closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin media not working - anyone else having problems?

Virgin media not working - anyone else having problems?

I lost my Virgin internet, phone line and TV at about 10am this morning. Called their automated customer line and the recording said there was a problem that they were 'working hard' to fix and it should be up and running by 7pm this evening. Just called again and its now saying 9am tomorrow. I requested SMS updates but thet arent sending any.

I live in the TW3 area.

Just wondering whether any other areas are effected.

Welcome to the world of Virgin where super fast doesn’t apply to fixing problems.

In my area we had an SNR issue ongoing since July which was only resolved a few days ago. I’ve also got an over utilisation fault which has been ongoing since April last year. Can’t really move as I generally get crap speeds form adsl so it’s a case of putting up with the best of the worst.

All good here all day in E17.

Master
    I'm in the N1 area and I pay for 100Mbps, Saturday and Sunday I was getting between 8-11Mbps.
    Put your complaint on social media and someone from their customer service department might get back to you.

I was also subject to a utilisation fault for 6 months. Peak time speeds dropped to 2Mbps on a 200Mbps line. In the end I got fed up
    and switched to Sky. I now have a rock solid 70Mbps all the time. Virgin are slow at resolving faults, especially larger infrastructure faults.

Fas est ab hoste doceri

"No, no, we are just huge fans of British crustaceans and wanted to see the blue lobsters, often up to 50 CM in length (see citation), in their natural environment...."

M

Still no service

The automated message is no longer giving an estimated time for it being fixed (the times kept moving forward and backwards anyway) and is now saying it will be back up and running as soon as possible.

My contract is up for renewal in a couple of months at which point I am out.

I pay £60 a month for this.

Dreadful.

Master
    If it’s preventing you from working have you considered a 4G option, there have been some threads about it recently sounds like a reasonable business cost and if you went payg minimal outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Still no service

The automated message is no longer giving an estimated time for it being fixed (the times kept moving forward and backwards anyway) and is now saying it will be back up and running as soon as possible.

My contract is up for renewal in a couple of months at which point I am out.

I pay £60 a month for this.

Dreadful.
    Call them up and go through to the "I'm thinking of leaving" team, they are normally UK based and should be either able to tell you what is going on or transfer you to a UK tech, who hopefully might have a clue.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Call them up and go through to the "I'm thinking of leaving" team, they are normally UK based and should be either able to tell you what is going on or transfer you to a UK tech, who hopefully might have a clue.
    Cant get though on any of the phone lines

On line chat with an advisor is 'unavailable at this time'

In the meantime I emailed the CEO of Virgin Media (tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk) and received this response

Logging on to the Virgin site via my mobile there is this notice

I requested SMS and email updates but none have come through. Though the automated message on the customer service line is updated regularly - not that this is very helpful as the estimated time of repair moves back and forward like Dr Who's Tardis. At the moment there giving no estimated time, simply that it will be done 'as soon as possible'

Earlier I noticed 3 Virgin media vans at the end of the road. The occupants were standing on the pavement smoking and having a jolly good laugh. "Excuse me, any idea when this will be fixed?" - "No idea mate"

So its now day 3 of having no TV or internet and no indication of how long this is going to be - I have zero confidence in the date given in the screenshot above as I have so far been given at least 6 times and dates that have not materialised

I do accept that things happen sometimes that are beyond anyone's control. That's life. But at the very least Virgins communication is appalling - somewhat ironic being as they supposed to be providing a communication and media service.

If it is damage to their cables then that explains why it is taking longer, no idea why you're not getting text updates though.

Many years ago when I was with BT on ADSL, some gypos nicked the copper cables from a section of the main road, apparently turned up after midnight, erected 2 tents, one at either end, then cut and pulled the cables out and that took BT around a week to fix. Didn't really get any updates from BT but I didn't really need to as they said it would take at least 3-5 working days to fix.