timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Analogue Photography

Analogue Photography

I know we have some non-digital photography fans here, who may be happy to know that Ektachrome has been re-released... https://www.kodak.com/US/en//corp/pr...ng/default.htm

From studio to location, fashion to landscapes.

New KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTACHROME Film E100 delivers outstanding image quality and performance:

Virtually grainless scans and enlargements
    Clean, bright whites
    Moderately enhanced color
    Neutral tone scale
    Outstanding skin tone reproduction

Q. Tell me more about the new E100 film?
    A. E100 is based off the old E100G formulation, and features moderately enhanced color saturation, a neutral tone scale, and extremely fine grain
    In 35mm and Super 8(!) format, so I could resurrect my cine camera too.

Do you self develop TT?

That sounds like one of either a Dr Who or Frazier episode! Oh photography? Only b/w. I do occasionally use reversal film, with some Velvia always in the 'fridge, but take it to the shop for processing. It seems Kodak are resurrecting this for film-makers as well as photogs, which is interesting. I am sure Christopher Nolan among others, will be delighted. Life left in film yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    That sounds like one of either a Dr Who or Frazier episode! Oh photography? Only b/w. I do occasionally use reversal film, with some Velvia always in the 'fridge, but take it to the shop for processing. It seems Kodak are resurrecting this for film-makers as well as photogs, which is interesting. I am sure Christopher Nolan among others, will be delighted. Life left in film yet.
    Haha - i see a new catch phrase in the making to rival the now ubiquitous 'Did it Dip?'

I ask as its frankly so difficult now in Europe - especially done well. I haven't gone analogue in a while but I had to send them to someone in Austria to get them done!

I'd certainly be interested in how it look in cine mode - Kodak are playing up the skin tones quite a bit.

AG Photolab in Birmingham are doing pre orders for it alongside developing FYI, got my name down for a roll to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm going to try some too. I have a lot of film cameras but I think I'll try to capture some autumn shots with my Canon T90 and my chrome nose 35mm f2 which has a yellow cast due to the thorium ageing. It's a super sharp lens but a bit on the heavy side.

Sent from my Mi A2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Cool, thanks for the heads up, getting back into shooting film.

I'll use this as an excuse to post a very few recent snapshot like film pictures. (I've not been making pictures as much as I would like recently.)

I do have about 4 rolls of used but undeveloped MF colour film sitting around. I should get them developed (or see if my chemicals are still good).

Best wishes,
    Bob