocks, 12 Omegas, 2 Rolex and no less than 4 Glycine Combat Subs.

Craftsman
    This thread has the medicinal effect of making me feel normal

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeott View Post
    I could have sworn I had less than 10. Have counted and it is 16. Of those 6 have sentimental value and will never go, I like all the others and wear them regularly.

That's the trouble - I've got at least 10 which I could never sell as they were given to me as presents, or inherited from family or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Having maxed out at 27 I’m currently at 13, partly due to ‘trading up’ (selling several to fund the purchase of one better one) and partly the result of realising more clearly where my interests lie.

I have two 12-slot watch boxes. So since one watch is always on my wrist, my second watch box is now used to house all my spare straps.

And yes, I do wear all 13...

Simon
    Apparently I can't count. It's actually 14.

Now they don't all fit just using one watch box. Rats...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by russell_ View Post
    I have 4, thinking of selling the more expensive ones as I probably only wear them once or twice per year. Seems silly to own them.
    Err, you do know this is a watch forum, don't you?! Nobody needs more than one watch, really...

Simon

Blog Entries
    Depends on who's asking - I haven't counted recently but estimate at around 45-50. If the wife asks, it's around half that.

Master
    And I thought I had a problem 😂

Master
    22 at last count, I think! A GO perpetual calendar & a GMT BLNR or BLRO and I'm done.

Master
    I was well into 60 maybe 70 watches until recently, it all got a bit overwhelming to be honest and in a funny way wasn’t helping with some slight mental health issues I’ve been dealing with.
    Have thinned down quite a bit now with more to go, going to keep a core selection and take the hobby into a different direction, maybe some modding or self taught watch repair rather than just hoarding

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Johnbaz, the answer is Johnbaz.
    Agreed,100%

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
    I was well into 60 maybe 70 watches until recently, it all got a bit overwhelming to be honest and in a funny way wasn’t helping with some slight mental health issues I’ve been dealing with.
    Have thinned down quite a bit now with more to go, going to keep a core selection and take the hobby into a different direction, maybe some modding or self taught watch repair rather than just hoarding
    It’s never too much

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app