closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jean Claude biver steps down

I wish him all the best on his recovery. Definitely a personality in the business. A lot of the 'older' executives are retiring, I hope the newer/younger ones have as much personality.

Master
    I really enjoyed his Hodinkee 'Talking watches' episode. There's not much he's missed in the last half century of the watch world!

Craftsman
    I always appreciated what a straight talker he was. Yes, he was a salesman, too, but the way he chose to present the brand he worked for very few of his peers could and would pull off. Everyone else defened duff models and tried to find merit where there was none, but Biver would always say something like, "I agree with you, I don't know what the hell we were thinking - but we've learnt, and we're going to serve our customers better now."

Craftsman
    Very good man to leave the watch trade, who is the replacement?

Craftsman

Own man.

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    Very good man to leave the watch trade, who is the replacement?

Whoever they bring in will undoubtedly want to make their mark quickly to establish a reputation with solid profits to please the shareholders and Bivers influence and direction he took Tag etc could be slowly or very quickly dismantled.

Always appeared to be a very passionate watch enthusiast compared to many of the grey suited profit driven corporation teams within the industry.

That's a shame and I hope his health issues are resolvable. He comes over in interviews as very driven, charismatic and likeable, and appears to be very well-respected. Good to see he still has a role albeit non-exec.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

That's a shame

You might not like everything he's done but at least he has been a passionate advocate of the watch industry for the lat 30 years or so

Hope he gets his health sorted

Tim

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Whoever they bring in will undoubtedly want to make their mark quickly to establish a reputation with solid profits to please the shareholders and Bivers influence and direction he took Tag etc could be slowly or very quickly dismantled.

Always appeared to be a very passionate watch enthusiast compared to many of the grey suited profit driven corporation teams within the industry.
    Could not agree more

Just as an update sure most will have seen this.

Business News: Stéphane Bianchi Appointed To Succeed Jean-Claude Biver As Head Of LVMH Watches https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/st...f-lvmh-watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk