closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex OP39mm v DJ41

Threaded View

Master

Rolex OP39mm v DJ41

Having just picked up a new OP39mm I thought it would be interesting to compare to my DJ41. I picked up the black dial OP yesterday and the brushed stainless steel bracelet and polished smooth domed bezel give it a classic understated look. The DJ41 being two tone and with fluted bezel is certainly more noticeable. The lugs are also polished which make it more flashy too.

The dials on both models have similarly sized batons and Rolex crown at 12 o’clock. Both are sunburst although this is very subtle on the OP but certainly enough to give it a bit of character when the light hits it a certain way. The DJ41 sunburst is more noticeable and the colour, to my eyes at least, goes very well with the rose gold bezel. The dial diameter of the OP is also very slightly smaller, probably by about 1mm.

In terms of case profile these are very similar. On close inspection though the OP has more of a curve and wraps around the wrist more. The case also appears to be thinner in the middle and then gets very very slightly thicker towards the lugs before tapering to the pointy ends. The DJ41 on the other hand is marginally thinner and stays a consistent thickness before tapering at the lugs.

In regards to the crowns both are dual lock offering 100m of water resistance with the OP39 being slightly larger.

Again similar clasps although the DJ41 having an embossed Rolex crown compares to the OP’s pressed crown. Not massive but the DJ’s does look a bit more quality. DJ also comes with easylink extension, not something I’ve ever used so not missed on the OP

So just a quick side by side comparison. The new black dial for the OP is a winner in my eyes. For me I think it represents good value (in the current market) when compared to a new DJ41 with black dial....is the date function and some polished links worth the £1,400 extra?? Personally I think not and feel the OP39 could steal some sales from the DJ41. Overall though happy with the OP and think it will fit well into the current collection.
    Last edited by michael.jaye; 22nd September 2018 at 12:42.