closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What the hell?

What the hell?

On an enthusiast's forum people are asking crazy stupid prices.

I have a dealer, in a shop with overheads, near me who is selling quality watches, with a guarantee, cheaper than people are asking on sales corner.

Is this the Rolex syndrome?!
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Craftsman
    Despite being a watch forum sellers will not want to simply give their watches away. As long as people are prepared to pay those prices then they will remain at that level.

I suspect the main advantage of buying from a watch enthusiasts forum is you may be purchasing from a more careful owner than if you were buying from a shop on the high street

Master
    ^^^^^^
    No guarantee, no warranty, no returns policy. So what advantage? The only advantage was the price

I saw one watch in SC last night which was used with some obvious dinging on it that the seller wanted UK RRP for.

I think some people just don't understand what the current street price of what they are selling is, or many here genuinely do have a highly sought after item which is increasing in value almost daily which they have taken good care of and a prospective buyer can trust due to past trading history and being the first owner/OCD WIS.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    From personal experience on here and on every marketplace, if it’s priced right, it will sell.

If it isn’t, it won’t.

That’s the way it has always been.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    From personal experience on here and on every marketplace, if it’s priced right, it will sell.

If it isn’t, it won’t.

In a nutshell.

If it isn’t, it won’t.

Totally agree.

Blog Entries
    Can't really see what point you are trying to make.

If you want to buy from a forum do it. If you want to buy from a shop do it.

What does it matter to you if other people want to do either?

Off to browse sales corner!

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Can't really see what point you are trying to make.

If you want to buy from a forum do it. If you want to buy from a shop do it.

What does it matter to you if other people want to do either?

Off to browse sales corner!
    If you don't see my point then it's pointless of me to try to explain.
    On other forums people are buying limited run items from dealers and advertising them for double, and idiots are buying them. 

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Despite being a watch forum sellers will not want to simply give their watches away. As long as people are prepared to pay those prices then they will remain at that level.

I suspect the main advantage of buying from a watch enthusiasts forum is you may be purchasing from a more careful owner than if you were buying from a shop on the high street
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    +1
    There's a vast difference between "giving them away" and making a profit.
    If I were that way inclined I could buy at my local dealers and make a tidy profit reselling on sales corner.
    I have never sold a watch for more than I paid.

Apprentice

If it isn’t, it won’t.

So true. And always will be

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quite simply supply and demand.

Easy to sell a scratched Rolex for RRP or more if its near impossible to buy one from a AD.

If and when Rolex start supplying ADs again with a sufficient quantity then used Rolex prices will come down.

Master
    The simple truth is that the market is clearly demonstrating that Rolex are underpriced.

All Rolex need to do is up the price until supply / sales equilibrium is matched. Then you get sales from the AD, no dodgy grey dealers and a realistic price in the SC. At the moment it is a total dogs dinner.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    The simple truth is that the market is clearly demonstrating that Rolex are underpriced.

All Rolex need to do is up the price until supply / sales equilibrium is matched. Then you get sales from the AD, no dodgy grey dealers and a realistic price in the SC. At the moment it is a total dogs dinner.

True and 5% is not going to help. Prob more like 20 plus is required

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    True and 5% is not going to help. Prob more like 20 plus is required
    Yes that is my guess as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

Google tulip mania, then substitute Rolex for tulip.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    Google tulip mania, then substitute Rolex for tulip.
    Yes a correction is always a possibility but right now today Rolex are under priced and the market seems to be hungry for as many Rolex as possible.

Another factor is that Rolex is an old mans watch, most Rolex are owned by the 60 pluses and when they die, the watches are either kept by their children and never sold or sold onto other 60 pluses and it is they who have the money. All this bodes for a high price.

Only a fool would say the prices will not drop but the odds are in favour of the higher prices being at least maintained.