closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A good Loake day in Exeter

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

A good Loake day in Exeter

Popped down to Exeter yesterday with sole purpose of purchasing a pair of Loake Avon shoes from the Loake store.

The Avon is a split toe Derby and in suede is just perfect, not to formal and not to casual, just the right balance for everyday wear. This shoe is part of the new Loake Legacy range which was launched on Thursday.

Obviously expecting to be able to view the whole collection as its new and being promoted I was disappointed that they did not have the Avon. Oh well, I’ve previously tried on shoe from from their export grade (Loakes highest grade shoe) and would bought them but the shoe in my size was poorly finished.

So, as they did not have the Avon I thought I would go the Export grade as I had previously tried them, but they did have my size.

Im not leaving without shoes so back to the new Legacy range and despite have having a few pairs of double monk I opted for the new Wensum in Conker.

Perfect.

Now, a promotion was running if you bought a pair from the Legacy range whereby you get a golden envelope, each with a prize ranging from a tin of polish right up to a leather weekend/overnight bag.

So out comes a bundle of about 40-50 golden envelopes and I let Mrs b4w choose, obviously expecting a tin of polish, myself Tom and Kelvin (Tom and Kelvin work in the store) listen while Mrs b4w reads the enclosed card. To everyone’s shock she announces that holder is entitled to a free Burghley leather bag.

The guys in store took a promo pic to put on their Twitter feed, if I had known I would have dressed up. Lol

Blog Entries
    Very nice and well done.

Cracking pair of worn Chester's there also.

Pitch

Journeyman
    That's really cool! I'm just about to pull the trigger on my first pair of Loakes too :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    That's really cool! I'm just about to pull the trigger on my first pair of Loakes too :)
    Thats my 6th pair of Loakes, I’m out of control. Lol

Which are going for?

What a splendid prize! Loakes are my go-to brand for boots. I was unfortunate to lose a couple of pairs that had been in my wardrobe for the best part of 15 years when my crazed ex threw my stuff out but I was fortunate to replace both pairs recently, one of which was almost exactly the same, albeit with sterile branded Dainite soles.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Thats my 6th pair of Loakes, I’m out of control. Lol

Which are going for?

I'm going for the Fearnley, it's a brogue, in dark brown. Will be wearing it on my wedding day :)

I've only become aware of Loakes recently and I can see myself getting a couple of pairs over time

Master
    Well done that’s great :-)

I do enjoy my Loakes, alternate between them and Trickers. I’m yet to try that shop, must pop in next time I’m in Exeter. It can only be about 34 1/2 metres from MS

Craftsman
    Lucky bugger! Can you ask your missus to pick 6 lottery numbers for me tonight? PM them to me - I ain’t sharing the prize with everyone on here......

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Well done that’s great :-)

I do enjoy my Loakes, alternate between them and Trickers. I’m yet to try that shop, must pop in next time I’m in Exeter. It can only be about 34 1/2 metres from MS
    and about the same to Michael Spiers.

Yes yes but there's no watch in that photo - what were you wearing?

(excellent news on the shoes and prize!)
    "A man of little significance"

Nice one Ben, you are looking good.

Great shop that one, one of the chaps that works in there is a big watch fan. I think it is a fantastic in there but yet to purchase shoes as I am not very smartly dressed at anytime.

Master
    and about the same to Michael Spiers.
    That’s what I said ‘MS’ :-)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Yes yes but there's no watch in that photo - what were you wearing?

(excellent news on the shoes and prize!)
    just for ref Simon it was a speedy pro on grey suede.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That’s what I said ‘MS’ :-)
    i thought you meant Marks and Spencer 😊

Master
    i thought you meant Marks and Spencer 
    Ha ha no, nothing of use to me in M&S :-)

It's not been a great Loake day around here, it's been p**sing down since 8am

Journeyman
    My first pair of Loakes arrived today :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    My first pair of Loakes arrived today :)

Good shout Fezz.

I bought my first pair of loakes in the shop today, in fact it is the first pair of shoes I have purchased for 20 + years, as I wear skateboarding shoes or work shoes. Needed some smart shoes

Fantastic place, excellent service and very happy.

Black brogues.

Next time I'm in Exeter I'll pop into their store.

Back in the day I bought a pair of their suede shoes, lovely they were too but short-lived: I opened a garage forecourt door and there must have been a piece of metal stick out of the underside as it cut (literally) across the top of one shoe and opened it up like a knife though butter. :-(

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I love my loakes. I have 3 pairs of the 1880 range. I saw some design by loakes in tk max the other day but they wernt as good as the 1880s. Really like the brand. Not mega expensive but superb design and quality..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

Back in the day I bought a pair of their suede shoes, lovely they were too but short-lived: I opened a garage forecourt door and there must have been a piece of metal stick out of the underside as it cut (literally) across the top of one shoe and opened it up like a knife though butter. :-(

R
    Hugely annoying as that must have been, at least your Loake shoes saved your toes!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    Nightmare shoe incident.

Great store and really nice staff, a proper place with fantastic customer service.

I was going to say give us a shout when you are in my home town but chances are I will be away working somewhere, as usual.

Take care.