closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega discounts

Journeyman

Omega discounts

I was gazing in the window of Berry's in Hull today. They have some cracking discounts on several Omega models. Maybe worth a look if you are in the area.

Note: I have no connection whatsoever with Berry's.

Journeyman
    Good for those who are itching to buy but not good overall for Omega prestige?

Master
    What has Omegas prestige got to do with the odd sale? If you are on Jonashop you can get a discount off Rolex Datejusts. Rolex are extremely good at restricting volume to their lesser selling sports models that conversely have more appeal amongst watch affeciandos.
    I’d actually say Omega is in good health with the Ultraman , Speedy Tuesday , Snoopy , Japanese Racing Dial TinTin , Gemini , and even the hated Commander all potentially selling over original RRP. The Spectre holds value well I believe . Rolex restrict supply , Omega do an LE. Same malarkey .
    5 years ago Omega didn’t have one model that sold over RRP so overall whether you like them or not they are doing ok on residuals across a number of models.

Journeyman
    The question mark after my comment on Omega prestige was designed to encourage discussion. I have lusted after a Speedy for a while and I may yet add one to the box. The Rolex discounts on the grey market have always been there along with discounts on many brands, Omega included. What you don't see (and I suspect never will) is Rolex holding sales. As you say, Rolex appear to be deliberately suffocating supply of their pro models and that approach is part and parcel of the quirky, but ultimately successful marketing hype that they are known for. The squeeze on supply seems to be working like a charm as buyers are clamouring for certain models.

It seems logical to me that discount sales can only devalue a brand in the perception of the public over the longer term and will certainly lead to a serious lowering of prices on the second hand market.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic_Magpie View Post
    The question mark after my comment on Omega prestige was designed to encourage discussion. I have lusted after a Speedy for a while and I may yet add one to the box. The Rolex discounts on the grey market have always been there along with discounts on many brands, Omega included. What you don't see (and I suspect never will) is Rolex holding sales. As you say, Rolex appear to be deliberately suffocating supply of their pro models and that approach is part and parcel of the quirky, but ultimately successful marketing hype that they are known for. The squeeze on supply seems to be working like a charm as buyers are clamouring for certain models.

It seems logical to me that discount sales can only devalue a brand in the perception of the public over the longer term and will certainly lead to a serious lowering of prices on the second hand market.
    Ive kept a close eye on 2nd pricing of Omegas over the last 3 years or so though in no way qualify myself as an expert.
    Speedmaster LE’s achieving 25-30% over RRP with the Snoopy tripling ( this is a new Omega Phenomenon )
    Modern Seamaster SMP - pricing is steady
    Modern Speedmaster - pricing is steady
    Aqua Terra - pricing is steady
    Railmaster - some buzz around being a modern classic and potential price lift but my view is its remained steady
    2254.50 up by around 10-15%
    Great Whites +2O%
    Near Vintage / Vintage
    Dynamic Targa Florio’s +80%
    70’s Dive watches various +25%
    Plo Profs - might have gone down slightly
    -71 SPeedmaster +60%
    -74 SPeedmaster +50%
    -69 SPeedmaster +75%
    321 calibres - doubled
    Ed Whites - tripled
    Early 321 Speedmasters tripled or Quadrupled
    Connies - Steady
    Seamaster dress +25%
    Connie grand luxe +25%

I’d say the old adage rings true buy at the right price and you can’t go wrong . I’d also add that whenever I sell an Omega on SC it goes very quickly whereas watches from other brands have stuck.

Omega make some great watches and the idea of getting a discount makes it tempting. It's a bit of a shame they dilute the brand so much with the endless special editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Ive kept a close eye on 2nd pricing of Omegas over the last 3 years or so though in no way qualify myself as an expert.
    Speedmaster LE’s achieving 25-30% over RRP with the Snoopy tripling ( this is a new Omega Phenomenon )
    Modern Seamaster SMP - pricing is steady
    Modern Speedmaster - pricing is steady
    Aqua Terra - pricing is steady
    Railmaster - some buzz around being a modern classic and potential price lift but my view is its remained steady
    2254.50 up by around 10-15%
    Great Whites +2O%
    Near Vintage / Vintage
    Dynamic Targa Florio’s +80%
    70’s Dive watches various +25%
    Plo Profs - might have gone down slightly
    -71 SPeedmaster +60%
    -74 SPeedmaster +50%
    -69 SPeedmaster +75%
    321 calibres - doubled
    Ed Whites - tripled
    Early 321 Speedmasters tripled or Quadrupled
    Connies - Steady
    Seamaster dress +25%
    Connie grand luxe +25%

I’d say the old adage rings true buy at the right price and you can’t go wrong . I’d also add that whenever I sell an Omega on SC it goes very quickly whereas watches from other brands have stuck.
    Spot on.

Omega have come along way over the past ten years and as investment pieces go its only going to get better.

Craftsman
    Ill check that too