closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying my wife a Rolex

Master

Buying my wife a Rolex

I have been into watches for so long i can't remember when it first started.As anyone who knows me i am as happy with a Casio,Citizen as i am with a Rolex.

Now my wife who has never showed any interest in watches suddenly became very interested in Rolex watches when her favourite singer Michael Buble was an ambassador for them.This just goes to show what branding can do and that it works.

I knew this was going to cost me and for the last two years i have resisted but with my 30th wedding anniversary this June (along with health issues for me) i couldn't put it off any longer and the search began.

As anyone knows women can be a little bit difficult to buy for so after many months of searching and looking at the complete Rolex range in shops from Europe and most of the UK the final decision was made yesterday.

Now this would not have been my first choice but after 30 years i have learned that Mrs mjc1216 is always right.And i must say it is better in the flesh than the pictures show.

It was bought from someone who does contribute to this forum but i never mentioned that when doing the deal and i must say all his staff were excellent and although i was going to buy from another dealer the price and service made it an easy choice.

So the wife has a Rolex which on paper is worth more than mine but who cares as a happy wife is a happy life as they say.

Now for pictures or it didn't happen as they say.

Have a good day and remember to treat those that you love.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I have been into watches for so long i can't remember when it first started.As anyone who knows me i am as happy with a Casio,Citizen as i am with a Rolex.

Now my wife who has never showed any interest in watches suddenly became very interested in Rolex watches when her favourite singer Michael Buble was an ambassador for them.This just goes to show what branding can do and that it works.

I knew this was going to cost me and for the last two years i have resisted but with my 30th wedding anniversary this June (along with health issues for me) i couldn't put it off any longer and the search began.

As anyone knows women can be a little bit difficult to buy for so after many months of searching and looking at the complete Rolex range in shops from Europe and most of the UK the final decision was made yesterday.

Now this would not have been my first choice but after 30 years i have learned that Mrs mjc1216 is always right.And i must say it is better in the flesh than the pictures show.

It was bought from someone who does contribute to this forum but i never mentioned that when doing the deal and i must say all his staff were excellent and although i was going to buy from another dealer the price and service made it an easy choice.

So the wife has a Rolex which on paper is worth more than mine but who cares as a happy wife is a happy life as they say.

Absolutely the right way to do this. The investment of a couple of hours in Goldsmiths, trying every conceivable option, gave my wife a completely different version of that same watch that she adored.

Apart from being away for a couple of services it's been her permanent companion for 14 years.

Thats a beautiful looking watch.

Im sure your wife will wear it for years....Very difficult to choose a watch for somebody else..........especially! a wife...so full marks on her choice....

I hope your health issues get sorted out too.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post

What a nice story

Craftsman
    Congrats on the watch your wife will love it

Master
    Classic looking ladies Rolex.... just right, she’ll be a happy lady wearing that.

Craftsman
    Never seen that colour on a Rolex dial before, don't want to be mean, but is that it's original colour?
    Bearing in mind I have never looked at ladies models.

Love the dial texture and colour, congrats.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    don't want to be mean, but is that it's original colour?
    Don't want to be mean, but do you know Rolex has a website with their watches on it?

Craftsman
    Well played Sir.

-Od

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Don't want to be mean, but do you know Rolex has a website with their watches on it?

Mint green is one of the in trend colours for interior design these couple of years! Beautiful on the dial as well!!

Master
    Many thanks for all your positive comments.

Master
    These "ligne" dials are most unusual, both this "mint" version and the lilac-coloured "lavender ligne". It is worth taking the trouble to examine one under a 10x, as the base colour may surprise you, overlaid with vertical green stripes before the usual text is further super-imposed. It takes a confident lady to choose and wear one, but they are quite rare and may certainly be a talking point.

Well done, OP - may you both enjoy it in fine health.

H

Craftsman
    Interesting, as I said don't know about ladies dials. Sounds more interesting than the normal

Journeyman
    That’s a beautiful watch - I’m looking at similar for my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I caught her last night cooking and washing up wearing the watch...didn't know they were built for this sort of work.

Journeyman
    I need to buy my wife a Rolex for her 40th....

I want it to be a surprise, but am worried she won't like what I choose for her....

did you take her into store?

Journeyman
    Was considering similar for my wife with the ice blue dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wantasub View Post
    I need to buy my wife a Rolex for her 40th....

I want it to be a surprise, but am worried she won't like what I choose for her....

did you take her into store?
    In all it took over two years to find the right one because she kept changing her mind.

It took about 12 months to decide on a jubilee bracelet with a fluted bezel and diamond dot dial.

It then took another long period of time to choose the colour of the dial and this colour really was a last minute choice as after looking at numerous black,grey,brown and silver dials she decided she wanted something different.

So take her shopping and let her choose...simples.