closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: speedmaster broad arrow 3551.20 vs speedy pro

Craftsman

speedmaster broad arrow 3551.20 vs speedy pro

Having owned a Speedy Pro for a month or so, I have to admit that I absolutely love it and it has turned my attention more to smaller (42mm) sized watches rather than the larger diver style watches.

How does the broad arrow 3551.20 compare in size to a regular Speedy Pro? Both are 42mm(?)

I have tried on the larger speedy auto’s (44mm) and the latest Speedy ‘57 which I think are too large. The ‘57 is acceptable on a strap, but the 44mm Speedy auto I’m not a fan of the case size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Anyone?

Master
    I have a slightly newer Broad Arrow model, the succinctly named 321.10.42.50.02.001, launched in 2007 for the 50th anni of the original but not as an LE, so can hopefully be of assistance. In answer to the question about size, the broad arrow models use what is one of the thinnest (if not in fact the thinnest) Auto chrono movements in the world and in fact are pretty much identical in depth to the 1861 movement speedmasters and also 42mm in width. In fact the case number is 178.0022 which shows you how similar they are to the 145.0022 Moonwatch model. I suspect the mid case may actually be identical. On the wrist they feel exactly the same. I have several Speedmasters including classic models and have to say the one shown below gets a lot of wrist time as it is beautiful to look at but also has the practicality of auto wind and a date window missing from the std watch. Another one to consider is the Moonphase 42mm version. Also manual wind but very pretty.

Last edited by Padders; 26th September 2018 at 19:01.

I have owned both a 2001 Speedy Pro and BA 3551.20 for at least 15 years and while I have not placed them side by side, have always believed the cases to be identical The major difference between the two is the bracelet, the curved bracelet on the BA is much more comfortable and looks better too.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys. Appreciate that.