timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apps to improve pictures

Apps to improve pictures

The wife and I went to Kenya back in July and whilst there we did a couple of days in the Masai Mara, took a few (well loads) pictures. I posted on Talk Photography and somebody was kind enough to say they would process the pictures. A few have been done but and I was embarrassed to ask over there but what apps can be used to do this and is it a black art.

Take into account that I know nothing about nothing.

Here’s a link to a few full size picture I took wondering if somebody might be able to offer some guidance?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e9720te1g...dQOD4EZla?dl=0

When I click the link it says
    “I love nips I really do- wants to share with you”

I went no further

On my iPad/iPhone I use Snapseed for a reasonable level of basic editing. It's decent for repairing dust spots etc too. Anything more then it's Lightroom and Photoshop on the Mac.

Apps to improve pictures

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    When I click the link it says
    “I love nips I really do- wants to share with you”

I went no further
    LOL if you click through to Dropbox you can then download the full size pics as a zip file.

Edit: forgot to explain that iluvnips is my Ebay ID which that Dropbox account is used for.
    Last edited by IAmATeaf; 20th September 2018 at 20:55.

For image processing you've got lots of options, Snapseed and Darkroom are the best mobile solutions. On a computer there are "non-destructive" options like Lightroom, CaptureOne, Affinity, Rawtherapee and On1 and then you have the pixel editors like Photoshop, Gimp etc.

The non-destructive ones allow you to make 'surface edits' like colour corrections, cropping, tinting, changing exposure, highlights, shadows and some local adjustments etc, but the orginal image is never changed, so you can always go back. The pixel editors basically let you edit the image pixel by pixel if you want to and allow you make wholesale changes like swapping out a sky or cloning out people.

Personally I have the adobe creative cloud photography plan which gets you Lightroom and photoshop for around a tenner a month. I like them for their integration and I've used PS for years from when I studied design, so for me it's quite intuitive. They all do roughly the same job though.

Craftsman
    I’m usually a Lightroom user. But for quick and cheerful on my Ipad I use Perfectly Clear which is great for use with social media when away from home.