closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Let’s see your Cartier watches

Cool Let’s see your Cartier watches

I know it is a bit of a marmite brand, but I love Cartier for its design and elegance. I only have one, the Tank Solo XL. I have taken lots of pictures of it over the last 2.5 years.

Please post some pictures of your Cartiers if you have any. Thanks.

Let’s see your Cartier watches

My Roadster from 2004, I bought it on a whim whilst on a trip to NYC and it’s the watch that started my collecting journey. I’ll never sell it;

I owned this Must 21 Chronoscaph for a while too, got it a song on eBay and sold it for £200 more 12 months later;

Wouldn’t mind another one to be honest, great little watch for the money

- Ian
    Last edited by goregasm; 23rd September 2018 at 20:56.

Blog Entries
    I gave my wife one a few years ago. Gets quite a bit of wear.

Master
    Recent purchase for my wedding. My wife has the same watch, albeit older and smaller.

Cartier Santos REF: WSSA0010, the new Basel version with the interchangeable straps and quick bracelet change. A real classy piece and one that will always be in the collection.

And the Mrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought this at auction a few years ago, it was one of the last lots and I hadn't planned on bidding but as I'd been outbid for the watches I wanted I took a punt - breaking the cardinal rule of never bid on something you haven't inspected. Anyway it was a wreck, and gained 15 minutes on the journey home. Took it to Cartier who did a wonderful job of restoring it, for an extremely reasonable price - I ended up with an as-new watch, the total cost being about half what a new one would have been.

Wore it regularly for a few years and then sold it, something I now regret.

Master
    My only Cartier. It never gets worn now, and it has a perpetual calender that is so complicated to set I had to call Brian Cox for advice. But it is a pretty and elegant piece, I love the sapphire cabachon, the rectangular case shape and the matte finish to the gold.

Previously owned a roadster chronograph which was a very versatile watch. It came with a metal bracelet and two straps, one brown leather and one rubber finish. Sadly had a quick change mechanism that I never trusted, almost lost the watch when skiing once, so it got moved on. Still miss it and would buy another if not for that quick change mech.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I love the brand and many of their watches, the Tank MC in particular. I also really like the outgoing version of the XL Santos. Whilst the latest release is nice and the strap changing system is very well executed, I think it’s a step backwards in overall looks. I can’t quite place my finger on what is it about the new one that puts me off, but it looks more...I dunno... ‘effeminate’ now? Maybe it’s the shape of the lugs. Shame they dropped the Roadster - Really distinctive.

Gary

What movements are in the tanks etc ... its never really mentioned.

cheers

matt

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    What movements are in the tanks etc ... its never really mentioned.

cheers

matt
    I believe the MC is a new Inhouse movement but I don't know the details sorry

Master
    My partner wears this , one of her favourites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Has anybody got, or used to, the Carbon Santos? How do/did you feel about it? I thought it was one of the most interesting things Cartier did in a long time, and I thought it really worked. Haven't seen it in the flesh, though, whenever I popped by the AD, they never had it, maybe it's not as nice as in the pictures.

Master
    One of my all time favourites - the Santos ADLC. I’ve had both versions, the earlier one with an untreated bezel, and the newer one with a red second hand and ADLC bezel.

I actually prefer the older version, but both are great looking Cartiers.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk