closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The recipe thread

Master

The recipe thread

Post your recipes, how to do it, your top tips, pictures are always greatly appreciated.
    After seeing some of the dishes on the website makes me ashamed to say i used to be a chef :shock: :shock:
    None of my stuff is even half as good.
    And the spag bol in the fighting thread looked absoloutley amazing, making that on wednesday next week.
    C'mon guys get the culinary juices flowing,
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Grand Master

Re: The recipe thread

Love to oblige, but I rarely (if ever cook) & the only thing I do cook is chili:

500g Beef Chunks, Preferable Steak
    18 Bird Eye Chilis, Chopped (do not remove the seeds)
    4 Habaneroes, Chopped (do not remove the seeds)
    4 New Mexican Chilis, Chopped (do not remove the seeds)
    2 Large Tomatoes, Peeled & Chopped
    2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
    2 Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped
    Tomato Paste
    450g Tomato Sauce
    2 Large Onions
    4 Tablespoons of Blairs Insanity Source
    2 Tablespoons of Blair's Temporary Insanity Source
    150 ml beer
    1 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
    1 Tablespoon Habenero Chili Powder
    4 Tablespoon Chili Powder
    4 Bottles of Beer

Directions

Sauté the onion in a small amount of chili oil until translucent, drink one bottle of beer. Bring to a simmer the tomato, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, parsley, Blair's sauces and ground black pepper, adding the tomato paste to thicken. Drink the 2nd bottle of beer. Now add the chili powder, habenero powder, habeneros, jalapenos & New Mexican chiles. Whilst this is simmering, drink a 3rd bottle of beer & grill the beef. Drain the meat, and season with pepper. Add the beef to the sauce along with the beer. Cook for 30 minutes & drink the 4th bottle of beer. Serve with either rice, potato wedges or skins.
    /vince ..

If the wife is not in I get the ready meal out of the freezer and open the microwave door................. :lol:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Vince, that recipe is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    I agree, do you wear reinforced underpants when you eat it Vince! :shock: :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    I agree, do you wear reinforced underpants when you eat it Vince! :shock: :wink:
    No, it has very little effect on any part of my anatomy .. although I have over done it a few times (doubled the chili content) & all my sense shut down for a few minutes .. mind you none of my friends will eat it .. so perhaps you have a point.
    /vince ..

Vince, I'm surprised you can find a pot that is anti-corrosive long enough to cook that!

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

For those who prefer a more bland fare, a meatloaf recipe:

6 slices whole wheat bread, finely chopped
    4 ounces non-dairy cheese, finely grated
    4 ounces raw carrots, finely grated
    12 ounces canned spinach, drained
    4 ounces seedless raisins
    2 cups Great Northern beans, cooked and drained
    4 tablespoons vegetable oil
    6 ounces tomato paste
    8 ounces powdered nonfat or skim milk
    6 ounces potato flakes

Make sure all wet items are drained. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, either by kneading with hands (wearing plastic gloves) or with a spoon. The mixture should be stiff and just moist enough to spread. Form three loaves in glazed bread pans. Place pans in oven in a pan containing water to keep bottom of loaf from burning. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes, until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Makes three loaves, or three meals, each containing 940 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii
    For those who prefer a more bland fare, a meatloaf recipe:

6 slices whole wheat bread, finely chopped
    4 ounces non-dairy cheese, finely grated
    4 ounces raw carrots, finely grated
    12 ounces canned spinach, drained
    4 ounces seedless raisins
    2 cups Great Northern beans, cooked and drained
    4 tablespoons vegetable oil
    6 ounces tomato paste
    8 ounces powdered nonfat or skim milk
    6 ounces potato flakes

Make sure all wet items are drained. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, either by kneading with hands (wearing plastic gloves) or with a spoon. The mixture should be stiff and just moist enough to spread. Form three loaves in glazed bread pans. Place pans in oven in a pan containing water to keep bottom of loaf from burning. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes, until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Makes three loaves, or three meals, each containing 940 calories.
    Educate me here! Doesn't meatloaf have meat in it ??? :?:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

Educate me here! Doesn't meatloaf have meat in it ??? :?:
    And me

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

It is one on many "meatloaf" recipes use by the prison system for recalcitrant prisoners. It provides all the necessary nutritional elements, and very little else. It in itself it isn't bad tasting, just rather bland, but if it's all you get with water ... well you get the picture.

Incidentally, some vegetarians think this is great stuff, but I think they add seasonings.

Master

I used to cook all kind of stuff but as old age creeps I became more grumpier and lazy (read "busy"). Right now if I have guests I instruct them to bring their own popcorn. However I do have a recipe and it takes about 5 min.

1 T-bone (large)
    1 glass of red wine
    1 can of beans in tomato juice
    6-pack of Stella

Take a large fry pan and leave it to high heat a few seconds. Put the t-bone and flip it 1-2 times. Pour the wine and continue to flip until the meat has the desired color or/and the wine evaporated. Meanwhile in a separate pot heat the beans. Pop up the Stella and add some pickles (if you have).

I would say it's 5 mins well spent. :D

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    6-pack of Stella
    Goes with everything.........
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    6-pack of Stella
    Goes with everything.........
    Especially another 6 pack!
    /vince ..

The easiest soup ever:

8-10 Big Tomatoes
    1 whole Garlic
    1 Red Onion
    Salt and Pepper
    Olive Oil
    Oregano

Place all the above in a roasting pan, roast for 20 minutes, take out add veggie stock 1 pint and return to the oven, remove and then blend in the pot.

You may need to mess around with the amount of ingredients

After reading Vince's chilli recipe and Bruce's garlic-and-tomato soup, I've come to the conclusion that you are either long since married and your wives have given up all hope, or committed bachelors! :lol:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by draz
    After reading Vince's chilli recipe and Bruce's garlic-and-tomato soup, I've come to the conclusion that you are either long since married and your wives have given up all hope, or committed bachelors! :lol:
    Neither here. Been with my better half for 21+ years & not a ring to be seen. She also cooks an excellent chili (although with nowhere near as many chili's) and a great Vindaloo. If you ever fancy trying some of my chili I'll make a batch & you can pop around and indulge.
    /vince ..

I was trying to put the most basic thing I could think of on here :wink: . I am not married but live with my GF, Cuisine is high on our agenda. We are off to the Three Chimneys on Skye later this year, Anyone Been?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    I was trying to put the most basic thing I could think of on here :wink: . I am not married but live with my GF, Cuisine is high on our agenda. We are off to the Three Chimneys on Skye later this year, Anyone Been?
    I have friends with a B&B on Skye and they go there and rate it highly. Haven't been to Skye for a few years now 'cos of kids, but used to go up for a week or two at the back end of May every year. Abseiling off the In.Pinn. and doing the Corrie Lagan round seems a lifetime away! Pop into the Sliga for a pint while you're there.Enjoy. :)
    F.T.F.A.

I love 'basic'. Too many people try to complicate food, either with too many ingredients or too much messing about. This latter is particularly true of cookery programs :evil:

Here's my simple recipe and method for a basic and complete meal, Kleftiko. Simple ingredients, simple preparation, simple cooking and a truly fantastic taste; that I promise you................

For each person you'll need

4 or 5 Lamb Cutlets. (I buy complete racks and cut the cutlets off myself - cheaper and better)
    1/2 of a lamb neck fillet, cut into two pieces.
    6 New Potatoes.
    2 Medium Sized Carrots, quartered.
    6 Shallots, peeled.
    3 Cloves of Garlic skinned and left whole.
    4 or 5 Black Olives (Kalamata preferably).
    4 or 5 Green Olives.
    4 or 5 Pieces of Sun-dried Tomato.
    A sprig or two of your favourite herb.

Preparation - about 5 minutes, tops :)

For each person, take two sheets of cooking foil and form a cross - shiny side up, most important.

Put a small, (and I nean SMALL), sprinkle of olive oil on the foil then make a pyramid of the ingredients. No particular order, just mix them up nicely).

A good seasoning of salt and black pepper, then add a sprig or two of your favourite herb, (here I'm using Italian Basil, but this meal works well with any fresh herb, Origano, Thyme, Rosemary - whatever you have handy).

Now drizzle the whole lot with a little, (and I mean a LITTLE), olive oil then screw up the foil to completely enclose the whole meal. Make sure it's fully closed and than none of the cutlet bones are sticking through the foil.

Place the parcels in a pre-heated oven at 150 degrees C for one and a quarter hours.

Remove from the oven and simply place a complete foil parcel, still sealed, on each plate and serve as-is. Eat it out of the foil, the aromas are fabulous.

I haven't included a picture of the finished article, I'll leave that to your imagination in the hope that you'll be tempted to try it and see just how good a simple meal can be. It's a fantastic meal, simple all the way from preparation to presentation. Enjoy. :D
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

This thread is causing me to eat every time I read it..................reaches for frying pan and eggs.............. :D
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master

That sounds nice & simple Peter, although I'm not a huge fan of the taste of garlic, so I'd probably replace them with some chili's ..
    /vince ..

Re: The recipe thread: Simple Steamer Cuisine

I love fish but cant always be bothered to buy fresh ... so ...

Using any ORGANIC veggies that you enjoy ... ('cos i'm a lazy so an' so and organic do not normally need peeling ... just wash 'em and chop 'em !!!)

eg carrots, potatoes, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato(but peel these), turnip, swede (peel these too) etc etc ... any quantity you like depending how hungry you are ... and any leftovers can be microwaved next day ...

BUT ... also add some RADISHES (top and tail these and split in half) and sliced or diced fresh PINEAPPLE ... plenty of the latter ... organic if you can afford them (these will need peeling and coring ) ... and some sliced fennel ...

Steam the mixed veggies and pineapple for about 25 mins ... maybe a bit more less depending on how worn out your electric steamer is :lol: :lol:

Ten minutes before completion add any tins of fish you enjoy ... DON'T take the fish out the tin ... Wash the tins ... Chuck the whole tins into the steamer on top of the veggies :lol: :lol:

When the steamer bell rings grab hold of the tins of fish using a tea towel or paper kitchen towel ... Open the ring pull or W.H.Y. on the tin very carefully as the juices now very hot can spurt out everywhere :o :shock: ...carefully tip boiling hot fish contents onto plates ... chuck some veggies on the plates ...

VOILA!!

Most tinned fish works well especially John West herrings in mustard sauce ... sardines in olive oil ... brislings ... sild ... mackerel etc etc

For a really cheapo meal use supermarket own brand sardines in veg. oil

The steamed sweet pineapple and fennel and hot radish add some sweet and aniseed and hot taste to the veg ..

Worth a try and delicious ... I do not enjoy onion but could also be added

Cheers

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Here's a humble collection of everything I prepared over the course of the last two years or so, with recipes from fellow forumers all over the world:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114208
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122952
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136205

my handle over there is also OnkelC.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel C
    Here's a humble collection of everything I prepared over the course of the last two years or so, with recipes from fellow forumers all over the world:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114208
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122952
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136205

my handle over there is also OnkelC.

Enjoy!
    I love the 3 K breakfast :D

Mark

Craftsman

wali's monkeycantcook chili: 1lb venison 1 half scotch bonnet pepper and red green peper 1 onion 4 red 4 green chili, tin toms tin red beans tbs oil tbs cumin tbs chili tbs mad in india cayenne pepa,no beer, drink a barrel of home brewed ipa.stir it up and then let settle after 3 pints ready. served with economy basmati, watch that rice price soar! 4 venison substitute economy british beef if desired simian-bovine disorder.after drink 2 bottle wine 1 itai 1 anc then monkey shoulder whisky with asda tiramasu and ethiopian fresh roast machatio.

Quote Originally Posted by wali
    wali's monkeycantcook chili: 1lb venison 1 half scotch bonnet pepper and red green peper 1 onion 4 red 4 green chili, tin toms tin red beans tbs oil tbs cumin tbs chili tbs mad in india cayenne pepa,no beer, drink a barrel of home brewed ipa.stir it up and then let settle after 3 pints ready. served with economy basmati, watch that rice price soar! 4 venison substitute economy british beef if desired simian-bovine disorder.after drink 2 bottle wine 1 itai 1 anc then monkey shoulder whisky with asda tiramasu and ethiopian fresh roast machatio.
    Forget the recipe, what did you ingest before you wrote this post? :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman

tesco banana and sunflowere seed cookies :!: :wink: :bounce: :blackeye: :bom: :cry: :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol:

Banned

tesco banana and sunflowere seed cookies :!: :wink: :bounce: :blackeye: :bom: :cry: :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol:
    no mushrooms wali ? :D

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer
    no mushrooms wali ? :D
    I would have bet on at least a half a dozen! Found it very hard to read that, but there seems to be far few chili's!
    /vince ..

Here is what I had for dinner last night again very easy and not much washing up to do!

400 grams of casserole beef or pork etc.
    3 carrots roughly chopped
    1 small Swede
    1 teaspoon of Cumin
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    Good amount of red wine
    2 Garlic Cloves
    4 Big Shallots
    1 can of Chickpeas
    1 Can of chopped tomatoes

You can add or change for any other root vegetable or spice it up if you wish

Get an ovenproof pan and place a few glugs of olive oil in the bottom, heat and then place the vegetables and garlic to fry off for a minute or so.

Then add the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 more minutes, add enough liquid to cover the ingredients not forgetting the wine and then place in the oven at 150 degrees or the equivalent gas mark and cook off for 3 hours.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com

Here's a recipe which whilst simple, is one of the best meals for filling up on after a hard days labour, and not only does it fill you up, it tastes absolutely amazing.

I was taught this by a mate in the Army, so it must be easy!!

Bacon Roly Poly (baked not steamed!!)

Pastry:

12 oz SR flour
    6oz Shredded Suet
    Salt and pepper

Filling:

1 lb bacon
    2 onions
    pinch of mixed herbs

Method:

Chop bacon into small pieces.
    Chop onion into small pieces.
    Fry together for 30 minutes with pinch of herbs and allow to cool.

Throw flour and suet into mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add sufficient water (about 1/4 pint) to mix to a firm dough. Roll out to about 1/8" thickness. Spread bacon/onion mixture over the pastry to within 1" of edges. Roll up like a swiss roll, and seal ends and edges.

Bake in hot oven, 190c for about 45 minutes, till pastry is golden brown.

Can be eaten hot or cold. I like it served with thick gravy and a few new potatoes.

Craftsman

Here's a home cooked curry for you all this is fairly authentic from my mothers fair hands.

serves 2 - with rice/nan/pitta/roti

2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
    2 teaspoons turmeric
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 teaspoons ground corriander (or 1 tsps ground and a handful of fresh corriander my favorite)
    2 teaspoons garam masala
    1 large onion
    2 cloves, cardamon (sp?) pods
    1- 3 green chillies coarsely chopped (dependent on taste)
    3-5 cloves garlic coarsely chopped (dependent on taste)
    thumbnail size chunk of fresh ginger coarsely chopped
    4/5 fresh tomatoes

optional bits
    red/green bell pepper (green for colour)
    aubergine (cut and salted)

Here goes
    In a med/large pan heat some oil on med heat (2/3 tablesppons approx) - I use olive/sunflower oil occassionally use a small amount of butter instead
    Add the cloves, cardamon pods, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped chillies.
    allow to heat until garlic starts to brown
    Add onions and leave for 2 mins.
    Add turmeric, cumin and ground corriander (don't add the fresh corriander yet) and mix. Add the chopped up chicken pieces and mix.
    Leave lid on the pan and leave for 10 mins strirring once.
    Now add the tomotoes quartered (leave one to add later). Add optional pepper and/or aubergine. leave for another 25/30 mins.
    Add the remaining tomato quartered. Cook for a further 5/10 mins on a lower heat.
    Take off the heat, sprinkle garam masala over the top then mix and add chopped fresh corriander.
    Leave to stand for 10 mins and serve.
    Add lemon for flavour (especially good with fresh corriander)

Enjoy

Haggis. Can't beat it.
    Sliced, fried with soda scone, potato scones and a couple of fried eggs (a once a quarter meal this!).

This particular animal came from an award-winning butcher in Dumfries.

Grand Master

Haggis is not a food stuff :twisted: .. I've eaten it plenty of times when enjoying the bars of Edinburgh but did not enjoy it once ..
    /vince ..

Luv haggis! :D
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman

I love Haggis too, nothing better than some mushed up 'meat' type stuff along with some mushed up white stuff and mushed up orange stuff :D

Quote Originally Posted by digger
    I love Haggis too, nothing better than some mushed up 'meat' type stuff along with some mushed up white stuff and mushed up orange stuff :D
    Better than what I just watched Bear Gryls eat on the 2nd of his desert progs! Life or death, yes, otherwise.......
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    Haggis. Can't beat it.
    Sliced, fried with soda scone, potato scones and a couple of fried eggs (a once a quarter meal this!).

This particular animal came from an award-winning butcher in Dumfries.

I missing a bollock !

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by London Luke
    I missing a bollock !
    Did it fall off your shoulders then? :twisted: :evil: :D
    /vince ..

Master

Burger Time!

om nom nom nom

Now that's what I call a burger. (where's the "drool" emoticon?)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Onkle, that is a beauty! :D

I'd post a photo of the burger I had at 3am, but it would put everyone off their feed for a week :|

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    Onkle, that is a beauty! :D

I'd post a photo of the burger I had at 3am, but it would put everyone off their feed for a week :|
    Thank you and Eddie!

What was up with yor burger? details are appreciated and a pic yould be ace.

Here's our pentecost sunday lunch (older pics, but still), Spaghetti Bolognese:

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    I love 'basic'. Too many people try to complicate food, either with too many ingredients or too much messing about. This latter is particularly true of cookery programs :evil:

Here's my simple recipe and method for a basic and complete meal, Kleftiko. Simple ingredients, simple preparation, simple cooking and a truly fantastic taste; that I promise you................

4 or 5 Lamb Cutlets. (I buy complete racks and cut the cutlets off myself - cheaper and better)
    6 New Potatoes.
    6 Shallots, peeled.
    4 or 5 Green Olives.

For each person, take two sheets of cooking foil and form a cross - shiny side up, most important.

Put a small, (and I nean SMALL), sprinkle of olive oil on the foil then make a pyramid of the ingredients. No particular order, just mix them up nicely).

A good seasoning of salt and black pepper, then add a sprig or two of your favourite herb, (here I'm using Italian Basil, but this meal works well with any fresh herb, Origano, Thyme, Rosemary - whatever you have handy).

Now drizzle the whole lot with a little, (and I mean a LITTLE), olive oil then screw up the foil to completely enclose the whole meal. Make sure it's fully closed and than none of the cutlet bones are sticking through the foil.

Place the parcels in a pre-heated oven at 150 degrees C for one and a quarter hours.

Remove from the oven and simply place a complete foil parcel, still sealed, on each plate and serve as-is. Eat it out of the foil, the aromas are fabulous.

I haven't included a picture of the finished article, I'll leave that to your imagination in the hope that you'll be tempted to try it and see just how good a simple meal can be. It's a fantastic meal, simple all the way from preparation to presentation. Enjoy. :D
    Enjoyed this recipe so much I tried a variation using Steak and Kidney. One of the best easy meals I think you can make.

Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold

6 New Potatoes.
    6 Shallots, peeled.
    4 or 5 Green Olives.

Enjoyed this recipe so much I tried a variation using Steak and Kidney. One of the best easy meals I think you can make.

Glad you liked it. Works with practcally any meat combination that needs slow cooking. :) :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

If you are looking for simplicity there is nothing to beat:

1 ripe, but not too ripe, banana.
    1 425g can of Ambrosia Devon Custard.

Peel and slice the banana, mix and serve.

I'd like to think this serves 2 but......

Master

I got the most incredible recipe from epicurious.com.

spice-rubbed chicken and vegetable tacos with cilantro slaw and chipotle cream

1 1/2 cups sour cream
    1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles* (about 2)
    2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
    1 tablespoon smoked hot Spanish paprika (Pimentón de la Vera)**
    2 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder

2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
    1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick strips
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, each halved horizontally

12 5- to 6-inch-diameter corn tortillas, warmed
    Cilantro Slaw
    2 limes, each cut into 6 wedges
    Preparation
    Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Whisk sour cream and chipotle chiles in small bowl; season with salt. Whisk brown sugar and next 5 ingredients in another small bowl to blend for spice rub.

Place zucchini and bell pepper on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle spice rub over both sides of vegetables and chicken.

Place chicken and vegetables on barbecue. Grill until vegetables are tender and browned in spots and chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to work surface; cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Cut vegetables crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces. Place chicken and vegetables in large bowl; toss to blend.

Place chicken and vegetables, chipotle cream, tortillas, slaw, and lime wedges on table. Allow guests to assemble their own soft tacos.

*Chipotle chiles canned in a spicy tomato sauce, which is sometimes called adobo, are available at some supermarkets, at Latin markets, and at specialty foods stores.
    **Available at specialty foods stores and from tienda.com.

cilantro slaw

12 ounces purchased shredded three-color coleslaw mix (about 7 cups)
    1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Preparation
    Place coleslaw mix and cilantro in large bowl. Whisk canola oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Add to cabbage mixture; toss to coat.

My own comments

After making this for a dozen people, I've decided to mix it up a little for the next time. While I love red bell peppers, my wife doesn't, so I'm going to replace them with carrots and corn on the cob. I've read where many people replaced the chicken with pork chops, and one of my martial arts students used it on steaks instead with very good results. The rub is very easy to make, and tastes wonderful.

Here's the recipe of the Tarta di mele, an easy to make italian variant of the universally acclaimed apple cake theme:

6 apples (I used Elstar, every sour, non-mealy variant is oK),
    2 eggs,
    150 grams sugar, 1 pack of vanilla sugar,
    100 grams flour, 1/2 pack of baking soda,
    100ml milk,
    one lemons' juice,
    a bit of butter and flour for the form.

Sqeeze the lemon, peel the apples, remove the core, slice them really fine (eg with a cucumber slicer) and mix them with the lemon juice to prevent oxidation:

Melt the butter and whip it with the other ingredients to a rather foamy dough, carefully mix the apples with the dough:

Put the mix in a buttered and floured tarte or spring form and bake it at 180 degrees celsius for 50-60 minutes:

Let it chill, sprinkle with powdered sugar and ...

...ENJOY!

Share YOUR stuff, too, please.