closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: price of a rolex

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Exactly Paul. Ally’s comment is crass and intended to get a reaction and cause an argument as usual.
    His follow-up is even worse, he's not worth arguing with.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    Not round these parts a car is a must for most people a watch isn't.if someone asked me how much my watch was id be too embarrassed to tell them a few years ago I would.as it was obtainable not new
    I don't actually think we disagree Tilly - there are times when money is tight and luxuries take a back seat. I live in a semi rural area where cars are also needed. But someone can buy a cheaper car and buy a watch on finance (or save up) if that is their priority. We're talking Rolex new or used - doesn't have to be a Daytona just like people don't have to buy an E class Merc or 5 series BMW.

Blog Entries
    is the price of rolex getting to much for the working man or women
    No.

I can't continue reading this thread. I'm a spelling and punctuation policeman and quite frankly, Tilly is looking at a 10 stretch when I catch the little blighter.

GO BACK TO SCHOOL, man !!!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I can't continue reading this thread. I'm a spelling and punctuation policeman and quite frankly, Tilly is looking at a 10 stretch when I catch the little blighter.

then go away jog on.\;'[/

Is English your first language ?

Apprentice

imc harging me i pad it as spell check want by lang

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    pardon

Master
    * Pardon?

Very sad thing to say .not everyone with kids are on benefits.thay are mostly hard working people.do you have a problem with people with children.ho and by the way did your parents give your child benefit away.l think not sir so your in that club.of benefit club.anyway this is about watchis
    One of the problems with kids these days is that they neither can shpell nor use correct grammerz and that should be the priority for any sound minded parent, not the price of Relax.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

imc harging me i pad it as spell check want by lang
    Anybody here who can translate ??

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anybody here who can translate ??
    From Inglish to Scouse?

While I understand the point of the original question, “working man or woman” is vague. Class structures have very much changed. Working/middle/professional/upper... do they really exist any more.
    If, for example, we say for a family person on the average industrial wage then I would probably say yes, Rolex is too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    From Inglish to Scouse?
    Any f*****' thing will do, just make it legible !

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    One of the problems with kids these days is that they neither can shpell nor use correct grammerz and that should be the priority for any sound minded parent, not the price of Relax.
    What's price of a Rolex got to do with kids .and as for good grammar that's just you stuck up your backside

Apprentice
    Any f*****' thing will do, just make it legible !
    I'm trying me best

I'm trying me best
    You joined today. I wonder if you'll make it until tomorrow... ?

Apprentice

Smile

You joined today. I wonder if you'll make it until tomorrow... ?
    Yes way have I upset you it's about watchis I'm not the one going off the subject I'm just answering you back in the same manner that put in post

Blog Entries
    I don’t know where that data came from but it seems cr*p to me. I remember getting £6K for my first ‘real’ annual salary in 1986. Which throws that right out.

My Dad bought a Air-King-Date in 1978 for £250.00 and he was a professional scientist and not sure but that was probably at least a months wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikincooper View Post

Here’s the graph I recently saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe I am readout wrong is there some kind of NPV calculation going on?
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 23rd September 2018 at 21:30.

What's price of a Rolex got to do with kids .and as for good grammar that's just you stuck up your backside
    Do keep up your own line of trolling ahem.. thought if you actually have one.. You've asked:-

is the price of rolex getting to much for the working man or women
    and the answer is yes, if they can't afford for themselves and for their children a basic education.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Apprentice
    Do keep up your own line of trolling ahem.. thought if you actually have one.. You've asked:-

and the answer is yes, if they can't afford for themselves and for their children a basic education.
    I'm not trolling.the subject was watch related.no about having kids and benefits that's trolling anyway goodbye end off subject for me thanks for your input

Average salary is supposedly around 27k.

4k is a possibility, if you really value a watch above other things.

In reality, most people don't...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

If I were a betting man I’d say the misspelling is intentional. My money is on this thread being a wind-up.

Master
    Never.

A basic education (School) is free in this country.

To the pit of misery. Tilly Tilly!

Where can I buy these "Watchis" thingies which everyone is talking about?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    Where can I buy these "Watchis" thingies which everyone is talking about?
    Gollum most likely - unless Bilbo Baggins has still got it

I was actually going to ask this too.

Tilly, I genuinely struggle to read and comprehend your posts. Do you perhaps know someone who could proof read prior to pressing the submit button?

I'm not trolling.the subject was watch related.no about having kids and benefits that's trolling anyway goodbye end off subject for me thanks for your input
    Pity, I was looking forward to the part where we would discuss how proletariat would dictate price of Rolex and other luxury goods after snap GE.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    A basic education (School) is free in this country.
    Clearly it failed in the case of our new member, so perhaps joining English language forum and arranging some sort of private English lessons should be a top priority?
    Last edited by VDG; 24th September 2018 at 08:39.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Everyone makes their own choices in life. I don’t feel one bit sorry for anyone who spews out child after child and then bleats about not being able to afford a fancy wrist trinket.
    I have a child and even I get sick of the way they're played as some kind of trump card by people over and over as though they're being disadvantaged by the world because they have to pay for them - like they're doing the world a favour filling it up.

Everyone has one life of which they can do with as they please. If you work hard, you unequivocally can attain almost anything you wish, but that will always come with sacrifices in some other area.

Get over it.

To be fair its not just rolex, price points have gone up massively over the years for most of the watch brands. I got a steelfish as my first nice watch about 12 years ago for around £1300 (I think) now an entry level Breitling or Omega would be around the £2k mark.

Giving up drinking has given me the means to afford a Rolex or two over the years. It's all about life choices. The last thing I'd do if I couldn't afford one is whine about it on a forum.
    If you're truly into watches I'm sure there are numerous affordable brands out there that would suit your budget and be enjoyable to own.

Master
    They’re supposed to be too expansive for the average working man, that’s how they work out the prices.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Giving up drinking has given me the means to afford a Rolex or two over the years.
    It’s one thing making us choose between children and Rolex, but I think you’ve gone too far now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    It’s one thing making us choose between children and Rolex, but I think you’ve gone too far now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hahahahaha

Craftsman
    Of course a Rolex isn’t affordable to the average person. How many average people spend 5k+ on something that tells the time?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I have a child and even I get sick of the way they're played as some kind of trump card by people over and over as though they're being disadvantaged by the world because they have to pay for them - like they're doing the world a favour filling it up.

Everyone has one life of which they can do with as they please. If you work hard, you unequivocally can attain almost anything you wish, but that will always come with sacrifices in some other area.

Get over it.
    Sheep

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Essexstu View Post
    Of course a Rolex isn’t affordable to the average person. How many average people spend 5k+ on something that tells the time?
    I would I'm average

Very few, although the magic of Rolex is that even people who would never spend a tenth of that on any other brand think they need a Rolex....

M

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    They’re supposed to be too expansive for the average working man, that’s how they work out the prices.
    Please explain why

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Very few, although the magic of Rolex is that even people who would never spend a tenth of that on any other brand think they need a Rolex....

M

How true but.it is obtainable

price of a rolex

I would I'm average
    Do you currently own a Rolex Tilly ? Or aspiring/ hoping to own one one day. Are there any particular models that you like. Submariner or datejust for example ?
    I’m just wondering your own opinion, on the question you asked. Most of the people on here work, or are retired from work. Some are Rolex owners and some are not.

This thread is painful...

...why do we think that rolex watches should be affordable "tool watches"? That ship sailed long ago. Nowadays theyre sold on the basis of being status symbols.

That's just a fact of life - owning a "rollie" is based around bragging rights for a great many buyers. A "look how well Im doing" statement.

That said, theyre hardly a Rolls Royce level purchase - BMW at best. A mid-level example of a "luxury watch". Totally within the grasp of anybody who really wants one and who doesn't mind buying at 0% credit or getting a low interest bank loan.

Of course its down to priorities - and shame on anybody who ranks a watch as high on their priorities. A man who wants a rolex but instead spends the money on his family is to be greatly admired.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by P.Sheridan View Post
    Do you currently own a Rolex Tilly ? Or aspiring/ hoping to own one one day. Are there any particular models that you like. Submariner or datejust for example ?
    I’m just wondering your own opinion, on the question you asked. Most of the people on here work, or are retired from work. Some are Rolex owners and some are not.
    Yes do you thinks

Apprentice

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    This thread is painful...

...why do we think that rolex watches should be affordable "tool watches"? That ship sailed long ago. Nowadays theyre sold on the basis of being status symbols.

That's just a fact of life - owning a "rollie" is based around bragging rights for a great many buyers. A "look how well Im doing" statement.

That said, theyre hardly a Rolls Royce level purchase - BMW at best. A mid-level example of a "luxury watch". Totally within the grasp of anybody who really wants one and who doesn't mind buying at 0% credit or getting a low interest bank loan.

Of course its down to priorities - and shame on anybody who ranks a watch as high on their priorities. A man who wants a rolex but instead spends the money on his family is to be greatly admired.
    Not for me it's a nice watch nothing more nothing less.but it makes me happy

Master
    Blog Entries
    I need to share something. Last night I woke up in a complete lather having dreamt that Tilley and watchfan_66 were identical twins. So identical in fact, I just can't says the words but.....can it be that they are one....

Yes do you thinks
    That’s me over & out. You are a real pleasure to communicate with. Sellers will be lining up to deal with you

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I need to share something. Last night I woke up in a complete lather having dreamt that Tilley and watchfan_66 were identical twins. So identical in fact, I just can't says the words but.....can it be that they are one....
    Strange

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sheridan View Post
    That’s me over & out. You are a real pleasure to communicate with. Sellers will be lining up to deal with you
    I was just thinking exactly the same thing.