closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribbean w/TripLock Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    This was my first thought too on seeing the dial options. A black/blue bezel could work really well to tone down the yellow and orange dials. The orange bezel might also work quite well with the black or blue dials (a la Planet Ocean).

On similar or smaller production runs, the Halios Seaforth was able to offer dial, bezel and date/no-date options, so it would be great if Eddie were able to also. That said, in contrast to TZ, the Halios business model effectively works on upfront selling of the whole production run. I presume offering bezel flexibility would come at the cost of either eating into profit margins or increased retail price.
    When it all works on pre-orders, it's easy to get the numbers right. When you don't work on pre-orders, it's guesswork.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nyonya View Post
    I really love the orange variant, but wish it was waterproof to 300m and 12mm thick - I don't think the rest of me could hit 100 atm underwater!
    I agree with this. Don't see the point of the watch being 1000m water resistant and really thick ... 1000 ft and 12mm much better !

At the currently proposed case height it is pretty much a non-starter for the smaller wrist ...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    I agree with this. Don't see the point of the watch being 1000m water resistant and really thick ... 1000 ft and 12mm much better !

At the currently proposed case height it is pretty much a non-starter for the smaller wrist ...
    I'm in the same boat. I'm actively searching for a bi-directional 12-hour bezel watch because I work with people in different time zones, but I don't need 1000 meter water resistance and never will.

The original is a bit of a contradiction: the case is made for serious diving, but the bezel is made for traveling.

Still both the original and the Smiths are gorgeous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marschv View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm actively searching for a bi-directional 12-hour bezel watch because I work with people in different time zones, but I don't need 1000 meter water resistance and never will.

The original is a bit of a contradiction: the case is made for serious diving, but the bezel is made for traveling.

Still both the original and the Smiths are gorgeous.
    I think there are a few in the same boat. I would love to see Eddie keep this watch as thin as possible. I think the last spec showed 30ATM so there's hope for us yet.

Hi Eddie, it has been a while since the last post on this design....any further update? Have you decided whether to go through with the project? Ta Tim

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Please Please make this happen. I’ve regretted selling my O&W 702 Caribbean numerous times and to have a modern equivalent would be amazing!

Sign me up now!

I agree, both the yellow and the orange are screaming "Here is your summer watch!" at me - can we please have them in time for summer????

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I agree, both the yellow and the orange are screaming "Here is your summer watch!" at me - can we please have them in time for summer????

Dave
    Too late now.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Too late now.

Eddie
    But it is coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    But it is coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's still a project but it's not the next one.

Eddie

Master
    It's still a project but it's not the next one.

Eddie
    Tease....

I too would like to see this happen.
    Yellow or blue dial for me (Yellow is most likely)

Journeyman
    The sort of watch I like and I would be keen to buy a blue one.

"Smiths Caribbean 1000 dive watch - September/October 2019."

Great to hear. I guess I need to start saving.

I’m in for one if there’s a no-date option. Still never found a use for the date function when underwater.

I'm following this post keenly, it'll be either the orange or the yellow for me. Probably yellow.

Master
    Could someone with image manipulation skills please mock up a yellow one with the blue bezel, I think it would be a corker.

This might be of interest. It certainly caught my eye, wish it was UK based so I might have a chance to see it in person.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202659440474

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhat View Post
    I’m in for one if there’s a no-date option. Still never found a use for the date function when underwater.
    The reason watches like the old Sea Dweller have a date is because it's a useful complication when you're on a boat at sea, for decompression, etc. The date complication makes a dive watch more of a tool, not less of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Could someone with image manipulation skills please mock up a yellow one with the blue bezel, I think it would be a corker.
    I think you're onto something there....

Yellow and blue.jpg

Master
    Many thanks, re-posting as an image rather than a link:

Please Eddie, consider this.

That's lovely.

Master
    That does look nice. Wonder what other combinations might work well from the colours already posted??
    I can imagine it would be very difficult for Eddie to supply a combination but maybe if we had the bezel inserts available we could get them changed to suit?
    Having said that, I think the options offered will be awesome anyway and maybe best left alone!!

Master
    I do like that colour combination.

Looks really nice.

Found this thread because I bought a caribbean 400 (impulse buy, don't ask). Nice to see this modern re editions coming to life, hopefully soon.

Craftsman
    I am liking the blue one a lot.... How did you come across some ETA-2824 movements? I thought they were too hard to source now?

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    This might be of interest. It certainly caught my eye, wish it was UK based so I might have a chance to see it in person.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202659440474
    Pretty small, looks like the ladies version

Master
    Re-read the thread and there is a question about the potential to supply different bezels and the answer was no, which is fair enough. Just thought I'd mention it as I asked the question earlier and then saw that it had already been asked and answered.

Master
    I was suggesting blue / yellow as a model in it's own right rather than a yellow with an alternative bezel fitted.

Apprentice

Since the description says "crystal: vintage sapphire," I'm assuming the case would be more like 12mm, with the last couple of millimeters being a result of the box crystal, no?

Master
    I was suggesting blue / yellow as a model in it's own right rather than a yellow with an alternative bezel fitted.
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

Journeyman

Wow, that does look good. It might be a better choice than the yellow w/yellow bezel. (Might also look good on the silver dial, instead of the black bezel.)

Do it!
    Do it!
    Do it!

Erm...if financially feasible.
    Last edited by BigBluefish; 26th April 2019 at 18:30.

Eddie

Master

Eddie
    Does that mean...???

Eddie
    On a black 'tropic' it will be a classic.

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Eddie
    THIS is a winner. You will sell a boatload of these. Now, excuse me. I have to go root through the couch cushions for loose change...

Master
    That looks fantastic Eddie!

Where do I sign?

Craftsman
    Yellow with blue bezel looks great, as would orange with black bezel.

But please make it in 12/13mm height as a Caribbean 1000 feet (rather than metres) ... 16mm height is just going to look top heavy and, frankly, a bit ridiculous ...

Master
    Nice one! :)

Apprentice
    I really like this yellow dial with blue bezel combination. It is going to be difficult to choose a version for this model.

But please make it in 12/13mm height as a Caribbean 1000 feet (rather than metres) ... 16mm height is just going to look top heavy and, frankly, a bit ridiculous ...
    I quite agree. A thin diver is far less common than rediculously High wr. I dont need more than 100m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gokce View Post
    I really like this yellow dial with blue bezel combination. It is going to be difficult to choose a version for this model.
    I'm of the Henry Ford school of thinking with this beauty.

Master

16mm does seem quite thick given the render sheet states its only rated at 300m. My sea dweller is 15.5mm I think, and it doesn't look ridiculous, but I'd rather it was thinner.

I agree. I sold my Citizen diver because at 15mm it looked daft even on my 8" wrist.

Master

Eddie
    Let out an audible "oooohhh" when I saw this. Was given some odd looks by my fellow passengers on the train that looks lovely.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

that colour combo does look mighty fine, silver and blue would also work I think.

Apprentice
    This is my first post here, and just felt compelled to add my vote to a Yellow-dial Caribbean. The design looks fantastic and very true to the original.
    I'd be happy with 38-39mm diameter, however the original was 40mm so all good. I would also prefer the yellow bezel, but again, blue looks great.

I agree with some of the comments about this being a tall watch, so anything around 12 would be nice. I read Eddie's earlier comment about thinner movements increasing the price, but I am not sure to what extent.

In a nutshell - if Eddie makes this yellow Caribbean, I will buy one. I am a very happy PRS29A (fixed bars) owner, so confident that this Caribbean will be of equal quality - hence will continue to watch this develop with interest!

Quote Originally Posted by njhinde View Post
    This is my first post here, and just felt compelled to add my vote to a Yellow-dial Caribbean. The design looks fantastic and very true to the original.
    I'd be happy with 38-39mm diameter, however the original was 40mm so all good. I would also prefer the yellow bezel, but again, blue looks great.

I agree with some of the comments about this being a tall watch, so anything around 12 would be nice. I read Eddie's earlier comment about thinner movements increasing the price, but I am not sure to what extent.

In a nutshell - if Eddie makes this yellow Caribbean, I will buy one. I am a very happy PRS29A (fixed bars) owner, so confident that this Caribbean will be of equal quality - hence will continue to watch this develop with interest!
    It's not the movement that makes it thick, it's the 1000 metre water resistance.

Eddie

Apprentice
    It's not the movement that makes it thick, it's the 1000 metre water resistance.

Eddie
    Thanks for the quick reply Eddie. I just read that the original Jenny 702 case was 16mm, so we can't really complain ;-)
    As said previously, this looks great, and I hope you make the yellow one !

Thanks a lot, Nick