closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed For

Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed For

I posted something from UK to Germany on 12 September via Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed For. There has been no tracking information since the item left the UK on 13 September.

I have complained to RM that they are not providing the service (tracking) that I have paid for. Their response:

Firstly please be aware that the International Tracked and Signed service is not contractual, it is a service provided under a Scheme created under Section 89 of the Postal Services Act 2000. The purchase of one of our services does not constitute entry into a contract with Royal Mail, verbally or otherwise.

Your item will receive further tracking as it proceeds on its journey; at this time there are no updates, so there is no further tracking. Further tracking information is contingent on there being new information to provide to you, and no new information does not in any way constitute a failure in service.

Apparently they think it is perfectly fine to charge me for tracking, but not to provide tracking.

Craftsman
    You could try the website of the German delivery partner (Deutsche Post or DHL?), or use a general parcel tracking site (e.g. https://www.parcelmonitor.com/ ). I have found that they can be a bit more accurate than RM on international deliveries.
    If you need any help with the German websites, just drop me a PM.

Craftsman
    I have found RM to be worse than useless between the item leaving the UK and being delivered. As the poster above suggests try the service in the delivery country.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    You can usually track item sent to Germany by Royal Mail via https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/home

Normally they are very fasting getting items to France and Germany.

As per Ares’ comment, you will find once it leaves the UK any additional updates are on the tracking website of whichever company is delivering it locally. In Germany, I believe this is GLS.

Another thing to bear in mind is that in Germany, we regularly get customers kicking off their item hasn’t arrived, then when we track it, GLS decided to leave the item at a local parcel shop instead of delivering it to their address (we have this happen 2-3 times every week).

Royal Mail tracked and signed, in general, is pants. We regularly have items go missing on this supposedly secure service and where possible, we now use DHL to Europe instead.
    Last edited by haberdashery; 21st September 2018 at 20:44.

Craftsman
    RM tracked and signed for works well for me here in France.
    They are the quickest of any delivery from the UK I get, and even though the box has no extra French tracking stuff on it the post man always scans the RM sticker and gets me to sign.

Maybe I am just lucky that La Poste here are very well run...and regarded. In fairness it probably works well here because they do love a bit of bureaucacy and a signature ...well that just makes them happy.

I find RM a bit hit and miss for international deliveries. It is only as good as the postal service of the receiving country. I don’t use them any more, not reliable enough. I had one particularly bad experience where a parcel went off the radar for more than a month.
    I now use UPS for international packages and they have been very reliable.

Journeyman
    Once the package left the UK, I will not receive any tracking information for about 1 week until it reaches Singapore. Then I will use Singpost to track all the way to final delivery.

Given the much shorter distance to Germany, I am a bit worried. Hope you can get some useful information using the German post tracking service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro