timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap on

Strap on

Hi,
    Off to Florence early next year, planning to take the 5D(mk1) without the battery grip to lower bulk/ attention that a "proper" camera might attract. Just thinking of ditching the >>>EOS DIGITAL<<<<< strap for something more stealthy. Having waded through far too many hipster reviews/ blogs that made me want to throw my camera in a skip I wondered if there were any recommendations from the TZ gurus, prefer black or dark tone leather and tend to have it diagonally / across the body rather than up front.

Cheers

Pox

Going by the title I was about to suggest Anne Summers.

I thought I had misread the title
    Well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.

OpTech. Re Florence, you'll need to be about very early in the morning before the hordes. Some lovely architectural detail to be photographed though, and the museums are great, as is the food!

Craftsman
    Most comfortable strap for a DSLR Iíve ever had was an Optech neoprene. For something more unique check out Footprint who produce hand made leather straps. They sell through EBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Going by the title I was about to suggest Anne Summers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I thought I had misread the title
    may have been deliberate to grab the attention, your interest has been noted.
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 20th September 2018 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    OpTech. Re Florence, you'll need to be about very early in the morning before the hordes. Some lovely architectural detail to be photographed though, and the museums are great, as is the food!
    Cheers
    Based in Florence so we can go early (think it was covered in Pitch visit thread) plus the kids are usually up early doors, definitely looking forwards to maintaining my physique on the food front.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
    Most comfortable strap for a DSLR Iíve ever had was an Optech neoprene. For something more unique check out Footprint who produce hand made leather straps. They sell through EBay.
    Cheers will have a look at the w/end at the suggestions.

This is the OpTech I use. I also got a couple of their small velcro strips that feed through where short parts clip into the wide padded section and make a more secure connection.

https://optechusa.com/pro-strap.html