closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Caribbean w/TripLock Tech

Threaded View

Master

Lightbulb Caribbean w/TripLock Tech

I caught sight of this on Watch Talk a bit ago (see post #9 and beyond on this thread below)
    >>>-------> https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...on-Kickstarter

Eddie,
    I very much hope you do start making Caribbean type front-loading monocoque case divers, and in a variety of sizes and styles (including pure classic and bezel-less, etc.), as I personally think that the Caribbean's technological case design is by far the very best ever developed for divers (and perhaps tool watches in general). I once read somebody on the net who said that the Jenny Caribbean Triple-Safe, in its case design, is "what the Rolex SeaDweller should have been".

That makes perfect sense to me and I'd add that it seems a watch case design genius in its simplicity and, I'd think, if properly done, as potentially strong or nearly so against tremendous external pressure compared to even the heavily hyped "RingLock" case design of the much more recent Rolex “DeepSea” SeaDweller. At the same time, though, I think that Rolex, to their lasting credit, long ago developed the very best tool watch crown/crown tube design ever devised with their TripLock OysterCrown, and putting it together with the front loading screw-down crystal Caribbean Triple-Safe mono-bloc case design would be, to me, state-of-the-art watch engineering perfection regardless of the age and venerability of both these famous technological designs.

A question would arise regarding a pairing of these two inventions given that the OysterCrown has a telescoping one-piece type stem, but it is still completely compatible with the front loading Caribbean case if a crown stem release access hole is simply but discreetly drilled through the periphery of the dial and, perhaps, though technically unnecessary, hidden under a chapter ring of sorts (as with Seiko's own MM300 take on the Caribbean design). I'd also think you'd be legally unhampered in any way by either Jenny or Rolex in the use of either techno design above given that their respective patent rights must have long since expired. I'd guess that naming or labeling them as such might be another matter, though, due any lingering copyright protections these companies may still retain.

By the way, Eddie, given the oversize concerns you've mentioned with the 1000m, maybe you could consider going with the less famous, but probably much more real-world practical Jenny Caribbean Triple-Safe 400m case size instead. I know that I would personally much prefer it and gladly trade what is perhaps the overkill depth rating of the 1000 for the, I think, far more daily useful compactness of the 400.

If anybody might think I'm just newly enthusiastic about the above, I've never forgotten posting on the subject over 5 years ago regarding the possible viability of a very comprehensively specificationed and truly purpose-built TF Smiths Caribbean, and I've been hoping ever since that you might consider such a project some day. In fact, Eddie, I think that if you ever decided to go at it all out with no real compromise like you did with your, I think, peerless and so incredibly beautifully done Roland K. manufactured original true-to-vintage specification version of the TF Smiths Military 36mm PRS-29A that, in effect, recreated, both inside and out, the iconic 4701 Smiths W10 of the late 1960's, the results of a Caribbean w/TripLock technology based TF watch project could easily turn out to be genuinely incredible as well.

For myself, I think that the potential for such a combining and integration of technology would be so good, great really, that a TF Smiths Caribbean Triple-Safe 400 diver with something like the classic (1960's Jaeger LaCoultre “Compressor” style?) dial pattern shown in the attached link below, and incorporating the highest “golden-era” vintage tool watch specs also mentioned in that post (i.e. full Faraday cage and OysterCrown specification crown & screwed tube) with added details like premium “best-of-both-worlds” self-threaded screwed lug bars, etc., etc., could technically and otherwise ultimately prove to be without peer as an all-around heavy-duty but still comfortably compact diver class superwatch pretty much able to deal with anything one might put it to, including going with formal wear in a pinch.

In other words, like the internet guy said in a nutshell, “what the Rolex SD should have been”, and without the strato-price and mass ubiquity of style

The pertaining post from 5/4/2013 that I referred to above is the last one (#50) on page 1 of the archived TZ-UK/Timefactors Watches thread linked below:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...st-got-hold-of

Thanks (ESPECIALLY IF YOU READ ALL THIS), Rollon
    Last edited by Rollon; 26th September 2018 at 18:25.