timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Strap on

  1. #1

    Strap on

    Hi,
    Off to Florence early next year, planning to take the 5D(mk1) without the battery grip to lower bulk/ attention that a "proper" camera might attract. Just thinking of ditching the >>>EOS DIGITAL<<<<< strap for something more stealthy. Having waded through far too many hipster reviews/ blogs that made me want to throw my camera in a skip I wondered if there were any recommendations from the TZ gurus, prefer black or dark tone leather and tend to have it diagonally / across the body rather than up front.

    Cheers

    Pox

  2. #2
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    4,944
    Going by the title I was about to suggest Anne Summers.

  3. #3
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    14,978
    I thought I had misread the title
    Well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.

  4. #4
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up a creek
    Posts
    29,324
    OpTech. Re Florence, you'll need to be about very early in the morning before the hordes. Some lovely architectural detail to be photographed though, and the museums are great, as is the food!

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Plymouth Devon
    Posts
    277
    Most comfortable strap for a DSLR Iíve ever had was an Optech neoprene. For something more unique check out Footprint who produce hand made leather straps. They sell through EBay.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Going by the title I was about to suggest Anne Summers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I thought I had misread the title
    may have been deliberate to grab the attention, your interest has been noted.
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 20th September 2018 at 18:25.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    OpTech. Re Florence, you'll need to be about very early in the morning before the hordes. Some lovely architectural detail to be photographed though, and the museums are great, as is the food!
    Cheers
    Based in Florence so we can go early (think it was covered in Pitch visit thread) plus the kids are usually up early doors, definitely looking forwards to maintaining my physique on the food front.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
    Most comfortable strap for a DSLR Iíve ever had was an Optech neoprene. For something more unique check out Footprint who produce hand made leather straps. They sell through EBay.
    Cheers will have a look at the w/end at the suggestions.

  9. #9
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up a creek
    Posts
    29,324
    This is the OpTech I use. I also got a couple of their small velcro strips that feed through where short parts clip into the wide padded section and make a more secure connection.

    https://optechusa.com/pro-strap.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •